It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists unveil mind-controlled drone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Chinese scientists unveil mind-controlled drone

rt.com

Chinese researchers have unveiled a system that allows users to control drones with their thoughts. The technology was designed to help handicapped people, but could have ample applications in other fields as well.

The students hope their technology will be able to help disabled people become more interactive with the world around them...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
rt.com

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is very impressive, not only is it a change in technology, but the change is helping those in need. People who are in wheelchairs may have it easier when it comes to daily life with the type of technology. One example is opening and closing doors by being recognised by their wheel chair. Other uses can be helpful for these types of people.

One thing it did not say, was the technology being used for Military use. This could be used in many ways for military, Im sure everyone here can only imagine what the military would use it for...

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good find mate. My only problem is the source. R-T have been known to report bull# quite a few times.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

I'm trying to find a video of this actually happening. In the link it talks about a video, but I cant seem to find the vid...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sweet, let us know if you find it mate

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
If the Chinese have it, that means the US has had it for 5 + years....

Skynet has been activated.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

True, true... the secrets will be kept.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

Awesome. Who knows what can be done with this. What if a chip was implanted into another human without their knowledge (During routine surgery) and then you could control them etc....Hmmmmm?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

They are so far behind us here in America. We have been using thismind controlled drone technology for a while. Where? President Bush. Don't know exactly who was controlling him though.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
At first i read the tittle wrong and thought we had mind control drones.

I really don't see the difference in someone in a wheelchair and someone glued to the proverable couch.
This is a giant leap in technology and leaves me wondering if my original fears have come true and where we are headed next in our grasp for advancement.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
it is quite amazing what life could be like for some people in the future, like people paralysed from the neck down. Eventually we'll be in the position where they just pick you up and strap you into your robotic frame and you control it with your mind, so at least you are able to walk around and still have some kind of quality of life rather than lie in a bed 24/7 trapped inside your own head, it scares me to think what that must be like, unable to move or talk and just lie there looking at the same thing 24/7 365 but your mind still works, must be absolute torture, but in the future they will probably be able to move around in their robotic frame and talk via a mind controlled computer.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Great, a billion chinese can chill at home while a billion drones fly around fighting whatever enemy they project themselves on, mmmmm sneaky lil dragons, lmfao JK
BUT seriously, I thought some guy in japan had this tech being worked...
amazingstuff.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think Soney or somebody was developing game controllers that worked like that.....yep in J A pan

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I believe it was toyota.....could be wrong...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Chinese got a hold of the technology from us via corporate espionage. Good "students" indeed.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
If the Chinese have it, that means the US has had it for 5 + years....

Skynet has been activated.

More like 25+ years. Technologically speaking we are seriously beyond China. They are just now "inventing" tomahawk missiles.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is brain-machine interface is nothing new. Search the web for "Monkey using a robotic arm"
edit on 3/9/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Have you seen there is a new strain of whooping cough and they want to give all newborns a new jab!

I also think the article said something about injecting the Mothers too....

I'll see if i can find the article

Here it is:

news.sky.com...

news.sky.com...

Watch out just in case they putting something else in the tube!
edit on 3-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
Great, a billion chinese can chill at home while a billion drones fly around fighting whatever enemy they project themselves on, mmmmm sneaky lil dragons, lmfao JK
BUT seriously, I thought some guy in japan had this tech being worked...
amazingstuff.co.uk...

Well luckily for us they are made in China which means they will be so cheaply made that we can take out a billion of 'em with good ol' Daisy bb guns

top topics

<<   2 >>

join