It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Arrested After 'Burglars' Shot

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Taking someone that just had to defend the life of their family, and their own life, and grilling them “interrogation style” is just morally wrong on so many levels.

All you are doing is adding to the trauma they are being subjected to.

If there is anything the pops up that contradicts their story, then you can arrest them then, but only then.

You should not subject someone in that condition to that for absolutely no reason at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I live in Texas. Where it is perfectly legal to shoot someone, simply for being on your property. Shoot first, then ask questions. Texas has some unusual legal remedies..........

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
If you turn a gun on another person and pull the trigger no matter the reason, you should get arrested.

I don't see anything wrong here.

You don't leave momma's basement much, do you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Mianeye

If you turn a gun on another person and pull the trigger no matter the reason, you should get arrested. I don't see anything wrong here.

So if a guy is stabbing me and i pull a gun and shoot him, I should be arrested?
That, my friend sounds ignorant.

Lethal force can and should be met with lethal force; but even in the states: you can't shoot someone(i.e. apply lethal force) for stealing your TV!

Legally justified shootings include the stipulation: "imminent threat of grievous bodily harm to yourself or others".
Responsible("trained") gun owners know this. Screaming Liberal anti's do not.

States with a"castle doctrine" are just a little more lenient in that one can assume( You are given the benefit of the doubt) upon finding some univited person in your livingroom at 2A.m; they are there for "no good" purposes.

In reality: in the after math of any shooting incident. You ( the homeowner/ shooter)will in all probability be arrested and all weapons will be removed from your property. Even the miscreant was/is (?) a"citizen". An assault occurred.

Contrary to overhyped anti-gunner blathering: The last thing any of us wants is to be involved in a shooting!
But given the choice between watching your family tortured or stopping some miscreant we all want the option to make that decision.

edit on 3-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by 46ACE because: added...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Some cops here in the U.S. say that if someone does break into your home and you shoot them then make sure you kill them. Most District Attorneys won't persue charges against a citizen in that manner unless there is strong evidence that says the home owner used excessive force or had an option to not use lethal force.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Where we in the UK, and elsewhere, get really pissed off with you Americans is when you start moralising and criticising other's for their gun laws and using the lack of an equivallent to the Second Amendment as blame for everything and anything bad that happens in our countries and quite bizarrely accuse us of having a lack of balls and backbone.

The British people have risen up and removed several tyrants throughout our history, despite your Second Amendment I don't see any such events in American history.

Americans emphasize the lack of balls because every country in history that disarmed their citizenry ended up in tyranny and mass murdering millions of them. The British people have only risen up a few times and that was during the time in their history WHEN THE CITIZENRY WERE ARMED. What are you going to do this time when your government needs overthrowing throw spit balls at them?

here is a flier I put together years ago proving the point :

Anti Self-Defense (gun control) & The Mass Extermination Of Peoples

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense.
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '1, '2, '3.

1.5 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '4.

13 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. '5.

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '6

100 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '7.

300 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '8, '9.

1 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated." '10.

56 million total, exterminated for lack of self-defense.Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

The next time someone talks in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control), ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and EXTERMINATE?" Please pause and reflect on the MASSIVE AMOUNT of lives lost because the means of self defense were deprived these people. Now you may begin to understand why gun owners are prepared to defend the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" with all our might as our Founding Fathers did! This is not idle talk, references are provided. The media is not giving facts, next time they quote statistics supposedly in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control) Ask for references, you will be astonished at the lack there of, and half truths used to support their "Anti Self-Defense" agenda.

End notes
Lethal Laws. By Jay Simkin, Aaron Zelman, & Alan M. Rice. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, P.O. Box 270143, Hartford, WI 53027 (262) 673-9745 et al. '1. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 98. '2. Decree of the Council of People's Commissars, 10 December 1918, reprinted in 4 Decrees of Soviet Power 123 (Moscow 1968), reprinted in Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 123 '3. Id. at 100-04. '4. Id. at 83. '5. Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews 318-20 (1985). '6. Id. at 190. '7. Id. at 229. '8. Id. at 276. '9. Id. at 278. '10. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 315. For more in depth detail visit: www.jpfo.org..., www.jpfo.org...

edit on 3-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I am well aware of the history you keep bringing up, but it is irrelevant. Even though the law used to say we could own firearms, back at the beginning of the last century, it did not mean everyone was armed. Very few people owned firearms and those that did had them, for the most part, for practical purposes, not home / self defence. The UK was not some Wild West like society, with everyone packin' heat and ready to blast the next person who looked sideways at them, or overthrow the government

Again you show your ignorance why don't you provide us with some proof that not many were armed instead of repeating your false belief? I guess all those hand guns that were turned in and destroyed weren't owned by anyone.
Yeah your history is irrelevant typical brainwashed sheeple response along with the false insinuation that Americans were all packing and ready to blast anyone who looked at them wrong... Sigh! .

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ATS Double tap
edit on 3-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

My point was that despite what some are saying it's not ok to shoot anyone who has intruded into your property, even in the US, you have to have genuine fear you our your family's well being and safety.
If that is not the case then you are just as likely to be prosecuted in parts of the USA as you are in the UK.

Hardly irrelevant - but I guess that point just went straight over your head.

In the limited reports we have had on this instance there is no mention whatsoever of the burglars being armed, (statistically it is highly unlikely that they were armed), or that they even threatened the homeowner's etc.
If that was the case then I suspect that the CPS may indeed seek a prosecution.

I did read somewhere that this wasn't the first time this couples property had been burgled - I can understand their frustration etc.

Perhaps if the pathetically lenient sentences meted out for burglary were greatly increased then we wouldn't see as many instances such as this.
But I stress, these cases are very, very rare indeed and always make national headlines.

It's interesting that you chose not to comment on any of the other points I made in my post.

Hmmm - I wonder why?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Who called the police? I assume it was one of the thieves.If I had been the home owner I don't think I would have called them. It would be less trouble to kill the thieves and boil them down for a couple of days in 50 gal drums, pour out the soup, and dissolve the remaining teeth and bones in muriatic acid. A couple fewer douchebags in the world, time to move on.

Messy business but not as messy as going to jail for protecting yourself Thieves are fair game if the opportunity presents itself. It cracks me up when thieves seek honor from the very people they dishonored.

I suspect that those who are shocked by this attitude , are probably thieves themselves to one degree or another.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PushEject

If you turn a gun on another person and pull the trigger no matter the reason, you should get arrested.

You don't leave momma's basement much, do you?

My mom is dead, and i don't live in a basement...
Anything else you wanna throw at me

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

what is scum like this broke in to do bodily harm to you or your family what if they tried to violate sexually you or your spouse and kids are you going to turn the cheek so they can crap on that one to. the poor british people let the bureaucracy get to big and out of control. thank god i live in a state thaat follows the castle doctrine . recently in my area a burglar broke into a house and couldnt find anything worth stealing so he went into bedroom and tried violating what he thought was a teen girl it was a long haired teen boy who bgeat the crap out of him in england the kid would do time right. Thank god FOR second amendment. try breaking i nto my house some time and become the true red mist you deserve to be.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You just don't get it do you - we don't care what you do in the US - that's entirely up to you and that's as it should be.
But we don't need or want the same Right To Bear Arms - we are a different country with a completely different culture.

All your moralising and posturing just makes you look increasingly like a yet another American obseesed with imposing his own morals and values on other people.

Americans emphasize the lack of balls because every country in history that disarmed their citizenry ended up in tyranny and mass murdering millions of them.

That's absolute and total bollocks.
Yes, some countries may have done - but definately not all.
How about Sweden?
Or the Netherlands?
What about Japan?

See not ALL countries by any stretch of the imagination.

My experience of the type of Americans who emphasize the 'lack of balls' of other nations tend to have one or two things in common - arrogance and an over bearing sense of the US's own importance.

The British people have only risen up a few times and that was during the time in their history WHEN THE CITIZENRY WERE ARMED

But we have done - when have the American people ever stood up to their rulers?

. What are you going to do this time when your government needs overthrowing throw spit balls at them?

Lol - and what use do you think all those Glocks are going to be against the weaponry at the disposal of the US governemnt if it ever decided to get truly repressive etc.

And do you really expect people to believe that the excesses of Hitler, Stalin, Mao etc would have been avoided if all the respective citizens had guns?

If you believe that then I've got to say you have very little understanding of human nature and the human condition.

As I have said repeatedly here on ATS, I fully understand why the US has it's Second Amendment - if I lived in the US I would probably arm myself - but I don't - I live in the UK and we neither need or want any relaxation of our gun laws - and that has nothing to do with lack of balls or anything like that but everything to do with a different country, different circumstances and different requirements.

edit on 3/9/12 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
reply to post by Mianeye

what is scum like this broke in to do bodily harm to you or your family what if they tried to violate sexually you or your spouse and kids are you going to turn the cheek so they can crap on that one to. the poor british people let the bureaucracy get to big and out of control. thank god i live in a state thaat follows the castle doctrine . recently in my area a burglar broke into a house and couldnt find anything worth stealing so he went into bedroom and tried violating what he thought was a teen girl it was a long haired teen boy who bgeat the crap out of him in england the kid would do time right. Thank god FOR second amendment. try breaking i nto my house some time and become the true red mist you deserve to be.

What if, what if, sure a lot of these comments towards me...How about staying to what happened and reality, instead of making up scary storys.

You and all the other "what if" completly misunderstood my comment...Rediculous.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
But criminals who break into your house and could kill you are people too!

Oh I hate liberals so much..

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Sure hope you don't have someone break into your home, People like you that always try and demonize the victims.....the homeowner didn't ask for those thugs to break into their home.

reply to post by Mianeye

What happened, punks broke into someones home - paid the price. Deal with it.

Not everyone is a sheep.
edit on 3-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Will you look at that, another one who didn't get it

Read the effing article, understand the law of UK, not US, not your OPINION on whats fair or unfair.

The people got arrested cause they shot some other people, no matter what the situation is, you can not just shot people, when the law says it's illigal
Those who got shot, where the one who called the police, therefore the police take the stand, that it's a posible atempted murder, and arrest both parts when confronted with the posible buglary.

I agree that the shooters should be arrested as long as there is no CLEAR info on what has been going on, and i say that should happen every time, or else we would have people going around shoting innocent people claiming it's self defence and go free.

I do not agree that they should be prosecuted or sentenced to jail, but as long the law says you can't shot people and you do it anyway, no matter the reason, you are a criminal...Period.

AND WOULD PEOPLE STOP TELLING ME WHAT COULD HAPPEN OR SHOULD HAPPEN TO ME, MY CHILDREN, OR MY FAMILY, BLOODY MANIACS

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just love the suggestion that we should all learn martial arts.
Does that include retired people (like me), pregnant females, those who are sick or disabled?
Here's a scenario for you. This 62 year old female (me) is woken in the night by sounds downstairs. Then I hear footsteps coming upstairs. Let's say I have a licensed firearm (yes they do exist in the UK). My bedroom is small and once they appear in the doorway they could be across to me in a couple of bounds.
While I am opening my mouth to politely enquire as to the purpose of their visit (and warn them about the gun) they could be at my side.
It doesn't happen often in the UK but sometimes terrible things do happen - sometimes to elderly people on their own. All you need is some drugged up scroat. I think it would be cool to aim for the groin area. At the least it would hopefully stop them breeding.

It's not just a matter of losing material possessions. Some people never recover from having their homes invaded in this way.
edit on 3-9-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

They are not liberals, they are people who scooped a pile of dung together, and call it their moral high ground from which they can preach down to the rest of us.Nothing liberal in that. I'm a liberal in so much as you can do whatever crap you like, as long as it's not on my lawn and I don't have to smell it. Otherwise i'll get liberal with the buckshot, or whatever is handy.I'd expect any other person, liberal or otherwise, to do likewise.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Go back 1 page read the link, homeowner shot intruder, homeowner was not arrested.

If there is no evidence to suggest anything other then what the homeowner said, you can not arrest him.
You could ask him to come down for questioning, but when no law is broken an arrest leads to a lawsuit.

I live in one of the states that do not have the castle doctrine. We must retreat to the furthest part of the house, unless the intruder is blocking you or comes in after you, you can not shoot.

I would not want to kill a person over a TV anyway, you're right the last thing I would ever want is to shoot someone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join