It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Arrested After 'Burglars' Shot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
reply to post by woogleuk

He's right. It is just a normal part of the investigation process.
The Cops, after all, have to at least be seen to be as impartial as possible...towards BOTH parties involved.
Doesn't mean they agree with it, its their job and they're just the ones who have to do it.

In my case above the arresting Officer was like:
"Dude, I know this is bullsh**, but I have to do it.
Don't worry, any Lawyer worth half a damn will have you out of that court-room and case closed in minutes. Its just the process we have to follow...so even scumbags like that guy you smacked get a fair hearing."

...still...its not a great thing having a criminal charge and a court appearance on your Police Records...nor is the hassle of proving your right to defend yourself and your family...

Cops need to worry more about what happened and intent and less about some perceived appearance of even hand behavior. If the bad guys are acting badly it should be evident. Harry said it best:

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have a sign outside my home at the end of the driveway that states " Breaking into this home will cause injury and death and the potential to never be seen again" and I stand by that statement. With a past and present history of police officers in the family relation, I always had the clear understandings of the laws and rights I have. I also under stand how many corrupt lawyers feed of of the justice system and get many of the filthy criminals back on the street. With that being said, I wont bother to even call the police in the event I find an intruder in my home. they will just disappear, Avoiding the hassels and often disappointing outcomes of the current judicial system which often goes to the highest bidder.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420

Welcome to the real britain,americas aircraft carrier ! where the working class get screwed by dole scroungers as well as the justice system

Dole scroungers?

You mean the unemployed people who are unable to find work?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

In Pennsylvania is as long as perp dies inside your residence pretty much in the clear

Joke was if fell outside you drag him back inside shoot few more times before calling cops.......

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why are people so utterly pathetic without guns?

When did people learn to stop defending themselves? Why so reliant on firearms?

Go and learn some martial arts or self defense.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by CX

WOW

So, shoot the bad guy and go to jail?

Remind me to never move there.

I don't think every state allows vigilante justice if someone breaks into your home.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ever consider the bad guy might have a gun or there might be several during a home invasion?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I live in CT one of the worst, as long as you retreat to the furthest room you can shoot anyone that enters, or anyone that blocks you from moving to such room.

Now please keep in mind this has little or nothing to do with the op, besides my apartment is a small one floor apartment, so I can shoot from just about any room, however I live in a secured building and it's just a little safer.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is just standard procedure. The police need to make sure that there weren't any connections to the people who were shot and thus rule out fowl play.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

That's funny, a woman who is a black belt worked in a gun free zone, so she had to leave her gun in her car. After work she left with coworkers in a well lit parking lot all in a group, when she left them to go to her car she was garbed by a man 10 feet from her car. She was beaten, raped, and left for dead.

Her self defense training could not/did not help her against such an attacker.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Are you for real?

Okay maybe I should of said in my house, because outside the house you will be arrested, and the OP was about a shooting inside.

So that's why your post sounds ignorant because the cops would see someone broke in and tried to kill me. Arresting would do no good because they would already have the evidence.
Even if you were the officer, you would have no case.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Noinden

No, not really.
Again if this was in the US I don't think it would go past local news and the homeowner would not be arrested, unless they ran after the intruders and shot them.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Actually, it makes perfect sense. To the police, what we have is a scene in which a couple of people *claim* that burglars broke in. The police have no way of knowing what actually transpired. I doubt the burglars (I should probably say, the *alleged* burglars) just went and told the police, "Yes, well we were trying to rob these folks, so of course they rightfully shot us." Chances are they protested their utter innocence of any wrongdoing, as did the homeowners.

Being arrested isn't the same as being convicted. If charges aren't dropped, the homeowners will get a chance to explain their side of things. Since GB is not Texas, these homeowners have a chance to escape execution.

But there might be more to this than we see. For instance, why did they shoot these guys? I know that if I had a shotgun pointed at me, I'd immediately stop whatever I was doing, put my hands up, and poop in my pants. I can't imagine that these guys kept on burgling the house, or tried to threaten a guy (or woman) who was pointing the shotgun at them.

But - perhaps they ran. In that case, their injuries would tend to be on their backsides, and that may have been what got these folks into trouble. I don't know how it works in GB, but in the US you generally can't shoot someone who's fleeing from you. The threat to you is over at that point. It's no longer self defense.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
playing devils advocate....

The only issue I can see the police having is how he got to his locked away,secure and unloaded shotgun in the middle of a break in.

One of the reasons I believe firearms in the UK have to be under lock and key is so that guns can't be grabbed in the heat of the moment. If you have to time to go and unlock your gun and load it, you probably have time to get out a window/door and run.

I'd be surprised if they ended up in court over this. But good luck renewing your shotgun certificate.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm sorry your links are irrelevant.

#1 It was murder. The shooter followed the intruder into the yard and shot him.
#2 It was reckless conduct. You can't fire waring shots.
#3 It was not a house and it was murder. He shot the kid once in the head , then later 5 more times in the gut/chest.
#4 Is hear/say not news and no one was shot.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

If you have to time to go and unlock your gun and load it, you probably have time to get out a window/door and run.

You would be surprised how fast one can unlock a safe and load a gun.
I can't even comment on the "get out a window/door and run" part.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
like I said, playing devils advocate

just because it seems alien to you, doesn't mean it's not an option to other people

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Why are people so utterly pathetic without guns?

When did people learn to stop defending themselves? Why so reliant on firearms?

In the immortal words of one of my friends that passed away earlier this year.

"Kicking your ass is too much work. It’s easier to just shoot you."

On that note, an incident down in Kentucky that just happened earlier today.

www.lex18.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Nothing surprising, you get arrested and get grilled over your story interrogation style to make sure your story aligns with the evidence.

Don't know what the furor is about.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Ever consider the bad guy might have a gun or there might be several during a home invasion?

Or, they are old retired folks, or they don't have 3-4 years of training to really become sufficiently proficient so they don't just get hurt worse, or the bad guys also are proficient in martial arts too, or single mom with kids or????

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join