It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An example of how 'Dumbed Down' the public are by the MSM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Don't worry mate, your mum aint the only one... I could find about 20 million Australians who are as dumb as dog sh!t and wouldn't know anything about what is actually happening in the world today... Starting with my ex and her drama queen family and then my family also.

It really amazes me how stupid people really are. But as long as people have there US open tennis or big brother etc, they really couldn't care who the good and bad guys are.. They donated themselves to the system a long time ago and its sometimes even pointless debating with small minded idiots.

I love my family but the truth is, they can't even see what I'm trying to say most of the time... Anything against the likes of Israel or the US is a crime...
edit on 2-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

I didn't really intend to say my mother was dumb
She's far from that if truth be told and I love her dearly.

I used 'Dumbed down' with the '_' to avoid saying she is literally dumb.

I was 'dumbed down' about 5-6 years ago, my only source of news was what I saw on the TV, hence my reaction to seeing the footage may well have been the same- the fact that Syria and the evil Assad regime is on the MSM 24/7, and then you actually see some middle east video footage, if you are not paying attention, the Syria propaganda is on your mind, hence the mistake.

It was just the timing of her comment, the attempted justification in response to what I've been trying to tell her of the Syria situation, then the incredible irony as it wasn't even Syria footage.

I have an uncle who is perhaps one of the most intelligent people I know- he is fluent in many languages, great at maths and reasoning, yet he doesn't use the internet, his main source of news is the MSM, hence he is 'dumbed down' IMO when it comes to world affairs because the only news he knows is propaganda.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Sky News I believe.

Doubt American MSM would be allowed to show such footage.

UK media, although controlled, leaks a little bit more truth than the complete and utter garbage the likes of Fox, CNN, CBS feed to the masses

It showed kids of about 8-10 years of age being beaten by Israeli soldiers- one even got kicked when on the floor- that was the point when my mother called it 'disgusting'.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Out of curiosity - what news showed Israeli forces striking Palestinian children?
MSM is a bit general, i would appreciate if you'd be a bit more specific. Thank you.
edit on 2-9-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

lemme guess

your location - isreal
your job - evidence of human rights abuses "remover"

i hope no1 tells you what MSM source isnt playing by the rules

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by TsukiLunar

So would you care to answer my question as to when the OP called his mother dumb? Or would you care to just put up more BS deflections to my question?????

Did you read my post?

The OP created a thread about Americans being "dumb down".

He used his mother as an example of an American being "dumbed down".

You are right though, it was not a direct insult. You only realize its existence if you read the first sentences.

edit on 2-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

at no point in the OP did he say "americans" are being dumbed down
the OP is british since we only ones who worship x factor like his mother...
why must everything be americas problem -.-

the earth revolves around the sun
it does not revolve around america by any means

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
".................My mother, who is against violence of any kind,................."

Sound likes your Mother is a good person to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Apart from MSM controlling information and steering public opinion - There is the Education System

Here are links to "The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt,

This link allows you to download a free PDF of the boook
www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...

www.deliberatedumbingdown.com...
Quote from site:-

"A WHISTLEBLOWER'S ACCOUNT

Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, former Senior Policy Advisor in the U.S. Department of Education, blew the whistle in the `80s on government activities withheld from the public. Her inside knowledge will help you protect your children from controversial methods and programs. In this book you will discover:

-how good teachers across America have been forced to use controversial, non-academic me

-how "school choice" is being used to further dangerous reform goals, and how home schooling and private education are especially vulnerable.

-how workforce training (school-to-work) is an essential part of an overall plan for a global economy, and how this plan will shortcircuit your child's future career plans and opportunities.

-how the international, national, regional, state and local agendas for education reform are all interconnected and have been for decades "

This link is to a youtube video of Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, speaking - A Must See
Sorry can not embed
www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-9-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
it starts much earlier. the indoctrination/failure begins in pre-k

have you ever watched the leno bit where he asks people querstions aboout history and stuff ?

chilling

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
".................My mother, who is against violence of any kind,................."

She certainly is.

But with that, comes an 'ignorance' if you will, simply because her only source of info has always been what the MSM tells her.

It makes it very difficult to accept a different reality where the UK isn't always the good guy or that the MSM is using propaganda etc.

The Great Deception- to justify to the otherwise good natured masses that war is needed for their security, or to help others etc. Most people, brought up in this system won't accept the truth when presented with facts that question what they've been brought up to believe.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by artistpoet

She certainly is.

But with that, comes an 'ignorance' if you will, simply because her only source of info has always been what the MSM tells her.

It makes it very difficult to accept a different reality where the UK isn't always the good guy or that the MSM is using propaganda etc.

The Great Deception- to justify to the otherwise good natured masses that war is needed for their security, or to help others etc. Most people, brought up in this system won't accept the truth when presented with facts that question what they've been brought up to believe.

I do know what you are getting at and I agree

It is a shame that good people are so manipulated.
It angers me against those who manipulate and also makes me a defender of those less fortunate than I

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In that context wouldnt it be media manipulation if the mass media omitted the pictures of Israeli soldiers taking action against children?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm going to suggest something that you may get angry with but here goes. From my experience, mothers are very smart, I doubt that is the first time she has seen police brutality. Also I can almost assure you one hundred percent that if you were sitting alone with her watching that, then she was trying to get you to feel passionately about something. Also, to a degree, it worked considering you were worked up enough about it to make a post here! Think about it.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Corporate Providence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corporate Providence

I'm going to suggest something that you may get angry with but here goes. From my experience, mothers are very smart, I doubt that is the first time she has seen police brutality. Also I can almost assure you one hundred percent that if you were sitting alone with her watching that, then she was trying to get you to feel passionately about something. Also, to a degree, it worked considering you were worked up enough about it to make a post here! Think about it.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Corporate Providence because: (no reason given)

I'm not really sure I understand what you are saying.

She was disgusted at seeing police attacking children, most people would have the same reaction.

I posted here because of the irony in the fact she later admitted that was the first time she had seen ACTUAL VIDEO EVIDENCE of police brutality in the news (in the middle east region). Syria has been on the news for months and that was the first time she actually saw video evidence of police brutality- and it was Israeli soldiers!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join