It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Man is out of this world!Aliens land here, land now,

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So this is where the aliens will land in 2012

stay tune it might be the biggest show on earth !
edit on 9/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I remember the first and second burning man . Volunteering for the red rock rangers. How things have changed since then.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I remember the first and second burning man . Volunteering for the red rock rangers. How things have changed since then.

How have they changed, sounds interesting.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Days from now, Black Rock Desert will be as desolate as it was before – one of the core beliefs of the week-long festival is leaving no trace.

That is also BLM's core belief too...
Clean up usually takes 3-4 weeks.

I've been to two of them. The second one i spent the entire week naked and body painted
I staggered into a lesbian camp accidentally, they kicked me out real quick!

It's an awesome experience! I say everyone should try it once.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have always wanted to go to burning man, I will before I am 30, but I don't like that they charge obscene ticket prices now. Hell, maybe we should start a new free one.

The last pic.. reminds me of how they layout burning man city each year.
edit on 1-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Its like whats the deal man? I got a ticket but my old lady didn't (1 per customer).
I wrote them off

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They way the camp is laid out looks like a coded message to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Damn. Missed it again.

Still want to go one of these days.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I had the misfortune of living in Reno every time Burning Man would start up for the year. It's a giant collection of hippy d-bags who hang out in the playa for over a week without bathing, doing massive amounts of any drugs they can bring, and trashing Reno on their way to and from Burning Man.

If aliens ever landed there I would hope they'd wipe it out like Cartman did when he had Cthulu destroy the festival on South Park.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Ha! That's a first.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cantsee4looking

I can't find the "flipping the bird" emoticon.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
looks like the sumerged island continent ATLANTIS--ATLANTIDA....

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
While all those people are out in the middle of the desert, the visitors are busy having small social lectures in a marquee set up in field.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What does the last picture remind you of?

This:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

No matter how random a symbol may be, in reality you have no Idea what it may mean to someone else. Advertising it so that it can be seen from space...

For all we know that symbol it might be giving someone the finger...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, I had never heard of this festival. Here's a cool picture of the temple of Juno at night:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You sure are a bit angry. Burning Man is an awesome experience(attended my first last year). While there are a lot of "hippies" out there, not everyone is out to consume loads of drugs, or miss out on showers. Myself and camp last year fell into this...water is the chemical of choice. With many bacon breaks tied in throughout the week.

Im sorry that some Burner pissed in your coffee on their way through Reno. They apparently jaded your closed mind a bit more on their journey.

The event itself has loads of incredible art work that cannot be seen anywhere else, it truly is a sight to see. I personally plan to make it out there again should they continue having the event.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftKoast

I have personally attended Burning Man TWICE as an RV mechanic. While the art there is, in fact, breath taking, the people are not. It was one of the most disgusting places I've ever been.

The Black Rock desert is completely destroyed for at least 6 weeks out of the year with trash, hazardous human waste as well as chemical contamination. It takes the BLM at LEAST that long to clean the site up after each Burn.

The people who roll through Reno bring their drugs, criminal activity, and filth to downtown. This is something Reno residents experience EVERY year. It's not just one guy, it's thousands.
edit on 2-9-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
They way the camp is laid out looks like a coded message to me.

I agree that too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join