It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Heres a video showing what looks like a helmet or part of machinery.

There is something poking out of the bottom, it looks like a strap or wire

Looking through the latest images i stumbled upon this gem. Its quite clearly not a rock. What rocks have perfect circular holes with wires poking out of them? To me it looks like it was attached to something. The area around the circular hole is concave like something fitted into it. The wire casts a shadow beyond the shadow of the main part of the object. I have no idea what it is to be honest, all i know is that this is not a natural part of the martian landscape.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So the rumors of subterranean life on mars is true! And their cable got disconnected...Damn martians cant pay their bills on time.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Yes it looks like a tank that can be accessed from the surface to add fuel or something the wire reappears closer toward us on the screen.

Would be nice if someone could create a blown up still, but it does show well on U tube at full screen!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodaciouschief
So the rumors of subterranean life on mars is true! And their cable got disconnected...Damn martians cant pay their bills on time.

I am 100 percent sure they are there!

they are going to have to do a lot of fast paste over and patches so many people are looking at Mars.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
From the video:

"Zooming into the image with Normal software makes it blurry... so the next image is zoomed using Special software"

If you need special software to zoom in, it's not a zoom.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think you are mistaken.
There are softwares made purely for zooming in. Its something to do with the pixel size and density i think.

It zooms in without losing quality, it does nothing other than that.

Heres the still image as requested

edit on 31-8-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Thank you!!

You know both the wires and the tank could be old junk just like we see in our deserts.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

But this is a lifeless planet right lol

This is without question not a natural part of the landscape. Its part of something, but its not ours.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There is some weird formation (natural or not who knows) but there are NO wires.... non whatsoever,
Oh and I love the "using special software" ... come on, you know you're using Photoshop....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
There is some weird formation (natural or not who knows) but there are NO wires.... non whatsoever,
Oh and I love the "using special software" ... come on, you know you're using Photoshop....

Did you look at the u-tube video full screen? the wires are very apparent.
I certainly don't see how this object could be "natural".

I am satrting to think people are just SCARED that there may be something to show that intelligent life is on Mars.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Can you add any geo-location information you have about the image so it stays in the thread. Also a reference to distance or general content of the image as to give a sense of scale would be interesting if available.

I notice that the soil around it seems to be different in consistency forming a bit of a depression and on the bottom in the center there seems to be an elliptical form that is half berried. As is it could be all rocks but the set peace makes it interesting than the antenna, if you search the image after the zooming you will notice similar artifacts in the image that conform to the antenna color and shape, just not set on top a interestingly shaped "rock"/object.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
and yet again, all I see is a rock.

maybe i need new glasses.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Is that the only software you know of?? Its the most popular for editing images, but its no good for zooming in images that are poor quality to begin.

Spline is needed, like in PhotoZoom.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The "hole" is a shadow.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm curious to know what this "special software" is. Why not just mention it?

I'd love to see a software that would zoom into a fraction of a digital photograph and not lose any quality. Would be a nice addition to my photo editing software for sure.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron

I'd love to see a software that would zoom into a fraction of a digital photograph and not lose any quality. Would be a nice addition to my photo editing software for sure.

It's called "Imagination".

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A simple google search would yield you what you desire...

www.computingunleashed.com...#

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Thanks for the link! Guess I've always just used the longer lenses, and not worried about having to re-size something so small in my viewfinder.

Which one did the OP use though? I'd like to download that software and try it for myself on the hi-res images available.
edit on 31-8-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Which one did the OP use though?

That, I don't know. It doesn't seem like there are many out there, though I suppose anyone can code anything with the knowledge and know-how.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
640px × 400px is the size of the png zoom or should that be crop - sourced from facebook !!!!!!!!!!

Or should that be i48.tinypic.com...

Edit: Right click on image and see image info
edit on 31-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join