It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Another Marine Gone Off The Deep End. Another Small Reason For Govt. to Back Gun Control??

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is happening way too much recently. I really don't know how to sum it up other than that.

Im just adding that i believe all of these shootings to be way too consistent with the Aurora shooting. What motive did this man have that sparked him to shoot 2 people in a Pathmark early this morning?? The two victims were fellow employees and were working the overnight shift with Terence Tyler at the time.

here's the article from our local Huffington Post newspaper:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I do believe that the war as of right now is sending some of these people home pretty messed up in the head. As is expected due to a war of this manner. My heart goes out to the victims families and friends as well as the misguided Marine.

I recently heard of an English professor at the college i attend whom was dating a seasoned veteran. A few people who had taken her class, had told me that they cannot go to restaurants in which they do not have booths. The man was too scared to eat in a seat, and at home eats in the corner of the dining room table against the wall because during his tour he was scared of enemy RPG fire.




Tyler had been employed at the store as a clerk for about two weeks, Niccollai told The Huffington Post. After finishing his shift at around 4 a.m. on Friday, Tyler left the store and soon returned dressed in a military-style camouflage uniform and armed with an "assault-type rifle" and a pistol


All i know is this shooting in Oldbrigde NJ is far too close for comfort as i live in the next town over.

MODS i know this was spoken of earlier, but there was no link to the article or anything such, so i figured id a bit more info.


Thanks for reading and prayers go out to the family,
Mike




posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91
 

I'll say we're hearing and seeing more of these and I know some of these guys are coming back now after being in and out of combat for the better part of a whole decade. Look what 12 month tours did to so many out of Vietnam. 12 months. We have guys here who may, for all we know, be looking at coming up on 12 YEARS. I don't know how many may be in from the start but a couple years ago I was still reading articles about 'old timers' who had been in from 9/11 or shortly there after.

How much is too much? When can we stop throwing away not just one generation, but for the love of all that's right in the world. we're starting to burn through a SECOND...on the same war! People who were 7, 8 and 9 years old when the Twin Towers fell are going over. This is just obscene.

...Sadly, I starting to lose the shock value in hearing these stories. Perhaps that is the greatest tragedy of all. What we're getting used to and coming to accept.


Next time any U.S. leader even coughs the word War, there better be something as clear as the old Japanese Imperial Navy having just bombed the bejesus out of Pearl Harbor. No wars if it's MEN we're after and not a WHOLE NATION coming at us. We're starting to get what we've been sending..and it really is as bad as many feared it might be.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


Its the saddest thing to hear when a child is fatherless due to another senseless death overseas.

Probably the saddest thing that this world knows

Thanks for the reply and the respect Wrab,
Mike



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'd say that we need more Soldier Control before gun control. The Govt. taught these guys to kill in the first place.

More DE-programming, help on the return home, but if the Govt. REALLY wants to calm these guys down...BRING THEM HOME...or better yet, stop sending them over altogether.

Peace



edit on 31-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91
 


From this story, & without all the details, I'd day this guy was crazy who just happened to be a Marine. And even then, he was only a Marine for 3 years & never deployed overseas. There are 2 types of Marines, those that see combat and then there's the rest of them. Not every Marine uses a weapon. I'm curious what this guy did for 3 years, maybe he was a cook. Either way he doesn't suffer from PTSD.


A Marine Corps spokesman said Tyler spent three years in the Marines and left the service in 2010. He did not deploy overseas, and the spokesman would not say whether Tyler was discharged honorably or not. Tyler's "home of record" is Brooklyn.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How about we just stop sending them to war?

That would work too, is way cheaper, and preserves freedom.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills
 


See i also read that part, but something honestly didn't add up with that....May have been just an error with the post??

Unlikely, yet newspapers and other main stream sources tend to exaggerate.

On the news today, they were saying that he had a few FB posts that said something to the effect of "Now i see why people go on killing sprees"....

Now why woul someone premeditating a killing spree post that on the internet where anyone could see and call the police to settle it and make sure he DIDN'T GO ON A KILLING SPREE???

May just be me, but a few things really don't add up in this story. I hope to God that we don't soon find out that there was a handler following him around.

Anyway, he could've possibly been volutarily experimented on as a new Monarch project....


lol Just thinking of conspiracies to feed my mind for now
Mike

edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: typo



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
How about we just stop sending them to war?

That would work too, is way cheaper, and preserves freedom.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)


A very bold statement sir.

Better hope there are no MIB lurkers watching this post



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I'd say that we need more Soldier Control before gun control. The Govt. taught these guys to kill in the first place.

More DE-programming, help on the return home, but if the Govt. REALLY wants to calm these guys down...BRING THEM HOME...or better yet, stop sending them over altogether.

Peace



edit on 31-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)


I also very much agree with the soldier control part.

If these people are trained to be killing machines, shouldn't there be a regimine for training to live again amongst civilians in our society again?? Regardless of whether this man had gone on a tour recently, the fact still remains that he had the training.

I think there should be some sort of training on how to act upon returning home after a tour
Mike



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91
 


Oh, I'm sure there are but I won't be scared into silence.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsyMike91

Originally posted by jude11
I'd say that we need more Soldier Control before gun control. The Govt. taught these guys to kill in the first place.

More DE-programming, help on the return home, but if the Govt. REALLY wants to calm these guys down...BRING THEM HOME...or better yet, stop sending them over altogether.

Peace



edit on 31-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)


I also very much agree with the soldier control part.

If these people are trained to be killing machines, shouldn't there be a regimine for training to live again amongst civilians in our society again?? Regardless of whether this man had gone on a tour recently, the fact still remains that he had the training.

I think there should be some sort of training on how to act upon returning home after a tour
Mike


As a Marine who now lives amongst the civilian populous I fully agree with you guys. Military life these days has a lot of security in it. You are always paid on time and for the most part military life is an easy one in many reguards. Then we come home to something completely different and many have troubles just trying to readjust. They certainly do not prepare you for the world you are coming back into. They give you a seps class that makes you think you will be head hunted for a civilian career and make it sound like your service will get you hired anywhere. We are seeing an increase in violence nationwide and the same goes for the military unfortunately. With things becoming increasingly tense we are going to see more incidents of violence both with military personel and civilians. I will say that military guy/gals would be more apt to take action then that of their civilian counterpart due to the fact that violence is second nature to us.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
...from my cold, dead, hands...

C. Heston



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
How about we just stop sending them to war?

That would work too, is way cheaper, and preserves freedom.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)


This Marine didnt go to war so.....



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"Soldier going off the deep end" is a headline that has been in the making a while. As of last year, we have been told time and again in the media and other sources that we, as a country, need to be prepared for the realization that the greatest terror threat isn't from abroad, but from those here at home. They keep repeating the phrase "lone wolf attacker" and that is exactly what has followed most of these stories. The disgruntled lone wolf. The anti-government lone wolf attacker. Add to that the penchant for the arrests of ex-military men lately and for no reason other than questioning their sanity and declarations of danger (according to the press) and you see the trend that's about to play out, that has throughout the summer. The question is, why? Personally, I believe it's gun control, part of a larger agenda that's about to play out.

Most of these stories lately, too, focus on individuals buying guns through legal channels. That keeps getting stressed, which is the interesting part.

Just my two cents.



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91
 


What doesn't add up? Another crazy takes the lives of innocents and then himself. Are you upset he doesn't suffer from PTSD from combat?



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Another Marine Gone Off The Deep End.

No ... just another nutter 'going off the deep end.

Another Small Reason For Govt. to Back Gun Control??

WHY!?




Stupid people do stupid things. That he just so happened to have served [Marines] is rather irrelevant. Stupid people do stupid things.

Ticking time bombs are all around us in day-to-day life and don't necessarily have to have been deployed and,or served in active combat zones.

Sometimes they're just .... stupid, crazy ... and 'ticking' ... 'til they go off.

Me?
How the hell would any sort or degree of 'gun control' have possibly prevented or lessened the likelihood of this type shyte happening in the first place? Seriously!


Would the sensational reaction and 'headline' be any different if they'd have come back in with a machete, baseball bat or tire iron... ?

Probably so ... despite and no matter the fact that people seeking to harm,kill others will always find a way to do their deed.

Hooray for yet another, "It's the guns ... do away with them and we'll all be,feel safe" sensationalist headline, attention grab.


I'm by No means a 'gun enthusiast', but this type over the top anti-gun sensationalist crap is getting ridiculous.

Stupid/Crazy People Do Stupid/Crazy Things ... what more need be said (?)



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by IndieA
How about we just stop sending them to war?

That would work too, is way cheaper, and preserves freedom.
edit on 31-8-2012 by IndieA because: (no reason given)


This Marine didnt go to war so.....


No, no he did not go to war.

But the fact of the matter is, that he was still trained to killthough, Swills.

He really doesn't have to go to war to be emotionally damaged, but i do think that making a tour does do more damage, which is completely obvious.

Mike



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111
"Soldier going off the deep end" is a headline that has been in the making a while. As of last year, we have been told time and again in the media and other sources that we, as a country, need to be prepared for the realization that the greatest terror threat isn't from abroad, but from those here at home. They keep repeating the phrase "lone wolf attacker" and that is exactly what has followed most of these stories. The disgruntled lone wolf. The anti-government lone wolf attacker. Add to that the penchant for the arrests of ex-military men lately and for no reason other than questioning their sanity and declarations of danger (according to the press) and you see the trend that's about to play out, that has throughout the summer. The question is, why? Personally, I believe it's gun control, part of a larger agenda that's about to play out.

Most of these stories lately, too, focus on individuals buying guns through legal channels. That keeps getting stressed, which is the interesting part.

Just my two cents.



This had also crossed my mind as is was reading into the the article, there has to be a gun control agenda here of some sort or another.

I believe that some of these shooters, may be promised money and protection if they go through with the plans. Im not so sure that Project Monarch has very much to do with it at this point in time.

I also believe that most of these "random shooting sprees" will subside after the election, as they are obviously taking the eyes off of the running candidates....

They make you watch the left hand.....while the right hand is picking your wallet from your pocket,
Mike



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by PsyMike91
 


What doesn't add up? Another crazy takes the lives of innocents and then himself. Are you upset he doesn't suffer from PTSD from combat?


No dude, did you not just read the post or are you really ignorant enough to address what you'd like to and take my words out of context?

It doesn't add up because i "BELIEVE" that there is more to the story here.

I "BELIEVE" means it is an opinion due to my aspect of the situation.

AND WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD I BE UPSET THAT HE DIDN'T SUFFER FROM PTSD???!!
Do you even realize how horrible this is??

Imagine yourself coming home from combat, and having seen so many horrific things, such as friends being blown away by enemy rpg fire and your whole unit being so confused on what they their next move should be, because they are surrounded and cannot move, for they are pinned down due to enemy fire?? Or maybe breaching a door, only to realize that it was lined to trigger a hidden explosive and you watch your close allies die, right in front of you??

I WOULD NOT WISH THAT ON EVEN MY WORST OF ENEMIES!

You obviously do not think before you speak.

Try doing that before posting something stupid in response to my thread you chud,
Mike
edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: typo



posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Another Marine Gone Off The Deep End.

No ... just another nutter 'going off the deep end.

Another Small Reason For Govt. to Back Gun Control??

WHY!?




Stupid people do stupid things. That he just so happened to have served [Marines] is rather irrelevant. Stupid people do stupid things.

Ticking time bombs are all around us in day-to-day life and don't necessarily have to have been deployed and,or served in active combat zones.

Sometimes they're just .... stupid, crazy ... and 'ticking' ... 'til they go off.

Me?
How the hell would any sort or degree of 'gun control' have possibly prevented or lessened the likelihood of this type shyte happening in the first place? Seriously!


Would the sensational reaction and 'headline' be any different if they'd have come back in with a machete, baseball bat or tire iron... ?

Probably so ... despite and no matter the fact that people seeking to harm,kill others will always find a way to do their deed.

Hooray for yet another, "It's the guns ... do away with them and we'll all be,feel safe" sensationalist headline, attention grab.


I'm by No means a 'gun enthusiast', but this type over the top anti-gun sensationalist crap is getting ridiculous.

Stupid/Crazy People Do Stupid/Crazy Things ... what more need be said (?)



......I was just stating the relevance to the ensuing problem here in the States during this time...

...Thanks for the concern though, i guess..

I think the message was miscontrued somewhere here,
Mike


added: maybe you didn't get the part where i wasn't supporting gun control? Sorry you felt the need to jump the gun here, but by no means was i supporting this ideal. I was writing this to simply show how people quickly jump to that conclusion about what had happened.

In any manner, this will be another one for the tally for the people that are trying to pass these types of bills, whether you get angry with me or not, i really have nothing to do with it.

I once again do not support and am fully against gun control....

edit on 31-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: added




top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join