It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75 Year Old Grandmother Held Down At Gunpoint As Police Shoot & Kill Her Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A pot raid was the whole reason for this embarrassment. The law responds with a chuckle and a biasedm comment about free press. The phone interview clearly shows a lack of care to those that make it possible for them to collect a paycheck or an understanding about the meaning of "To Serve and Protect."
***On August 15, 2012 Wayne County Sheriff's deputies, along with Macedon, NY Police broke into 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto's Plank Road home in the town of Walworth, NY, forced her at gunpoint to lay on her bathroom floor, screamed at her to close her eyes and stay down, then executed her dog "Duke."***
www.informationliberation.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here is a blog article about the same story (the author called the police Chief), it mentions:

Chief Colella said that a search warrant was executed by the Wayne County Narcotics Enforcement Team (WayneNET) on the residence. He also said that he is the Task Force Commander.

Chief Colella told me that his task force seized several marijuana plants from the location, which he said belonged to Phyllis Loquasto's grandson.

He explained that the WayneNET team consists of the Wayne County, NY Sheriff's office, Macedon, NY Police, Clyde, NY Police, Lyons, NY Police, Newark, NY, Palmyra, NY Police, Sodus Point, NY Police, Wolcott, NY Police and the Wayne County, NY District Attorney's office.

Chief Colella confirmed that the only person inside the location was 75 year old Phyllis Loquasto.

Interesting story, thanks for posting it, GoldenRuled.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

You're lucky here narcotic units are out of control no doubt the grandmother would have also been shot if she fought for the dog.
edit on 8/29/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What is it with cops and dogs? Are there any "real" men on the police force anymore? They taser women, children, elderly and infirm. They shoot and kill dogs just for them barking and possibly protecting their owner...why not tase the dog?...ever seen a shock collar? Tase the dog and he will not bother you!

They all buncha sissies...not a single man among them anymore.

If you have to shoot dogs and taser the weak...you are a psychopathic tyrant with a god complex and you need to be dealt the same force you dish out....just saying...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
In the uk the police deal with dogs by firing a fire extinguisher in the dogs face. The dogs back off, no harm done.
No need to shoot them.

Seems to me its the cops that should be on a leash.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm trying to find out what kind of dog it was. Obviously a lapdog would have been blown to pieces with a shotgun. The blood all over the house shows a poorly trained marksman.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
has been standard practice to shoot the family dog(s) while serving warrants. happens every day I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

not long ago a bull escaped where i live the police shot it over 40 times with a shotgun a member of the farming community had to turn up with a rifle to finish the job?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Intelligenceand Law Enforcement rerelycome both in the same package these days....
Who trains these creeps to be such bullies?
this is NOT police work, its blatant vietcong terror tactics......

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm going to quote this from a similar thread rather than paraphrase it (cause I think he sums it up well).

Originally posted by Hefficide
I've commented on several occasions, previously - regarding this topic. But it's the kind of thing that bears mentioning from time to time...

When I was a kid cops were mostly fat guys who patrolled the neighborhood. They knew everyones names. They were a part of their community. Each cop got a beat and that is the cop you almost always saw in your area. Just a mostly regular guy, in a blue uniform and funny hat, who happened to carry a revolver on his hip.

Fast forward to now...

Cops wear tactical gear. They wear BDU's and web gear. The revolver is gone - replaced by a high caliber Glock. They are younger, meaner, leaner, and most look like they wouldn't pass a steroid test if their life depended upon it. They are, for the most part, combat veterans now. Young guys who did a tour or three in the middle east and came back. They don't patrol the neighborhoods like they used to. They don't talk to the folks in the area. They don't wave when you pass them. They are hard and angry men and women now.

This is the problem. The US police stopped being cops and became militarized. They are soldiers and they see this as a war zone. This war is called the "war on drugs" but it's just a non-sequitur. War is war.

And we are the enemy.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Taze an angry dog it will shred your azz.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It would seem the War on Drugs is going well. I can't wait to see how the War on Terror turns out

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Why exactly, do they have to go in crazy swat style on every single warrant? They knew what they would be there looking for; they stake out houses to prepare, they find out who the owner is to prepare the warrant...so they knew it was occupied by an old lady. Detectives couldn't have just knocked and served the warrant? She probably didn't even know what the plants were...would your grand or great grand parents know what a cannabis plant even look like? Mine wouldn't...they'd be saying to their friends "Oh, my grandson grows such pretty plants." their friend: "They're a natural air filter ya know..." When it comes to SWAT I guess only their gear has TACT.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

"They shot him with a shotgun in such a manner that he ran around in pain and bled all over the house and suffered a slow, cruel death. There was no reason for this kind of treatment, they killed my dog for no reason. This was the sweetest and most gentle animal anyone could want, I would trust him with a baby."

And what the chief said:

""We needed to secure the location and since there was a dangerous animal, we were holding her down for her own safety."

They held her down at gunpoint to keep her safe from her own dog.

Of course. Makes sense. Nothing to see here.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is disgusting.
2nd line~~this is totally disgusting !!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I have seen this happen before as well. My uncle raises Bison (buffalo) and any big animal like this has to be shot correctly...a normal shotgun round will just piss them off. You have to hit them with a slug in the right spot. Any hunter knows this as well..just hitting a deer at 200 yards isn't gonna bring it down...you have to hit it in the right place. Police are some of the worst marksman I know...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
People, like me will always say "if that was me i'd do this, do that"

But in all seriousness, if they had shot my dog like that and i heard it yelp and run around. I would give my all, take that gun and blow a hole in that officer, I would show no remorse other than losing my best friend. I would happily die trying to do it.

Sorry rant over

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A 75 year old grandmother yeah? Seriously, those cops are either just weak pricks or they just like seeing old women in fear... Do that to my 80 yr old grandmother and I will hunt you down like a pig.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthuluPrime
It would seem the War on Drugs is going well. I can't wait to see how the War on Terror turns out

Is this what the war on drugs is
Holding elderly women at gun point and shooting her pet? Thats worse than holding up a convience store.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join