It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 MILLION accounts leaked in megahack on banks, websites

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
We do business with a company on there.
Thanks for the heads up.

And it's funny that it's an SQL injection attack. The web designers should know better.
especially if the site is php based and a simple mysqli_real_escape_string on input could stop that sort of thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss
I don't give a rat's ass how they justify this crap. Contrary to popular belief it seems, but fully agreeable with common frickin' sense, the end does NOT justify the means! Whatever supposed 'cause' these retards are for, whatever they are protesting, does NOT justify hacking into and putting people's account information out in the open like this.

These people are criminals, and they should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and then thrown in Gitmo to rot.

The Banks clients are paying for the security that the Banks/Government agencies are obviously not providing.

The hacktivists are not the ones making money from this deception.

I think you should be clear as to who is stealing what from whom.

I agree, however, that the public release of private data is not an appropriate action and opens the hactivists to prosecution.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

lol..so I guess you've never broken a law before? Maybe there was a time you had to piss bad and decided to go behind a tree, you know that's illegal right? or maybe you ran a red light because no one was around and you were in a hurrry? hmm illegal again, so yeah unless you are 100% guilty free of not breaking even the tiniest little law, dont judge someone else for breaking what they consider stupid laws.

I don't have a driver's license, so, no, I haven't been running any red lights lately, and I'm not some teenage rabble who piss on people's property, so, no. Laws are there for a reason, contrary to popular belief it seems.

Also good or bad? I KNOW some of the effing people involved in this raid, some of which support families and have very good reasons to do the attacks, do you even know why the bloody attacks were done?! Here go ahead I'll wait for you to post what the media wants you to BELIEVE......

So, you know them? Ever heard of the term "biased"? Furthermore, supporting a family does not give you carte blanche to commit crimes, making this part of your post completely pointless in relation to the subject we're discussing.

And when did I ever say I wanted to be a revolutionary hero? Also it's grandiose delusions not dillusions of grandeur...

So, you're a grammar nazi too now?

Delusions of Grandeur

Grandiose delusions (GD) or delusions of grandeur is principally a subtype of delusional disorder that...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ah leave it to a mod to have the most common sense in the thread
You are completely right my friend, and I don't disagree with you one bit, but it needs to be known that hack attacks will almost never cause harm to others when account info is released, because as soon as people realize that the website they were a part of has been hacked everyone changes their passwords (well the smart ones anyways) and that's just common sense, plus the hackers them-self WILL NOT use any of the account info. This attack was not meant to cause harm to normal people, it was meant to cause harm to the owners of the sites, the ones guilty of what the groups believe is wrong.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'm fully aware of the evil of banks, my friend, just for the record.
But, as you say, what these criminals have done is not an appropriate response to the perceived crimes of banking institutions.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gauss

So, you're a grammar nazi too now?

nope but if you're gonna make personal attacks be sure to spell the word correctly....

and you know damn well you have broken laws, even if they were tiny, so stop beating around the bush.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

HOLY HELL someone who understands??????

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

hmm yes, but if the SQL injection was not usable there are a ton of other methods that could of been used, another point I want to make is the fact that most hackers want it to be known that no one is safe on the Internet, and that we should always be on are toes when it comes to information.

link   
Anyone track down a list of sites that they hacked?

Scratch, Found the pastebin link...
edit on 8/28/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SolarIce

I suggest you stop trying to smear somebody you don't know or have ever met simply because you can't hold your own in the discussion.
Unless you have proof of my supposed criminal activities, you should probably shut up.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is "1 MILLION accounts leaked in megahack on banks, websites"

Can we please keep our comments on topic and stop the interpersonal bickering?

Thanks.

Hefficide
ATS Moderator

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gauss

I'm fully aware of the evil of banks, my friend, just for the record.
But, as you say, what these criminals have done is not an appropriate response to the perceived crimes of banking institutions.

I also believe that having a prison outside of national borders, specifically so that it is not covered by national laws, is morally wrong and considered illegal in the international community (and by many within your national borders).

The US government does not have the moral mandate behind its law until it divests itself of abusing human rights worldwide. A first step is to close Gitmo and process its captives according to established law, requiring full rules of evidence and a jury of peers, not some trumped up, closed military tribunal.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But as we all know, friend; Two wrongs don't make a right.

I'm with you, though. For the record, I'm from Sweden - and the kidnaping of two Egyptian immigrants from Sweden by Pentagon or the CIA in 2002, is still very much fresh in my memory, even though I might use Gitmo as an intimidating example of punishment when I am angry at people like these hackers. (In other words, I wasn't serious when I said ship them off to Gitmo.
)

But that's not the issue here, so let's not get derailed. Just wanted to point out I'm with you on this as well.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Gauss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

Unfortunately.. the problem is not everyone will realize it right away and there is where my problem with any of this is, it's just as bad as someone pretending to be a person of authority and getting medical records or other private info, it's a violation of all of those peoples rights to privacy, which is, if i remember correctly, constitutionally protected, and goes back to my old statement.

Your rights end when you infringe upon another person's rights.

That's what's happened, here, these hackers have infringed upon all the clients of these place's rights and laugh about it, and then have people like you that think it's quite ok , because it's a bank, or people are stupid anyhow..

Doesn't work quite that way unfortunately, and I hope for one, they are caught and prosecuted for what the real crime is, rights violations, at the very least Color of the Law violations..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't think that the hacking of bank systems is really a necessity for groups that oppose their activities, personally I think the financial system will implode one way or another, attacked or not. Economies always fall flat on their face, simply a matter of time. For me... I don't have a bank account

As for the wealthiest among us, they're simply too greedy. That extreme greed weighs too heavily on economies which ends up making them their own worst enemies in my opinion, that and the fact that they hate each other as much as they hate everyone else. They're simply not sane enough to have that much power and so they'll end up destroying themselves with it, simple as that. I think that a similar issue contributed to the fall of Rome. The aristocracy was simply too greedy and they were all so jealous of each other, they all wanted to be top dog, but only one could. Their economy ran flat because all the money ended up in one place, the economy was starved. Many of the middle and lower class people ended up welcoming barbarian invaders as liberators. The aristocracy could do nothing, their own armies hated them so who would protect them?
edit on 28-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

Edit: The other day there was that article about former and current soldiers plotting to overthrow the government, uh oh starting to see some parallels here? What kind of fool pisses off their own body guards?
edit on 28-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Are you encouraging ATS members to access private citizens stolen personal information?

Not really private anymore now its on the web.. I think a great service is being done. It is evident the banks are not that clever at keeping our information secure. Adleast these lads published the info instead of using for bad ends...

Gona go check it now make sure I am not on that list....
edit on 28-8-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Uh oh, I got a call from my bank today but I was at work and couldn't answer it and when i called back they were closed...Hopefully that call wasn't for this... o.O

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Why can't these hackers do some good with their skills rather than making things a pain in the butt for everyday folks who are just scraping by? Would be more useful if they hacked the accounts of the drug cartels or money launderers or fraudsters of big companies who are shafting all the little guys and put a stop on the account so it can not be used any more, thus freezing the money held therein.

If you have the hacktivist skills, at least be a hero of the ordinary people, a Robin Hood if you will, and do some good and if you only target illegal accounts as mentioned above, maybe it wont get reported, and if it does the holder of the illegal account might get caught and go to jail (well, in an ideal world anyway).

totally kills me to see skilled people wasting their talents. Of course that is assuming that these particular hacktivists are legit and not some government body pretending to be hacktivists in order to shore up internet clampdowns and discredit good hacktivists.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Perhaps someone can explain to me why the name of the self-proclaimed leader of Team Ghost is a registered trademark?

It pertains to the content of the post, not the hacker. Check other pages from site.

oops!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join