It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

So what, whats the big deal? Is this upsetting YOU? pff come on.. People like you bash islam an give it a bad name.

All you can do right now is deal with it an take your "anger" out on ATS. GG.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

This isn't going to be at the convention it's going to be at Marshall park the convention is at Bank of America stadium and Time Warner Cable Arena.
edit on 28-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Hot damn thats funny......and true....I'll be wearing my Tampax brand beanie hat while sitting on my Preperation H butt cusion as I watch the convention from the nose bleed section with my Hardee's brand sponsered binoculars....

Holy Jeebus, does this country have no shame?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I believe it is Obama's continued attempt to ease us into acceptance of Muslim's becoming a major mainstream religion and their prominent role in future politics. He is giving the radical Muslims credibility by showing off his support. My humble opinion is that he is a Muslim, Muslim religion allows for lying about ones faith to fool the infidel for the greater cause of world supremacy and conversion.

If Obama would have said he was anything but a christain do you think he would have been elected ?

This is all part of God's plan, we shall see it unfold before our eyes.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

1) It is in the Constitution which is superior to law.

2) The Democratic Party and the Republican Party are not 'the state'. They can do what they want at their conventions.

3) That said, while the Cardinal is welcome to give a blessing, the previous Pope withdrew the 'commission' of several priests in Latin America for getting too involved in what was seen as 'leftist' politics. This Cardinal is involving himself in 'rightist' politics (speaking at the DNC is to provide a cover), going far beyond just giving a blessing, and the Pope doesn't seem to object to that. Official Roman Catholic policy is that priests don't involve them selves in politics.

4) Congress has religious blessing before every sitting every day. They rotate religions to keep it balanced. If you want to enforce the Constitutional separation of Church and State, that would be a better place to start.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by guohua
I don't know, Does anyone here have any problem with what their doing.

I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

I'm confused.

Obviously you thought wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

The pope is still trying to fill his coffers, who is going to do that better, Latin American priests or American career politicians?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I asked if the DNC Executive Committee being a point of contact constitutes the DNC sanctioning this prayer event in a previous post in this thread:

ATS Post

Here's the link from that post:

Link

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
reply to post by guohua

So what, whats the big deal? Is this upsetting YOU? pff come on.. People like you bash islam an give it a bad name.

It would seem,,, you just posted with out reading,,,, especially any of my posts,,, I did not Bash Islam.
So take your Assumptions out in another thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
But, come -on,,,, Do you here at ATS think having Islamic Prayers held to open the DNC Convention is a good idea or it just doesn't matter.

I'm going to go with the latter. It does not matter.

Why is this any more offensive than having the Cardinal pray during it? It's all from the same western Abrahamic pantheon family. I was a bit disturbed when the RNC had people like Pat Robertson pray for them in the past. That guy believes that Katrina hit as a punishment because of the homosexuals. He also thinks feminism leads to witchcraft and lesbianism.

So... a Muslim showing up to provide some prayer isn't going to rock the religious zeolot balance we already have in politics any more than the RNC does.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No, sorry...the DNC having a contract with the host committee has nothing to do with this event.

According to you?? That's laughable. I sourced the final contract and the official website for the Charlotte Events. What are you sourcing to back up your claim? Your Grenada University Law Degree?? It's just your opinion

You realize that the Host committee had to approve this event? and the host committee is obligated to uphold all details of the contract right with the DNC right?

Funny how you keep addressing the same issue (official event or not) without ever discussing the radical Grand Imam who is leading this event and the radical element that is known to back him. Funny how that works? Funny how those details have been consistently ignored by you and your helpers in this thread. Classic!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zatox
reply to post by guohua

You don't have to go very far to see islam's true nature,they give themselves a bad reputation and name.
I will never bow to islamic authority,rules or their laws.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

You don't have to go very far to see islam's true nature,they give themselves a bad reputation and name

I will never bow to islamic authority,rules or their laws.

And nor will my children if I can help it mama

If anyone's interested in the Koran, the Audio is here in any language with various translations tanzil.net... just select which verse & chapter, well worth bookmarking for reference

If anyones interested in the undue influence subject consider this book review www.faithfreedom.org...

Many would do well to realize that the Koran is not open to reform or modernisation, not even via translation, you just do what the Iman tells you to do or else.

I don't think the way forward for the Human Race is to submit to a 1400yr old ideology which advocates a Tribal Warlord as an Archetype.

I really don't know why some people just don't get it..(unless they're paid to or .....)

I'm sure many of us know some really nice devout Muslims, I know I do......., I have no issue with fellow humans, just some ideologies.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Nothing about it in the official schedule...

www.demconvention.com...

No activities officially associated with the DNC outside of those inside of Time Warner Arena and Bank of America Stadium. IF you think you can find something on the official site regarding this, please feel free to enlighten us with it. You can't. It isn't a part of the DNC.

I'm sure that won't stop further fearmongering.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You are correct in that this event is not happening in the convention proper. But why is the DNC Executive Committee listed as a point of contact here:

Link

Are they organizing this event? Sponsoring it? Sanctioning it? If they are not at all involved with this event, then why are they a point of contact?

Disclaimer: I could really care less if there is a prayer event happening. Fighting over religion is something I just don't get. Let whoever believe and live what and how they want and let me do the same when it comes to religious and spiritual ideology.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LevelHeaded

That, I can't answer. Another thing that leads me to believe they are not connected is the dates. This is scheduled for Friday and Saturday August 31 - September 1. The convention does not begin until September 4th.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

That's what I was getting at with this event not being part of the "convention proper". Could it be sponsored by the DNC as part of events leading up to the actual convention? Who knows.

The problem I have with this is if this is an event sponsored by the DNC, why can't they just come out and say so and promote their involvement? If it's not something the DNC has a hand in, why won't the DNC make a statement to that point? As it stands now, it looks like the DNC is involved in this event somehow and are trying to hide their involvement. If the DNC is trying to hide any involvement, then why?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Didnt you read above, its not at the convention its in the same area as the convention. I dont see that is has anything to do with the convention at all. Its a religious rally being held at the same time.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Oh here we go again. President Obama is not muslim ! He is Christian.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by guohua

You are free to show where this is an official DNC event.

Go find it on the DNC website...or show that the DNC is funding the event.

Or just continue with your smear campaign of Muslims.

Muslims and democrats too. He is an equal opportunity smearer.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

These conventions are parties. They are celebrations of the candidates. It is not a governmental function. They can do what ever they please in the way of celebration.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join