It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For you Guys that keep shouting "It's got nothing to do with (Official Registration @) the DNC!"

I think you ought to go & tell BIMA that it's nothing to do with the DNC. For these guys it's all about the DNC

Theres plenty of Vids, make your own mind up I guess

edit on 29/8/12 by UKMinarchist because: Trying to get the Vid to work

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Perception is 99.999999999999999% of politics.

Ask anyone about this and they'd automatically think that this is bought and paid for by the DNC.

Regardless of how this thing was set up.

Perhaps true, because the American population has the most ignorant voting population of any western nation.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Our country was founded on religious freedom not Christianity. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by guohua

My humble opinion is that he is a Muslim...

This is a big part of the problem with American voters. Too many of us can't distinguish between fact and opinion. You are not entitled to an opinion about this, because his faith is a matter of fact.

I read you mention you are Chinese. Your comment is the same as me saying, "It is my opinion that you are Japanese." Make sense to you? Probably not.
edit on 29-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Its not even a myth. Its not a belief held by anyone famaliar with the history of our country. We were founded on the principals of freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes in GOD we trust. Notice it does not say "In Jesus we trust" nor does it say "In Mohamed we trust" Or Buddah or any other demigod.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Knee-jerk response, sorry.

Apologies if this angle hasn't been brought in...

Spooky!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
and you wonder why the Islam apologists / Democrat supporters show up in the same threads.....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Knee-jerk response, sorry.

Apologies if this angle hasn't been brought in...

Spooky!

Thanks,,, Interesting read,,,,,, Very interesting!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Politics and religion don't mix! When they collide things tend to get messy. There ought not be any prayers at these events, or any government function. Seperation between church and state! That seems fairly simple to comprehend, but for others' it seems to get foggy? If they want to pray? Great, but it had better be in the parking lot and not inside the convention. That goes for any denomination! Sorry to sound so frank about it, but religion has no place at these events. Religion has a place in the privacy of our homes, places of worship, ect., but not at polticial events or government functions. That is just my personal opinion. Follow the Constitution, and there is no controversy. Everytime they try to read between the lines or reinterpret things people tend to get upset.

In a political sense, this blatant attempt to play the politically correct game is not going to ode well for the Obama Campaign, and even if it was someone elses' idea to plan this event? It does not matter, because people are going to associate this with the President. Of all places to hold a Islamic prayer event? They choose the DNC, and smack dab in the middle of the bible belt? Not the smartest move by the Democrats, and it is going to ruffle feathers. Talk about jamming a square into a circular hole? Just my musings on the topic.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I bet the closing prayer will not be 2 hours. Anyone that doesn't see something is seriously wrong with this is either blind, stupid or only God knows what. This is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

hmm intesting, fact or fiction?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

This isn't going to be at the convention it's going to be at Marshall park the convention is at Bank of America stadium and Time Warner Cable Arena.
edit on 28-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

This has nothing to do with separation of church and state. The Democrat and Republican parties are not governmental organizations. Why do so many not understand the Constitution?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by guohua

My humble opinion is that he is a Muslim...

This is a big part of the problem with American voters. Too many of us can't distinguish between fact and opinion. You are not entitled to an opinion about this, because his faith is a matter of fact.

I read you mention you are Chinese. Your comment is the same as me saying, "It is my opinion that you are Japanese." Make sense to you? Probably not.
edit on 29-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

Yeah, you're right.

I guess no politician has ever lied about his religious beliefs, publicly. Probably why while the national and international percentages of atheists keep rising, we have yet to have a single politician come out and admit they are atheist. But I;m sure every last one of them are devout religious followers, despite that not matching up with national or international averages in any way.

The only fact is that government lies, republican and democrat.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Obama Is a muslim and is doing his part to tear the U.S. down.
His actions speaks a lot louder then his silver-tongued words.I
wouldn't believe anything coming out of his mouth even if he had
his tongue notarized!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The DNC wants to dismantle capitalism, personal liberty and symbols of American power, and the Islamic radicals want to destroy capitalists, personal liberties and symbols of American power. To quote an Arab saying, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

I would say the DNC and Islamic radicals are quite close friends.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
The DNC wants to dismantle capitalism, personal liberty and symbols of American power, and the Islamic radicals want to destroy capitalists, personal liberties and symbols of American power. To quote an Arab saying, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

Well spoken!

They indeed have much in common.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

This may be what your were thinking about....

Obama and his "muslim" "Christian" faith...

www.youtube.com...

Which one is it?
And where was he born?

edit on 30-8-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

In which case all Presidents should be required to cut out the phrase "God Bless America" from the end of all their speeches.

Separation starts at the top.

No President has ever said "Allah Bless America".

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm not going to call you an IsIamophobe, I'm going to call you a good honest and wide awake person.

Radicals are given far too much freedom all over the world, they are a trojan horse and we have invited them in (I say we, by that I mean our power hungry leaders willing to bastardise us for power).

You sir or madam are a hero and keep on speaking up!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join