It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This is why people are concerned

A controversial imam who was an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing was among a group of Muslim leaders invited yesterday to a meeting with Mayor Bloomberg at City Hall.

Siraj Wahhaj has defended the convicted WTC bomb plotters, called the FBI and CIA the "real terrorists," and said he hopes all Americans eventually become Muslim.

He was among religious and civic leaders who met with Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly to discuss the deadly Fort Hood shooting spree.

Wahhaj was one of 170 people identified in 1995 as unindicted co-conspirators in the attack two years earlier.

Read more: www.nypost.com...

That same year, however, Wahhaj, in a speech before the Islamic Association of North Texas, called Operation Desert Storm (the U.S.-led military campaign to drive Saddam Hussein's invading forces out of Kuwait) "one of the most diabolical plots ever in the annals of history." Moreover, he predicted that America would fall unless it "accepts the Islamic agenda."

In September 1991 Wahhaj stated the following:

"…And [Allah] declared 'Whoever is at war with my friends, I declare war on them.' ... Your true friend is Allah, the messenger, and those who believe.... Hear what I'm telling you well. The Americans are not your friends ... The Canadians are not your friends ... The Europeans are not your friends. Your friend is Allah, the Messenger and those who believe. These people will never be satisfied with you until you follow their religion ..."

n a 1992 address to an audience of Muslims in New Jersey, Wahhaj expressed his desire to see Muslims seize control of the United States and replace its constitutional government with an Islamic caliphate. “If we were united and strong,” Wahhaj said, “we'd elect our own emir [leader] and give allegiance to him.... [T]ake my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us.”

In 1995 Wahhaj was named by U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White as a possible co-conspirator to the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Wahhaj angrily objected to that designation, noting in his defense that he had eaten "dinner with Secretary of State [Madeline] Albright -- after the list" of co-conspirators had been released.

In the summer of 1999, Wahhaj testified as a character witness for convicted terror mastermind Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman. Wahhaj stated, on the record, that he considered it an honor to have had an opportunity to host Abdel-Rahman at his mosque, describing the latter as a “respected scholar ... bold ... [and] a strong preacher of Islam

In August and September of 2001, just prior to the 9/11 attacks, Wahhaj was a guest speaker a "Jihad Camp" in Pennsylvania. The camp was organized by Safet Abid Catovic, a leader of the Benevolence International Foundation, a "charity" that would be shut down in November 2002 on charges that it had provided funding for al Qaeda.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

Get the picture yet??

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

You seem to be confused...I asked for an official DNC source. Not an article that doesn't name sources.

It isn't on any DNC schedule, it isn't on any DNC list of featured events...so please show me how this event is hosted by the DNC as the OP claims in the title.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
The major concern is more related to the individuals tied to this event than the actual event itself. When the grand Imam of this event speaks to replace our constitution with a caliphate that should raise an eyebrow.

That's ridiculous! These are American Muslims. No different than American Christians or American Jews. What is your problem?

SO WHAT? If the DNC or RNC wants to have Muslim day, Catholic Day and Jew Day, so what? What is the point that you guys are trying to make? Please come out and say it! Democrats are Muslims? Obama's a Muslim? Is this your point? And if it is, SO WHAT?

Only religious bigots see this as a problem.

Hope you look good in a black hijab or burqa.

I look good in whatever I'm wearing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by guohua

Or-better question, why the eff is anyone praying at all? Both conventions are about politics. Nobody should be praying at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Phoenix

You seem to be confused...I asked for an official DNC source. Not an article that doesn't name sources.

It isn't on any DNC schedule, it isn't on any DNC list of featured events...so please show me how this event is hosted by the DNC as the OP claims in the title.

The event has been approved by the Host committee which is under contract with the DNC to fulfill all obligations in said contract. Its all there in black and white. Just take the punch and move on...

content.news14.com...

Keep asking for an "official DNC source" please. If the contract is not good enough nothing will ever appease. No surprise there!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by guohua

Or-better question, why the eff is anyone praying at all? Both conventions are about politics. Nobody should be praying at all.

Good point. The left soils iself when an utterance is biblically stated in a government building, yet panders to religious folks and uses the religious pulpit as a bully pulpit.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Why are there religious events @ either convention?

There's no god, just all lies told to control you. No jew carpenter zombie whoe died for your sins, no guy in the sky who loves you, knows everything but still has given us free will in the hopes that we'll do the right things in life... NONE OF IT.

There's a greater chance that Randy Weaver is the messiah... at least he is real and the other stuff I mentioned right about Randy, not so much.

Really people, give it a rest with your bogeymen to whom you pray to as your blood gods have only made the world WORSE.

Derek

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions.

I agree with this. If they want 'prayers', then do it elsewhere or in private or whatever.
But to televise and make something an 'official prayer' .... I'd rather they didn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's ridiculous! These are American Muslims. No different than American Christians or American Jews. What is your problem?

You obviously did not read anything that I posted about the featured Imam leading this event. I'm not going to repeat again and again and again because you choose to ignore it.

What's my problem?
The DNC endorsing an event led by an American Muslim who seeks to replace our constitutional govt. with a caliphate. A man officially listed as an unindicted co conspirator in the 1993 WTC bombings.

Do you still believe this man is no different thant American Christians or American Jews? Do these groups want to replace our constitution with a caliphate??

Wow !! Just Wow!!
edit on 28-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by guohua
I don't know, Does anyone here have any problem with what their doing.

I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

I'm confused.

Strange isn't it, they are just using the democratic platform to push agendas, when they get what they want and get a strong foothold,

They will make Christians look desirable.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its strange that a country that was supposedly founded on Christianity embrases the Islamic faith so wholesomely.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You do know wiki can be edited by anyone that has an account don't you? Go to the wiki page you linked and hover your pointer over number 41. The person who put that in there is the same person that wrote the article for the Blaze. So I would say that is hardly accurate.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by guohua

Good point. The left soils iself when an utterance is biblically stated in a government building, yet panders to religious folks and uses the religious pulpit as a bully pulpit.

That's what I never understood, it is a war on Christianity which has come a long way, yet panders to a religion that in some areas has a long way to go.

I knew what has happened, but I will just keep quiet.
edit on 043131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 043131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I had to look up the 'Bureau Of Indigenous Muslim Affairs' because I had no idea that the US even had one...

...Which is a strange coincidence, because you don't.

muslimbureau.com...

THE BUREAU OF INDEGENOUS MUSLIM AFFAIRS (BIMA) IS A NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION SEEKING STATUS WITH THE UNITED NATIONS AS A NON GOVERMENTAL ORGANIZATION (NGO). BIMA WAS FOUNDED IN 1992 BY THE LATE HAJJ HESHAAM JAABER. THE OBJECTIVE OF BIMA IS TO PROVIDE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT TO INDIGENOUS MUSLIMS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

It's not a 'Bureau', it's a non-profit *trying to be* an NGO. So I thought: if I could be misled, maybe someone else reading could too, so I'll point it out.

...Aren't there any rules about using words like 'Bureau' or 'Department' or 'Ministry' when they're not a bureau/department/ministry of ANY higher institution?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Its strange that a country that was supposedly founded on Christianity embraces the Islamic faith so wholesomely.

America wasn't founded on Christianity. That's just a myth.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Phoenix

The event has been approved by the Host committee which is under contract with the DNC to fulfill all obligations in said contract. Its all there in black and white. Just take the punch and move on...

content.news14.com...

Keep asking for an "official DNC source" please. If the contract is not good enough nothing will ever appease. No surprise there!

No, sorry...the DNC having a contract with the host committee has nothing to do with this event.

Good lord...anything to spread hate.

I honestly don't care if the DNC approves...America is a free country for everyone, not just Christians. But I hate dis-information...and that is what you are trying to spread.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There is no war on Christianity. Just because the government doesn't want this country to be run by a churches delusion hardly means there is a war on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i just called the DNC in washington 202-863-8000, they said they had no idea what i was talking about, and they don't know why they are being affilated with BIMA, on that live leak website or any other website.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Yngvarr

Originally posted by guohua
I don't know, Does anyone here have any problem with what their doing.

I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

I'm confused.

Strange isn't it, they are just using the democratic platform to push agendas, when they get what they want and get a strong foothold,

They will make Christians look desirable.

You're Absolutely Correct,,, Personally, I believe Religion should be a choice of an individual, Not push on a person by Culture, Race, Nationality or Governments.
I also believe if the DNC had no intentions of being associated with this Organization they should have asked them to remove the DNC from their Flyer and Web-site.

But, that's me and no one else has to agree with me,,,, That's Fine!
edit on 28-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mr. Confusion checking in again. After reading this thread, it is apparent that the Republicans are trying to stick this prayer session on the Democrats, apparently believing that endorsement of Islam is a bad thing in this country.

Surprisingly, we see Democrats running away from it as fast as they can, apparently believing that endorsement of Islam is a bad thing in this country.

This strikes me as a big "win" for those opposed to Islam. Apparently, nobody wants to be associated with them, although the Democrats appear to be using "plausible deniability."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join