It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It says in God we trust on our money, and this is a prayer to God, so I don't get what the big deal is...or does it have to do with separation of church and state, or wait wait, only Christians should be in the DNC?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's ridiculous! These are American Muslims. No different than American Christians or American Jews. What is your problem?

You obviously did not read anything that I posted about the featured Imam leading this event. I'm not going to repeat again and again and again because you choose to ignore it.

What's my problem?
The DNC endorsing an event led by an American Muslim who seeks to replace our constitutional govt. with a caliphate. A man officially listed as an unindicted co conspirator in the 1993 WTC bombings.

Do you still believe this man is no different thant American Christians or American Jews? Do these groups want to replace our constitution with a caliphate??

Wow !! Just Wow!!
edit on 28-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

I honestly don't know where you guys get the mental strength from to continue battling these select few here at ats? The same few who when shown exactly what they are requesting still deny and then disappear and pop up in another thread to start the game all over. For what it's worth I think a very few understand exactly what point you were trying to make and thanks for bringing it to my attention at least. And to the select few to whom I refer to, I think we all know exactly who's pocket book your in, you make it all to obvious...... At least for the amount of effort you put into this daily grind you'd be a fool to do it for free.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

SO WHAT? If the DNC or RNC wants to have Muslim day, Catholic Day and Jew Day, so what? What is the point that you guys are trying to make? Please come out and say it! Democrats are Muslims? Obama's a Muslim? Is this your point? And if it is, SO WHAT?

Only religious bigots see this as a problem.

[

Are you serious? The left regularly rages about Christian events that are tied to government or Republican events, but curiously defends Islam when it comes to just about anything. You know this. How could you not? It plays out in the media and on these forums with regularity!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Is the DNC Executive Committee actually part of the Democratic Party and the organizers of the DNC? I only ask because they are listed as a contact (upper left corner of the page) for this prayer event here:

Link

And if they are a contact for this event and the organizing committee for the DNC, then are they sanctioning this prayer event as part of the DNC?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LevelHeaded
Is the DNC Executive Committee actually part of the Democratic Party and the organizers of the DNC? I only ask because they are listed as a contact (upper left corner of the page) for this prayer event here:

Link

And if they are a contact for this event and the organizing committee for the DNC, then are they sanctioning this prayer event as part of the DNC?

Good Catch and Great Question.
DNC Executive Committee
Bureau of Indigenous Muslim Affairs
[email protected]
973-596-8358
I called,,, no answer.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
On the point that they are doing an Islamic prayer, that should have no bearing n anything. This is America and reciting a prayer from a religion not based n Christianity should not be viewed as nefarious in and of itself. That is not to say that i think any kind of prayer should be held at these conventions, but it is not a government function so i can only have an opinion on that. If a person doesnt see a problem with christian prayers at these functions, then they shouldn't about other relions' prayers.

If anything, they are making a statement about accpetance and made the obvious decision to lead a prayer from the second largest and fastest growing religion in America.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Quick search on spoogle and where is an article by Daniel Pipes in 2005. ( i think)

" In June 1991, Siraj Wahaj, a black convert to Islam and the recipient of some of the American Muslim community's highest honors, had the privilege of becoming the first Muslim to deliver the daily prayer in the U.S. House of Representatives. On that occasion he recited from the Qur'an and appealed to the Almighty to guide American leaders "and grant them righteousness and wisdom".

A little over a year later, addressing an audience of New Jersey Muslims, the same Wahaj articulated a rather different vision from his mild and moderate invocation in the House. If only Muslims were more clever politically, he told his New Jersey listeners, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate. "If we were united and strong, we'd elect our own emir [leader] and give allegiance to him. . . . [T]ake my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us." In 1995, Wahaj served as a character witness for Omar Abdel Rahman in the trial that found that blind sheikh guilty of conspiracy to overthrow the government of the United States. More alarming still, the U.S. attorney for New York listed Wahaj as one of the "unindicted persons who may be alleged as co-conspirators" in the sheikh's case.

The disparity between Wahaj's good citizenship in the House and his militant forecast of a Muslim takeover—not to mention his association with violent felons—is only one example of a larger pattern common to the American Muslim scene.

End Quote

So this is no innocent Muslim praying for the prosparity of all Americans, he has an Islamic State in mind, just what the Dems want? Really?

I know young people and Lib's don't want to break ranks with their beloved Democratic Party but, how can any American want this?

Why is this happening at the Dem Convention anyways? Oh yeah, ACROSS TOWN from the Convention, and approved by Obama none-the-less.??

Is it to show them pesky Repubs that you are more religiously tolerant than they are?
The party of athiests?

My opinion is that there are as many different types of people in the world and you cannot accept, with open arms all of them, no matter how you want to be portayed. By making the attempt at looking PC and uber-accepting of people who want to force you into submission, you undermine your own cause and confuse your supporters.

Another stupid move by this administration, and the Dem's in general will be confused by this move too, they will spin it every way but the right one from now till it's over.

The compassion of our dear leader to include these righteous, America First Imam's.

Here is another quote this one attributed to Imam Siraj Wahaj himself.

"one of the most diabolical plots ever in the annals of history, in my estimation, has been the war in the Persian Gulf. It was a plan, and believe me, it is a part of a larger plan, to destroy the greatest challenge to the Western world, and that's Islam. I see the demise of the Soviet Union as a sign for the American people that what happened in the Soviet Union will definitely happen in America unless America changes its course from the new world order and accepts the Islamic agenda."

I can say, ****.their. islamic. agenda.

~Rev

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Oh, that's because "popular opinion" is not on the side of both Christian and Right. Us verses them mentality is natural to humanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Yngvarr

Oh, that's because "popular opinion" is not on the side of both Christian and Right. Us verses them mentality is natural to humanity.

Oh go crawl back in the basement, The guy speaking at the event calls for the overthrow of the American Government to be replaced by what? and you preach the us vs them theme? Scuse me!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think I starred it, mostly because it's a good question to ask if you don't know the answer.

reply to post by acmpnsfal

Would you like me to try force you to pray against your will? This isn't far form stating that you would like to force me not to. Same difference & just be careful. This could very well be blown out of proportion.

reply to post by buster2010

Only if she is neither an official source, or wasn't there to see what was going on. But it would be easier to believe from more than one source.

Yeah, it just had a lot of Christian founders. Not all, mind you, but a lot. That's a hairline difference, but it could be just enough to make these debates over it a touch more fun.

Jsut like there's no war on women, war on animals, ect. But watch someone else get upset with this concept.

reply to post by charles1952

Well, ther'es still a lot of "they're our enemies" that we can't get away from. But: there's some minor evidence of pandering that is not given equally across the board, islamic, christian, atheistic, ect. Doesn't matter, someone's got a hobby horse out there, in the upper tiers.

reply to post by jaynkeel

A lot of these "fools" are young, spouting opinions of life they have not experienced. It's nice to expose them to opposing views before they go through the meat-grinder of life. The older ones are damned hard to reach, but the young ones don't even really know themselves, let alone the world, in many cases.

reply to post by nunya13

Even an atheist should be able to lead us in a moment of silence for our particular beliefs or lack thereof, in a public place. Even those in political prominence have the right to be individuals, and respect other expressions of viewpoint. Only thing is I can only see a handful of atheists being willing to do this.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

If anything, they are making a statement about accpetance and made the obvious decision to lead a prayer from the second largest and fastest growing religion in America.
Mr. Confusion again. If that's true, why are so many posters saying, "No, it's not the Democrats sponsoring this, it's entirely independent and we Democrats have no control over it?" It sounds as though the posters and the Democrats are rejecting your idea that this a good thing, a responsible thing, and that they made the decision to include it. See why I'm confused?

Unless, perhaps, you're saying that the Democrats are ashamed of it in some way, and they should be really proud of it instead. I think that position would become a Republican campaign commercial.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Should we also be upset that the RNC, supposedly representing all Americans, has only invited judeo-christain orators at their convention? Time to use our Big boy/girl brains folks. Its all about appeasing the uninformed, those who fall for this Red-Blue bluster. Here's a tip, go & google the corporations, banks, & donors that are paying for BOTH of these campaigns this election season. If that doesn't open your eyes, then it is only because you choose not to see the truth.

Two sides of the same coin,folks. 10 min. of research will tell you that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CenterSet

It's too bad that Mr. Confusion read your post. Here's what I can make out of it, correct me where I go wrong.

Time to use our Big boy/girl brains folks. Its all about appeasing the uninformed, those who fall for this Red-Blue bluster. Here's a tip, go & google the corporations, banks, & donors that are paying for BOTH of these campaigns this election season. If that doesn't open your eyes, then it is only because you choose not to see the truth.

Two sides of the same coin,folks. 10 min. of research will tell you that.
If you're saying there's no difference between Republicans and Democrats, then you're expressing an opinion that seems to be very popular on ATS, but I don't see how it applies here. Besides, the discussion seems to be around the idea that there is a Muslim ceremony at the DNC and not at the RNC, which seems to be a difference.

Should we also be upset that the RNC, supposedly representing all Americans, has only invited judeo-christain orators at their convention?
By "orators" do you mean all speakers, or those delivering prayers. Do you think that the RNC should have invited Buddhist "orators," and they're somehow wrong for not doing so? I wonder how many different "orators" it would require to hit all of America's religions? They've got to call a halt somewhere. What are they doing wrong?

But I may be missing your entire point.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

My point may have been lost in my own bluster, charles1952. The point i was attempting to make was that each of the parties bring speakers who will appease those they they are appealing to.

My statement about 2 sides of the same coin refers to the idea that if you look beyond the pandering you will see that neither of these parties has the peoples' best interest in mind. So it seems silly to argue over who brings what religion to the event, if it is only to gin up their voting blocks.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

SO WHAT? If the DNC or RNC wants to have Muslim day, Catholic Day and Jew Day, so what? What is the point that you guys are trying to make? Please come out and say it! Democrats are Muslims? Obama's a Muslim? Is this your point? And if it is, SO WHAT?

Only religious bigots see this as a problem.

[

Not really. Islam is a political system, not simply a religion. Under the guise of religion it is attempting to take over nations (has taken over nations). It would be like celebrating something like a relgion called Communithalicism or Commislam which is really just old soviet communism under the guise of a religion. Although communism may be a preferable political system to an islamic one.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

Eventually something that France is leading and showing the way!

I strongly believe that government & religions should be separated. And seeing how it is working in France and some other countries (where religion strongly influences the government), then I believe in it even more strongly.
This is a must! Any form of religion should be out of government affairs. A good example of what religion influence can do to countries is the history of Europe, where kings & kingdoms were decided by the Pope.

This separation guarantees a leaner government, but also guarantees equal treatment for all religions/beliefs: each of them has ZERO influence on the government.

Looking at France, this separation is a like a treasure, we need to protect it, it is challenged daily.
Recently it is being strongly challenged by muslim faith (veil, burqa, halal food in school canteens, halal way to slaughter animals which is cruel & unhygienic, etc.)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Im atheist and i have no problem with it, i know once i found out it was 2 hours id skip all of it, if we are a nation of many, i think there should be more than 2 religions represented though or don't do it at all, since church and state ARE supposed to be separate, but honestly, what is one of the first things you hear for months before an election,, WHAT RELIGION THE PRESIDENT IS, lol , even worse when its a 2nd term and they still tell us for months , what religion a president is lol, like i give a damn, just don't press the red shiny button, stop signing our freedoms away, and don't raise my taxes, and i don't care whose in office, sadly all we've gotten in past 95 years is complete monkeys, and the 2 chances we had at becoming free again got shot to death.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Seems like its a Muslim based event in which case it would make sense?

But I would agree with some of the other posters, we need to see a much greater separation between Church and State.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Anybody find the DNC official source yet?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This "JUMAH" event is not even affiliated with the Democratic National Convention.

If you had done research, you'd see the group which promotes this event is a NON-PROFIT group. The Bureau for Indigenous Affairs, and is a non-profit hosting some event during the same time or place as the Democratic National Convention.

Check this image here for proof:
www.liveleak.com...

Note the domain name is www.muslimbureau.us... That does not say DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION.

This post is misleading at best, plagiarism, and propaganda at the very least.

You need to fact-check your sources.

DEBUNKED!

Here is a redacted whois for the domain listed above:

Domain ID:REDACTED
Domain Name:MUSLIMBUREAU.INFO
Created On:25-Jun-2012 17:37:42 UTC
Last Updated On:24-Aug-2012 20:40:39 UTC
Expiration Date:25-Jun-2013 17:37:42 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:1&1 Internet AG (R113-LRMS)
Registrant ID:REDACTED
Registrant Name:REDACTED
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street1:REDACTED
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Roselle
Registrant State/Province:NJ
Registrant Postal Code:07203
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:REDACTED

As you'll see, the domain was registered in June of 2012. I think the DNC website has been around for a longer time than that. Obviously this "event" is disinfo designed to inflame and incite cognitive dissonance.

I'm not falling for your dis-information and conversely take diligence in DENYING IGNORANCE.
edit on 29-8-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join