It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reports: 70% of Obama’s Twitter followers are fake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well ya don't say !!!

Who would of thought they would put up fake followers for Obama

I just hope those fakes can't vote !!

By David Jackson / USA TODAY – President Obama’s Twitter account has 18.8 million followers — but more than half of them really don’t exist, according to reports.

A new Web tool has determined that 70% of Obama’s crowd includes “fake followers,” The New York Times reports in a story about how Twitter followers can be purchased.

“The practice has become so widespread that StatusPeople, a social media management company in London, released a Web tool last month called the Fake Follower Check that it says can ascertain how many fake followers you and your friends have,” the Times reports. NY Times reports: 70% of Obama’s Twitter followers are fake

Read story here: Obama has millions of fake Twitter followers (NYTimes)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Rmoney has been caught with fake followers also, not just obama.
link

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
So what? I figure it's common knowledge this kind of thing goes on.

Especially because you know...it's probably not the president who's actually using Twitter.

Also,I like how your links take me to other pages ....

ETA : "A new Web tool has determined that 70% of Obama’s crowd includes “fake followers,” The New York Times reports in a story about how Twitter followers can be purchased"

Oh? What web tool is that? Hey op,since this story claims to link to the NY TIMES..how bout providing the link?
edit on 28-8-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Just another one of many fake things about him.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

This is the tool

fakers.statuspeople.com...

I ran Obama's twitter handle through it...it reported 29% fake to me. Romney had 21% fake.

It doesn't really say how the app works...so not sure if it is legit or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thanks,I'll have to check it out.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. ~ Barack Obama

Nuff said.......

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why am I not surprised......

It wouldn't matter so much if he and his people wouldn't always make such a big deal about how he takes to twitter like it's some thing new.

They like to hype it out too much in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Yes, without any doubt, Obama is a shill, his administration is a regime and they are completely and totally corrupt and need to be supplanted.

Funny thing is, with all that said, I could be talking about Mitt Romney in that same sentence and it would still be true......... America doesn't need another Obama and it doesn't need a Romney.

Shake the left or right garbage from your head and figure out it is that two party system that is tricking us all into slavery.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, let's see, Republican women voting for him, according to his ad.....NOT. Obama has always been a loser and a coniver...deceiver, liar, fake.....yada yada yada! And yet, the people are still willing to vote for him. GO PEOPLE!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sounds like none of you use twitter.
I have all kinds of fake followers that I never asked for.
They are the twitter version of spam.
All the evil intent you have to put in in order to build a large fake following, is post at least once a week about something, anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
People also buy fake youtube views also.. I doubt Obama did it himself, but his team has to make him look good. Some people actually give a **** about twitter.... Not I...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. ~ Barack Obama

Nuff said.......

That is one of his infamous quotes from one of his books.

In that memoir, Obama said that at Occidental, “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.”

As president, Obama has espoused the view that the rich are not sharing their wealth with the less fortunate. In a Sept. 6, 2001, radio interview, Obama expressed regret that the Supreme Court hadn’t engaged in wealth redistribution.

Read more on Newsmax.com:
Obama Espoused Radical Views in College

edit on Aug-28-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by sonnny1

Nuff said.......

That is one of his infamous quotes from one of his books.

In that memoir, Obama said that at Occidental, “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.”

As president, Obama has espoused the view that the rich are not sharing their wealth with the less fortunate. In a Sept. 6, 2001, radio interview, Obama expressed regret that the Supreme Court hadn’t engaged in wealth redistribution.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Obama Espoused Radical Views in College
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
Obama Espoused Radical Views in College

Gosh, enough said I guess.......would kinda wonder about his past if that is okay........just want to know what this man is all about.

And this is why each of us needs to be informed. What I really want to say is get a life. Obama is nothing else but a loser......if you support him, you support the degredation and the anniahaltion of this country. There are many who will condemn it. There are many who will support it.......Can you please vote!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Report: Obama and Romney guilty of fake Twitter followers

Both of them do, all famous peoples are

www.newjerseynewsroom.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Well ya don't say !!!

Who would of thought they would put up fake followers for Obama

A new Web tool has determined that 70% of Obama’s crowd includes*****

me.hoe many still believe there aren't numerous payed shills on the top ct site.

getreal

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
Also,I like how your links take me to other pages ....

Oh? What web tool is that? Hey op,since this story claims to link to the NY TIMES..how bout providing the link?

Actually, it is hilarious..

The first link the op gives us, drinkyourkoolaid.com...
then references another webpage, content.usatoday.com...

which references the NY Times

So when we go to the NY times, we find a article, about 80 lines long and Obama gets less than 1 line.... and Romney doing the same get about 3-4 lines.... but the OP just posts on Obama!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

actually nearly the exact opposite is true and ANYONE wiloing to look at the links can verify this

all that needs to be said.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by spoor

actually nearly the exact opposite is true and ANYONE wiloing to look at the links can verify this

all that needs to be said.

And you are wrong again, as here is the NY Times article,
www.nytimes.com...

Now everyone can see that you are wrong again!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Funny how you had to link that article and not the OP

Personally,I'm insulted that this is even reported in the US. Makes us all look like morons. I know where I'll be if OBAMA gets relected. Do you know where you'll be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join