It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reports: 70% of Obama’s Twitter followers are fake

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This has nothing to do with Obama. Do you really think Obama sat in the oval office thinking of a scheme to get more twitter follower? That is just the work of the machine behind him, the one that was the before him, and that will be there after him. Regardless of the President.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by spoor

Funny how you had to link that article and not the OP

That article as in the one referenced by the OP but not linked by the OP?

NY Times reports: 70% of Obama’s Twitter followers are fake

See the title? I find it funny it took someone else to actually link to the NY Times article the OP supposedly based this on. You do not find that funny?

Personally,I'm insulted that this is even reported in the US. Makes us all look like morons. I know where I'll be if OBAMA gets relected. Do you know where you'll be?

Where will you be?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

I imagine this account ain't made by a random derp across the road. With the young generation . They'll wanna go with whatever is popular. And since most of the young generation treat twitter as a deity.... see where i'm going with this?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How many fake followers does Obama have from right wing pundits? I would think the likes of Fox would have several under fake names. I'm sure Bill O'Really wouldn't use his own name.

Obviously the same can be said for Romneys followers .

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Report: Obama and Romney guilty of fake Twitter followers

Both of them do, all famous peoples are

Thisis the cyber-equivalent of the combover.

Doesn't fool anyone, so why do it?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Come on.
Have you seen the dude go anywhere
without a giant turn out? I do not believe it, one bit.
But I do believe the one about the fact that more than 85%
of Romneys' money comes from about 4 billionaires.

I wonder if they follow Romney?
Because it's obvious Romney follows them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
EH.

nevermind.
edit on 28-8-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OBVIOUSLY reptilian satanists. If you dont see it, you are blind! Open your eyes!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Guess what people? the web is full of bots...no I'm dead serious you may of came across a troll, whose trolling makes no sense, or people who post ramblings that have no real purpose..The government is doing their best to distort,twist,and make anyone spreading truth on the web look like a "Wacko" So yes naturally social media sites are no exceptions..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakawkaw

Why mock? Maybe if you did some research instead of just brushing it off as silly, you would indeed have a better understanding who really has control of this world...oh heres a hint we were warned a very long time ago...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Obama is a fake, so it makes perfect sense that people who "follow him" are fake also.

70% seems awfully low.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

I guess making a joke is not allowed here? Anyway, this is not new info for anyone who uses twitter. Also, why does it matter that obama has fake followers? Not backing up obama, i think they're both morons.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No joking is a great thing to have around here, my point is there is a bit of truth as to what you are joking about, see minus the alien part, a good bit of world elites are indeed satanists..But that would be getting off track, so.

Oh and I guess it matters because it helps put into view just how rigged the elections are, if they have fake followers to boost their popularly just think of everything else they do..not that it matters since both Mitt and Obama are 2 sides of the same coin.
edit on 28-8-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce

No joking is a great thing to have around here, my point is there is a bit of truth as to what you are joking about, see minus the alien part, a good bit of world elites are indeed satanists..But that would be getting off track, so.

Oh and I guess it matters because it helps put into view just how rigged the elections are, if they have fake followers to boost their popularly just think of everything else they do..not that it matters since both Mitt and Obama are 2 sides of the same coin.
edit on 28-8-2012 by SolarIce because: (no reason given)

I agree with that last part. But, Satan and satanists etc? Not so much.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My point exactly you dont agree because you haven't done your research, I have 300 pages worth of collected notes, and things I've learn I CAN SUPPLY PICTURES of what I have learn and alot of it ties back to at least 1300's, but you gotta dig deep into it my friends, because once you learn the real truth you'll never be the same I promise.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They said the same about romney a short while back, and my question now ( as it was then): why? Is it a "whoa! Look how many people are following that guy. he gets my vote!" or what? I file both of these under "so what" and "who cares"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Well, let's see, Republican women voting for him, according to his ad.....NOT. Obama has always been a loser and a coniver...deceiver, liar, fake.....yada yada yada! And yet, the people are still willing to vote for him. GO PEOPLE!

Because as bad as he is, the Romney/Ryan alternative is even worse.

Also, everybody should stop ignoring this post:

Originally posted by Endorra
Sounds like none of you use twitter.
I have all kinds of fake followers that I never asked for.
They are the twitter version of spam.

SPAM! The article even says that 71% of Lady Gaga's followers are fake. Why would she be buying fake Twitter followers?

edit on 28-8-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You know what i'm going to agree with that guy who said its due to spammers.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Obama's people have a history of "false" everything from women issues, rich vs. poor issues, black vs white, young vs old, false accusations of political enemies.and on and on. I'm waiting for the "cardboard" brace that holds him up to give way one of these days so everyone can see that he is nothing but a "cardboard facade" ....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join