It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooking With Aluminum Foil Should Be Avoided

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This may be another piece of the puzzle.

Scientists Discover Previously Unknown Cleansing System in Brain

The highly organized system acts like a series of pipes that piggyback on the brain’s blood vessels, sort of a shadow plumbing system that seems to serve much the same function in the brain as the lymph system does in the rest of the body – to drain away waste products.

“If the glymphatic system fails to cleanse the brain as it is meant to, either as a consequence of normal aging, or in response to brain injury, waste may begin to accumulate in the brain. This may be what is happening with amyloid deposits in Alzheimer’s disease,” said Iliff. “Perhaps increasing the activity of the glymphatic system might help prevent amyloid deposition from building up or could offer a new way to clean out buildups of the material in established Alzheimer’s disease,” he added.

This is just another example of things being a bit more complicated than just what we put in our bodies but also of how our bodies deal with those things. Now, I will say that if a person has this system working sub par then the OP's advise to stay away from the foil may be in order.

Seeing that aluminum is in many foods, the problem then becomes trickier. Finding what contains aluminum and in what amounts seems rather difficult. All I could find was an FDA statement stating that most foods contain it. Who knows, maybe a push for its inclusion in food labels is in order.

edit on 31-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I just learned this today: you can wrap food in a BANANA LEAF and grill it!! No foil necessary.

Check your local Asian grocer.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
read the protocols of zion (written by secret societies NOT normal jewish people as is claimed)...

to paraphrase one of the parts of it:

we will put poisons in their food, water, air etc...

we will be cunning in our concealment of the poisons for they can see far...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Fascinating stuff, thanks for bringing onboard

Perhaps increasing the activity of the glymphatic system might help prevent amyloid deposition from building up or could offer a new way to clean out buildups of the material

Or both? I like this, a new approach to brain health and ailments. I wonder if there is something in nature that could serve to increase glymphatic activity. Would the activity increase by being stimulated, or strengthened? Perhaps there a physical exercise that could increase it? Wouldn't that be nifty.
I wonder if a CSF boost would increase activity? Or would that be like adding more anti-freeze in a full radiator, useless past overfill? The article seems to indicate it is the increase in pressure and flow.

You are right though, there are many factors such as age, genetics, diet, health and environment that come into play, and actively reducing one's exposure is not a bad idea to try and sway the odds a bit.

I think an inclusion of aluminum in food labels would be appropriate, but it would open the industry(s) to liability issues and so I doubt they would have a concerted effort to label. I suppose it could be considered a personal responsibility for ourselves, to keep the temple optimum and take care of our own bodies by monitoring exposure and ingestion. Staying healthy as possible for our families are also beneficial, we don't want our kids to have to endure cognitive afflictions, especially if there was a chance we could have avoided it.

I just got alarmed at the proportions found in the OP article, being 3 times the amount of aluminum release when heated, and specifically foil, because personally, I have used a whole lotta heated foil in my day.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
I just got alarmed at the proportions found in the OP article, being 3 times the amount of aluminum release when heated, and specifically foil, because personally, I have used a whole lotta heated foil in my day.

Makes sense and with all the anti-aluminum info out there its easy to choose to play it safe and cut it out or at least cut it down.

The thing is that if this newly discovered system is what starts to go, then it would be a whole lot of things, besides just aluminum, clogging things up, and if they are waste created in the brain, then no modifications to diet are going to help, unless they are to restore the elimination system itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by lewtra

Me too lewtra, it is such an excellent product aside from the main ingredient! But hey, there are just as convenient and effective alternatives, as mentioned throughout the thread.

Peace

Sod it, I'm sticking with foil for now
l. We have a six inch nail's worth of iron in our body's, so a bit of aluminium particals wont go a miss.. I would never use plasics to wrap or cover food in, just seems wrong to me..

I'll go back and read the rest of the post's now, see if there is an alternative..

edit on 4/9/2012 by lewtra because: Read rest of post's and I'm staying with the alloy..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

S'all good, I understand your contempt. I, on the other hand will try to minimize it's use for cooking, for I still feel we have a little control over the amounts of unhealthy things in our bodies. If there is a small chance I can avoid contributing to Osteoporosis or AD, I will use alternatives. Thank you for reading the thread and your reply.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I guess this means everyone can take their tin foil hats off?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by manicminxx
I just learned this today: you can wrap food in a BANANA LEAF and grill it!! No foil necessary.

Check your local Asian grocer.

Yep =)

And when out with friends making a picnic, you can cut some fresh banana leaves and use them as plates too. Also, you can use the banana tree stalk (layers of half-pipe shaped pieces) to be used as a plate as well. It's easier that way because it's more sturdy to walk around with. The leaves are used as plates for large trays to set the food when done cooking.

On a side note, you can also cook in bamboo

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

But most of us have it wrapped round our heads
I just wall paper my house and car with it.
. Get less lauglaughs that way.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
A little aluminum foil cooking won't hurt us. A lot will. Mountain climbers have to go in for a shot once in a while because of cooking with aluminum a lot. Just eat a little garlic bread the next day, but don't cook that bread wrapped in aluminum foil. It is what you don't cook in the foil that is important. I have ideas of what not to cook but still need to research this more before saying anything about it. I need to study more research on the matter, hopefully this thread will give me some leads.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It seems that everything is out to kill me. Every week I find out about a new threat to my health. This week it's foil and decaffeinated coffee (beans soaked in a carcinogen to get the caffeine out - whoodathunk?!).

I've got to a stage now where I just assume unless it has a label saying it is NOT harmful then it probably IS harmful. I'm playing the death lottery. Will I get cancer, will I get Alzheimers, will I get heart disease? Or maybe I'll pass on a genetic mutation to my kids instead... it makes dying in an accident the most appealing option!

On another note with aluminium, I am extremely paranoid about breathing in antiperspirant due to the aluminium. Am I right to treat this noxious cloud in my bathroom with the same caution I would with mustard gas?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join