It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cooking With Aluminum Foil Should Be Avoided

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A new study published in the International Journal of Electrochemical Science has discovered that cooking with aluminium increases the risk of developing Osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s Disease.

www.theglobalistreport.com...
While many of us have questioned the harm potential of aluminum from foil in our foods, it seems that cooking with foil, and raising the temperature does create warranted concern.
Our bodies can handle 1mg per 1kg of bone weight, and anything beyond that can accumulate in our brains.

ASTONISHINGLY, it was found that up to 139.2 milligrams of aluminium per person could be consumed in one meal depending on how the food was prepared.

The dangerous aspects occur when food is cooked in foil above temps of 150c(302f)

The researchers examined five different types of meat (beef, water buffalo, mutton, chicken, and turkey) that were packed in aluminium foil and cooked in ovens at various temperatures above 150c. They found that aluminium concentration exploded by 378% in red meats and 215% in poultry.

Fat and how the meat is processed are factors in these readings. I wonder why the difference, unless it is related to acidity.

It was also revealed that highly acidic foods wrapped in aluminium foil contained twice the amount of aluminium and that the size of an aluminium cooking pan also determined how much aluminium leaked into food.

This study concluded that Aluminium foil is not suitable for cooking, especially with food that is highly acidic, and that ingestion of food baked with aluminium foil could aid the development of life-threatening illnesses.

There is enough evidence now to suggest that people who are exposed to high levels of aluminium are at risk of developing terminal illnesses and other complications to their health.

The difficulty we all face is that aluminium is used in almost all of our foods.

www.theglobalistreport.com...
Again, I do realize we are exposed to aluminum from food and the environment, but I like to practice minimizing my exposure to such things.

Drinks in aluminum cans and anti-perspirants are sources for aluminum exposure and I wonder if heat affects the uptake from these sources?
Some things we can do to prevent aluminum from staying in our systems are take calcium, magnesium and zinc supplements. For detoxing existing aluminum, Lemon Juice, Tumeric, Garlic, Kelp and Cilantro can be used. Also, soaking our feet in a mix of half epsom salt and half sea salt with water will remove aluminum through our feet. Sweet, plus it feels good.

Another study shows that aluminum can promote cancer. Great yet another source of carcinogenic mayhem.

New research published in the Journal of Applied Toxicology has revealed that long-term exposure of MCF-10A human mammary epithelial cells to aluminium results in anchorage-independent growth, a key hallmark of cultured tumour cells and of cells on the way to malignant transformation. This study also found that shorter (7 days) exposure to aluminium results in diminished cell numbers owing to cellular senescence.

A commonly used house hold product that contains aluminium is deodorant (antiperspirants). The aluminium contaminant found in most antiperspirants is Aluminium Chlorohydrate.

Other sources of aluminum:

Anti-perspirants
Antacids
Many body lotions and creams
Most cosmetics
Shampoos and conditioners
Soaps
Suntan lotions
Lip Balm
Processed cheese
Baking powder
Cake mix
Frozen dough
Pancake mix
Self-raising flour
Pickled vegetables.

So I am not here to be doomy and gloomy and tell you to stop using foil, but I would suggest an awareness of how it enters our systems and that heating should actually be a concern.

Peace,
spec

ETA: Conspiracy? I guess only that the manufacturers are silent about this, then and now.

edit on 26-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: change title

edit on Sun Aug 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: added sources per member request

edit on Sun Aug 26 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

But most of us have it wrapped round our heads

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So how do we avoid aluminum for cooking?

Almost everything is cooked with foil...

Suggestions??

~Namaste

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Did not think of that.
Maybe just avoid it during the hot summer months!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

So how do we avoid aluminum for cooking?

Good question.
Pyrex or the old fashion way, over an open flame maybe, or steaming. Abandoning foil for cooking is a game changer, and I don't know what else could be used to 'wrap' meats in for cooking. But I am going to avoid it personally. Cooking in parchment is an alternative too.

edit on 26-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Alzheimer's is a good thing.. Its your brains natural way of letting you forget that your about to die

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Did not think of that.
Maybe just avoid it during the hot summer months!

Remember this is england buddy we are talking about

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Alzheimer's is a good thing.. Its your brains natural way of letting you forget that your about to die

Or a natural de-fragging of too much information perhaps. But still, if it can be avoided or minimized, I would try. Not everyone develops Alzheimers, so I don't think it is natural for all of us. Now a slight dementia, aka senile may be an inevitable part of aging, but when I think about it, I have known several people that remained sharp well into their 80's.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As far as my empirical studies have shown there's A LOT of things out there detrimental to your health. Various everyday products, such as, plastic containers, tap water, aluminum in all it's forms, fluoride, chlorine, processed foods, prescription drugs, toothpaste, Monsanto products, and even oxygen is a decaying agent. How anyone can avoid absolutely all those poisonous objects is very strenuous.

I feel as if I'm in a hell-bent environment. Everything is trying to damage me whether if I'm conscious of it or not. Even just doing the right thing all the time just because it's the right thing to do won't save me, feed me, or even free me from economic slavery.

What to do? I don't know, but I face it with 0 fear.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Okay, so is it really hot over there, or do you have a lot of alien/haarp activity requiring more frequent wearing of the tin foil hat in England? Maybe a comfy liner would be a good idea.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Aluminum does not occur naturally anywhere. Aluminum is created from converting bauxite with a very high electrical current.So it is not occurring naturally anywhere.But I always figured that aluminum wasn't good for cooking and avoid it when ever possible. But is there such thing as actual Tin foil any more? And would that be any better?

S&F

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was curious if there was a difference between tin foil and aluminum foil and I guess prior to 1910, tin was used instead of aluminum, then the money aspect kicked in.

Actual tin foil was superseded by cheaper and more durable aluminum foil after World War II, and aluminum foil is sometimes confused as "tin foil" because of its similarity to the former material. Tin was first replaced by aluminum starting in 1910, when the first aluminum foil rolling plant, Dr. Lauber, Neher & Cie., Emmishofen was opened in Kreuzlingen, Switzerland. The first use of foil in the United States was in 1913 for wrapping Life Savers, candy bars, and gum.

Foil made from a thin leaf of tin was commercially available before its aluminum counterpart. In the late 19th century and early 20th century, tin foil was in common use, and some people continue to refer to the new product by the name of the old one. Tin foil is stiffer than aluminum foil. It tends to give a slight tin taste to food wrapped in it, which, alongside being cheaper and more lightweight, is a major reason it has largely been replaced by aluminum and other materials for wrapping food.

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

edit on Mon Aug 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed date per member request

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Steam it or roast it! I used to use aluminum foil to bake chicken but then I started roasting it and it tastes better anyhow. Also I switched to Crystal body deodorant (no aluminium) and it works quite well and lasts a very long time. Check it out!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotAct

At least you are aware, and this enables you to make choices. You are right we are literally living in toxins, eating drinking, breathing and rubbing against them. We can't avoid it all but I think we can minimize our exposure to many of them. My step mom thought I was crazy for not cooking in non-sticking(teflon) pans. She said stopping that alone would not prevent cancer, and I said that I realized this, but by minimizing my exposure to all the carcinogens amongst us, I may have a better chance of avoiding the repercussions.
edit on 26-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What also should be avoided is eating most food you find in most ordinary grocery stores. Most of it contains tons of round up, chemicals, gmo and other hazards. Switch to farmers markets, grow your own, or go to those small organic grocery stores.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Okay, so is it really hot over there, or do you have a lot of alien/haarp activity requiring more frequent wearing of the tin foil hat in England? Maybe a comfy liner would be a good idea.

LOL i were talking about most people on ATS.
Me i am not a tinfoil timothy.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Most of the cheaper cooking pans are made from aluminum which also leache aluminum in cooked foods. There are many alternatives, enamel, glass, iron, take your pick. Not to offend the OP, but I heard this same information in the early 80's. Maybe it's making it's way back around because people didn't pay attention the first time.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

It was also revealed that highly acidic foods wrapped in aluminium foil contained twice the amount of aluminium and that the size of an aluminium cooking pan also determined how much aluminium leaked into food.

Because the acid breaks down the aluminum, leaches it right out into the food. Have you had a can of pineapple stored for a long time? The pineapple juice will eat right through the can. Plus, you can't get over the taste of metal. Glass is best to store high acid foods.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here it is from the 80's.

Health Hazards of Aluminum Cookware | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

Alzheimer's Disease
Consumer concern about the link between aluminum and Alzheimer's disease in the 1980's led to a Food and Drug Administration review of the risks of aluminum cookware. According to Michigan State University, the FDA concluded in 1986 that no information available proved harmful effects of aluminum intake from cookware and other typical daily sources.

Those of us who knew better ignored the fact that the FDA didn't have any studies to support the damaging affects of aluminum. I don't trust the FDA....at all. They don't even do their own studies, they rely on other's reports, many of which are falsified.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Wrapping up all those Thanksgiving turkeys in AL foil every year and cooking them in the oven for Thanksgiving dinner isn't so good after all; looks like someone will have to invent something else for everyone to cook those turkeys in that isn't made of AL foil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join