It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wow they are really flying on in today. Everytime I refresh USGS there's a new red square.

Is this activity above normal?
The 7.4 is interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I appreciate your perspective. It is normal for us to have many earthquakes. Their significance gets overlooked when they happen so frequently.
But being here in San Diego for 14 years I have not seen such a small area of concentration, along with magnitude. Closest I can recall was back in 2010 there was a series of large EQs in Baja.

Three aftershocks with a magnitude of at least 5 have been reported; one at a magnitude of 5.2,[14] one at 5.4,[15] and one at a magnitude of 5.1,[16] all three within one hour. Additionally a 5.3 aftershock hit the region very near the mainshock epicenter on April 8 at approximately 9:44 am local time.[17] There have been at least nine large aftershocks in total.[18] By six hours after the earthquake more than 90 aftershocks or triggered earthquakes between magnitude 3.0 and 5.1 were recorded in northern Baja California and southern California.[19] This included a magnitude 3 event 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) off the coast of Malibu, California.[5] By the early hours of the following morning, scientists had measured 100 aftershocks.[20]

2010 Baja California earthquake

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
El Salvador 7.4... 21 minutes ago! Bang!

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Edit: I see someone already caught it.
edit on 27-8-2012 by intrptr because: Retract

Edit2:Adding website showing location detail. Is this a Tsunmai event? Off shore subduction zone...

earthquaketrack.com...
edit on 27-8-2012 by intrptr because: detail.

Tsunami warning:

ptwc.weather.gov...

ptwc.weather.gov...
edit on 27-8-2012 by intrptr because: Tsunami warning center

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I agree, the swarm in 2010 was similar..the only difference was that one was following a large quake in Baja. This one is kinda random. Larger Eq's 5+ happening after small quakes, usually it's visa versa. I wouldn't freak out about it, but it's always good to be prepared just in case.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A couple of Twitter Feeds to follow:

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Tsunami Warning: Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Mexico
ptwc.weather.gov...

Tsunami Warning Center
ptwc.weather.gov...

...Also Eq's in Iran today?
edit on 8/27/2012 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/27/2012 by Hx3_1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

And these seem to have such a random occurrence of magnitude. Usually as time passes the magnitudes drop and so do the frequency. We are still getting a steady 4.0 or higher.

I would be courious to see a graph of all the EQs in that area.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Observationalist because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
There has been 4 earthquakes greater than 4 magnitude in SoCal since the el savador. Things are really shaking....

Make that 6...
edit on 27-8-2012 by minettejo because: new info

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012
reply to post by Phenomium

Alright. I'm glad we understand each other.

We don't! I noticed that you did not add as "me" a friend, as I did you. Until then, we understand JACK, woman! You don't take an olive leaf from me and then make a salad from it.... you offer an olive leaf back!!! Who do you think I am?
edit on 27-8-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
USGS

One just outside the swarm area.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
*akwarrrrrd*
second line...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
My Earthquake Page for a concentrated overview: realitycheck.no-ip.info...

...and Some Seismograph Pages: realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Has anyone posted this yet?

www.haarpstatus.com...

August 26, 2012

A shortwave that peaked in six hours has just struck Southern Louisiana. This comes around the same time the swarm of quakes started in Southern California as well.

This is the strongest shortwave reading ever in this project, a solid 10.0 over Southern Louisiana.

No doubt about it, HAARP is tuned onto control Isaac

I thought this right from the start and not just California, but looks like that Butane and sinkhole may be one of their targets.

No coincidence IMO.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The people living in that area must be on edge tonight.

The quakes pushed 20 mobile homes at a trailer park off their foundations, displacing the families that lived in them, said Maria Peinado, a spokeswoman for the Imperial County Emergency Operations Center. Sporadic power outages affecting 2,500 Imperial Irrigation District customers also prompted authorities to evacuate some patients from one of the county's two hospitals. Read more: newsok.com...

Pray for their safety.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Has anyone posted this yet?

www.haarpstatus.com...

August 26, 2012

A shortwave that peaked in six hours has just struck Southern Louisiana. This comes around the same time the swarm of quakes started in Southern California as well.

This is the strongest shortwave reading ever in this project, a solid 10.0 over Southern Louisiana.

No doubt about it, HAARP is tuned onto control Isaac

your link is 404ed

Looks like lex luther might get his beach front property if it were to fall off.

Did have a few things sway today but didn't think anything of it.

edit on 8/27/2012 by EvilBat because: fix tag again

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just watched the needle move on the Seismograph [first time for me] @1;29.. but it lasted a long time. I've seen it wiggle before, but this was more than that. I know nothing about this stuff and am only now just beginning to research/study it a bit.. but this is all very interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was looking at it a minute ago, seems these guys took it down. And that makes them look that much worse. This is definitely HAARP.

Pardon me I noticed an error, the "l" didn't get copied in the html. Oops.

I pdf'd it just in case though.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
I just watched the needle move on the Seismograph [first time for me] @1;29.. but it lasted a long time. I've seen it wiggle before, but this was more than that. I know nothing about this stuff and am only now just beginning to research/study it a bit.. but this is all very interesting to me.

i was watching the quake cam on abc live feed and it did resister pretty good and for a long time just a cpl mins ago... but cannot find any info on how big or the exact location???

nm www.data.scec.org... 4 .0 way away from the main swarm area....

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
ok link works with an "l" at the end of it for html not htm

www.haarpstatus.com...

to slow on fingers but gonna still stick with Lex Luther getting beach front property

or al-mars getting back at us for lobbing some stuff at it and spying
edit on 8/27/2012 by EvilBat because: slow fingers and inserting stupid joke

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Im thinking more and more this could be volcanic... to some point... it all seems so weird, with this 4.0 just now well east of the swarm location... is it possible a large pool of magma is pushing up or somehow trying to squezze in between the faults? Something is defin up and i gotta get up for work i na cpl hours! UGH!

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Looks like that 4.0 was upgraded to a 5.2, or it was removed, I think it was upgraded though..

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 27-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join