It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Thought Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
1. We get pancake syrup from maple trees. If we break off a branch and lick the broken end, will it taste sweet?

2. In the water, do crocodiles and alligators chase fish? If not, what do they eat if nothing falls into the water?

3. Fish and animals have been pooping in the oceans for roughly three billion years. How come the oceans by now aren't one big stinky poop infested toilet?

4. How come when good things happen we praise god, but when bad things happen it's our fault?

5. Which part actually carries the information for life: A dormant female egg, or a living male sperm?

6. How come we hate hard, stale bread, but we take soft, moist bread and throw it the toaster to make it crispy?

7. Jesus gave us this one commandment: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul." If this was so powerful then why didn't god add it to the ten commandments in the first place?

8. If the soil contains the same nutrients throughout an entire garden, how come all the vegetables taste so differently? And yet, we all eat different vegetables but our farts smell pretty much the same.

9. When raising a fish from the deepest parts of the ocean, how come they don't explode as the pressure on them becomes less and less?

10. Why is it when my kitchen is full of food I can't find anything I want to eat?
edit on 8/26/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If the oceans weren't full of sea sponges, would they be deeper

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
we're conditioned to be drone-like, content with whatever we're handed because that way we're easily controlled. just look at the past few years in any format of the arts and it's all our fault because we eat it all up proclaiming genius to pure garbage. we need to wake up sooner rather than later because it can and will get worse.

i want to point out the last few years, the youtube revolution, there's tons of stories of average unknown people with extraordinary skill and ability to act, sing.. ect.. discovered and snatched up by the powers that be.. then they're utilized in movies or music.. etc.. and the reason i want to point this out is that the celebrities we worship are nothing special at all so please, Please stop the idol worship because it starts there.

one example that sticks out in my mind is that the 80's hard rock power ballad band "Journey" saw a video of a filipino guy doing karaoke, not 100% sure it was karaoke but i know it was a result of seeing the video on youtube of one of their songs or something and i can't remember fully but i know they hired this guy to be their lead singer and it's been a few years he's been a member of the band i think from around 2007. i happen to love his voice though he sounds just like steve perry and steve was the band so i'd settle for the next best thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wow,what a lot of original ideas.
There is still hope.
Many questions to think about .
Thank you all.

Btw: my computer crashed ,like got thrown on the floor and stomped on,so I'm limited for awhile.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here's a two word thought that just popped into my head completely out of the blue not more than thirty seconds ago.

To my knowledge, nobody else in the world has thought of this.

Carbonized blood.

By carbonized, I mean like how you would carbonize water to make it into soda.

I don't know where this thought came from. I don't know if it's possible, and I don't know what kind of effect it would have on blood.

So there you go.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

You can carbonize blood lol that's not the problem. But you couldn't do anything with it because it would kill you when it hits your blood stream and make your cells explode.

Unless your a vampire and make it into a tasty beverage of course lol

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A very far-fetched idea...but still an idea I guess. It has something to do with souls and dreams.
We have plentiful of dreams but never remember all of them. But I've always wondered if there is one dream that accesses a type of world something like a copy of our world where we all can consider meeting one another whether strangers of friends as if we are all connected within our world. There may be rare occasions where someone of another world may possibly walk into our copy of the world but are most likely going to go there only once in their lifetime.

I also had this idea about soul partners. It's not like finding your lover or anything but that the soul is divided into several parts. When you are asleep, it travels to that soul partner who is awakening from another world far across the universe(or maybe closer than we think). The two of you share experiences together in memory which might be why some people see all sorts of odd memories of strange world when they try to remember past lives. Some of your soul does remain with you which may be why you are in a groggy state at times when waking up. I've heard that people without souls are aggravated and never really too happy from a friend. You could say that the soul takes time to travel and then sooner you feel alright. And when you've woken up from the wrong side of the bed, think of the other person as......attempting an all-nighter and maybe even a few.

Astral projection? I've always thought that counteracted with the idea...but then I thought about how you still have your soul left just not the majority of it. And so you are able to travel because you are much lighter. It came to me in sudden thought when I woke up one morning. ^^ But it does sound a bit crazy doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I also sometimes think that maybe, just possibly, all afterlifes exist.

And i do mean every single one of them in every single religion that is out there.

This idea comes from one single verse in the Bible:

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

If you take this verse in a literal fashion, then it means that other gods exist.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join