It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Thought Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Yeats

Good point.

How about time travel and the possibilities?
I can see going forward,but not reversing time and going back.
Thoughts?

Life is a cycle

THROUGH

winter-time we call on spring,
And through the spring on summer call,
And when abounding hedges ring
Declare that winter's best of all;
And after that there s nothing good
Because the spring-time has not come -
Nor know that what disturbs our blood
Is but its longing for the tomb.

W.B. Yeats
edit on 25-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

The longing for a change in the same ol' same ol'.

Long gone are the days of hunter-gatherers ,these are the days of sloth and gluttony.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

These conspiracies have been around longer than they became a money maker.

It just took some time before some people took advantage of them.

And there are still some things that haven't been covered yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My thought is ,140 years ago did they think this is it ,we have reached the height of our civilization?
Did they think that 1000 or 2000 years ago?
Have we reached our goal yet?
Or,are we on the verge of a new horizon as far as human advancement.

What is the next step in our evolution as a species.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats

reply to post by Yeats

Good point.

How about time travel and the possibilities?
I can see going forward,but not reversing time and going back.
Thoughts?

Life is a cycle

THROUGH

winter-time we call on spring,
And through the spring on summer call,
And when abounding hedges ring
Declare that winter's best of all;
And after that there s nothing good
Because the spring-time has not come -
Nor know that what disturbs our blood
Is but its longing for the tomb.

W.B. Yeats
edit on 25-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

The longing for a change in the same ol' same ol'.

Long gone are the days of hunter-gatherers ,these are the days of sloth and gluttony.

I want to hope that the days of "sloth and gluttony" are but a cycle..

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeats

I want to hope that the days of "sloth and gluttony" are but a cycle..

I believe it is and will change at some point in time.
Maybe in our lifetime,maybe not.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Well to be serious for a moment and answer your OP, I do have a topic that I personally wish to be answered and which is the reason I joined ATS in the first instance - imo, the answer would, by its very nature, pretty much encompass every single conspiracy known to man:-

SPACE ALIENS?, INTERDIMENSIONAL BEINGS?, ANGELS? OR NONE OF THESE? - WHICH ONE IS THE TRUTH?

My journey continues.......

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Time travelers from a thousand years in the future who, out of sheer boredom due to staggering over population and commodity shortages, entertain themselves by coming back here to make us all paranoid.

Well that and, in the future, they've lost the recipe for Taco Bells beef mix and they jones for it.

~Heff
edit on 8/26/12 by Hefficide because: wrong damned emoticon!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ahh yes I forgot the time traveller entity

Mate - you have no idea how close I was to putting that up as my Avatar yesterday - crazy coincidence - blew me away when I saw it just then.

You having wardrobe issues today? - if so I have about 30 rippers that I have been hoarding that would be right up your alley - I can post them on the Avatar creations thread if you wish to go shopping?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Thanks!

My current avatar identity crisis is more a product of boredom than anything else. Slow night on ATS means lots of free time to surf and mess around.

And, yeah, if you want to post them I'll happily check 'em out!

And to stay on topic... Original thought???

Doctor... I think my pop tart is envious of my neck....

Done!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Standby................
Give me 15mins then shoot across and take a look.

On Topic - I'll see your pop-tart and raise you this:-

"Are our avatars a reflection of our personalities or physical appearance or both"?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My original thought;

The way society works. Is it the best system we have? Take away all the greed and the inbalance between the haves and have-nots, and we have a society that works. Everybody does their bit and keeps things going with the money they make and spend, in a cycle of continuation.

Farmers create produce which in turn is manufactured (processing plants, tradesmen, etc), then shipped (transport), then merchandised (reps and retailers), then sold (cashiers). The same goes for any industry, each step of the process from raw material to the consumer keeps different people employed, even though the overlords at the top are the ones who make the real money.

Without this system, what would happen? Would we still be in the dark ages? Would we be as advanced as we are today? Or would we just find another way?

Everyone these days seems hell bent on removing the middle man, the one who does nothing and reaps the reward, but without them, would we even have this system we have today, and would we all be starving or doing just fine being self-sufficient. At the end of the day, you can say what you want about major corporations, but at the heart they do employ local people regardless, which keeps wages and money in local communities, and keeps them from becoming ghost towns.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Standby................
Give me 15mins then shoot across and take a look.

On Topic - I'll see your pop-tart and raise you this:-

"Are our avatars a reflection of our personalities or physical appearance or both"?

No I am not a bald fat guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Time travelers from a thousand years in the future who, out of sheer boredom due to staggering over population and commodity shortages, entertain themselves by coming back here to make us all paranoid.

Well that and, in the future, they've lost the recipe for Taco Bells beef mix and they jones for it.

~Heff
edit on 8/26/12 by Hefficide because: wrong damned emoticon!

That had to be the most original thing I have ever heard of!

Actually I thought of that when I was like 5...

My original thought?

How do people in thought believe things to be true. But when they go outside they are completely wrong and often feel a little dumber.

That's my idea.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

No... not a fat bald guy perhaps... but it does say this right above that...

Shoo Troll Dont Bother Me

Not seeing any irony there?

~Heff

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

No... not a fat bald guy perhaps... but it does say this right above that...

Shoo Troll Dont Bother Me

Not seeing any irony there?

~Heff

What does that have to do with ANYTHING I just see you trying to make up stuff

Im not a troll I don't live under a bridge. Hmm I see only irony on your part because at least my post was on topic unlike this
coming from you of course.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Once your veggies are grown for you, and your meat butchered for you, your house built for you, and so on through all the modern luxuries are afforded, the end is near for your civilization.

We as a species need to spend our time building and supporting ourselves. When we become lazy and dependent, we lose the will to fend for ourselves allowing another more hardened culture to wipe the floor with the fattened civilization.

This is a proven fact throughout history, and it repeats itself over and over no matter what we as individuals do.

Our beloved technology is our downfall as I see it. Since "we cannot live without it" we wont be able to live without it.

Just my original non-sourced thought.

thanks for reading..

~Rev

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy
Once your veggies are grown for you, and your meat butchered for you, your house built for you, and so on through all the modern luxuries are afforded, the end is near for your civilization.

We as a species need to spend our time building and supporting ourselves. When we become lazy and dependent, we lose the will to fend for ourselves allowing another more hardened culture to wipe the floor with the fattened civilization.

This is a proven fact throughout history, and it repeats itself over and over no matter what we as individuals do.

Our beloved technology is our downfall as I see it. Since "we cannot live without it" we wont be able to live without it.

Just my original non-sourced thought.

thanks for reading..

~Rev

I have believed this since day 1.

But people are somehow convinced that technology is here to stay. And therefore take it for granted.

I personally think technology is evil. But I use it because I have to to survive. But when its gone at least I have the knowledge to live without it. Unlike some narrow minded people in the world.

They will never get it will they?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Seems like we have a huge problem in disposing of a variety of by-products of our technology.....nuclear fuel rods.......asbestos......batteries.....electronic components.....tires....medical waste....unruly banksters and politicians......etc, etc. Why couldn't we find an active volcano and start really recycling our trash.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A mind blown...is a mind shown.

Des

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This came from a dream I had a few weeks ago. What would things be like today if, instead of the explosion of technology in the area of computing (internet, cell phones, wifi, etc), we had gone through an explosion of technology in the area of transporation?

In my dream, there was no internet, but everybody had these very lightweight collapsable personal transportation devices. When uncollapsed, the looked similar to a canvas camping stool, with handheld steering "pulleys". Flying one was like sitting in a flying camping chair that you could swoop up and down and around corners.

What if such a world exists in another dimension in the same timeline as ours?

Everything wasn't all bright and cheery in the dream, though. There were a lot of soldiers/armed police around and people seemed to be on some kind of curfew system. Funny thing is, I'm not one of the folks who think a "Police State" is right around the corner, so why I would dream that, I have no idea. Probably too much time reading ATS...

P.S. It was both a bit eerie and at the same time cool to be traveling down the streets, flying along in these little slings, and seeing NO cars on the street, anywhere.
edit on 26-0820128-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join