It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Thought Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Is it possible that that water millions of years ago was "ice locked" and was not able to produce the tides you refer to?

Just look at the tube worms at the bottom of the oceans heated from the earth's volcanic activity.

Do they prove that my "Ice locked" water idea is incorrect?

As far as my knowledge goes: The super tube worms "travel" with the rift vent changes, but do not conclusively rule out my "icelocked" water theory.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
I dont know if this is original but the other day I was thinking about ho we might end up sewing each other together to make one giant person. IDK have millions sewn together to act as the muscles, take even more sewn together to act as the skin have the smartest people in the world in the skull to act as the brain etc etc. Like when organisms evolve to become multicellular organisms. Just think about if we evolve to something like that and start jumping from planet to planet. I thought it was a cool thought atleast

I think that is pretty original in my book.

Like super - organism.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by Yeats

Is it possible that that water millions of years ago was "ice locked" and was not able to produce the tides you refer to?

Just look at the tube worms at the bottom of the oceans heated from the earth's volcanic activity.

Do they prove that my "Ice locked" water idea is incorrect?

As far as my knowledge goes: The super tube worms "travel" with the rift vent changes, but do not conclusively rule out my "icelocked" water theory.

Sorry,changed my post mid ways,was thinking something else.

The ice locked theory is good,but I think the force of the gravitational pull of the moon would over come that.
Just my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
I dont know if this is original but the other day I was thinking about ho we might end up sewing each other together to make one giant person. IDK have millions sewn together to act as the muscles, take even more sewn together to act as the skin have the smartest people in the world in the skull to act as the brain etc etc. Like when organisms evolve to become multicellular organisms. Just think about if we evolve to something like that and start jumping from planet to planet. I thought it was a cool thought atleast

Read the "The Name of the Wind" written by Patrick Rothefuss...

The antagonist of the book have tried this, and it wast pretty...

link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I imagine that would be pretty horrific to be a part of lol. we'll just have to clone them with no brains.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321

The physics of toaster cat?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeats

darn Someone always beats you to the punch lol

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Rationally speaking: The cat would land on his head 50% of the time and on his ass the other 50% of the time.

I know my equation lacks the other variables of the equation, but if the fur ball lands on its back then my toast is #ed, if the furball lands on its feet then my toast is still #ed. At least if the fur ball lands on its ass or head I have a chance at getting my toast back....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

edit on 25-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Which also brings to mind magnetism. Maybe we're on to something kdog. The Gravitic Theory of Free Will or some such.

Hmm,the laws of attraction come to mind.
Become part of something or not..
That would be free will if you have a choice.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats

Rationally speaking: The cat would land on his head 50% of the time and on his ass the other 50% of the time.

I know my equation lacks the other variables of the equation, but if the fur ball lands on its back then my toast is #ed, if the furball lands on its feet then my toast is still #ed. At least if the fur ball lands on its ass or head I have a chance at getting my toast back....

Hopefully hair free.

Pretty good,yeats.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Which also brings to mind magnetism. Maybe we're on to something kdog. The Gravitic Theory of Free Will or some such.

Hmm,the laws of attraction come to mind.
Become part of something or not..
That would be free will if you have a choice.

Please don't let the thread "gravitate" towards the ideals of "free will". Ideas of free will will bring the thread to its knees with religious conitations.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I have an original thought, but it's joke pertaining to the 'ME' generation. So, don't go bashing me for it.

My buddy that drove me to work every morning discovered he had kidney disease. While being treated for this it was discovered that he had cancer. The chemotherapy left him constantly sick. He lost all of his hair. Within a few months he died of a heart attack.

Now I have to find someone else to drive me to work. Why does everything always happen to me?!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeats

Good point.

How about time travel and the possibilities?
I can see going forward,but not reversing time and going back.
Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I have an original thought, but it's joke pertaining to the 'ME' generation. So, don't go bashing me for it.

My buddy that drove me to work every morning discovered he had kidney disease. While being treated for this it was discovered that he had cancer. The chemotherapy left him constantly sick. He lost all of his hair. Within a few months he died of a heart attack.

Now I have to find someone else to drive me to work. Why does everything always happen to me?!

Sick man..Sick

But you got me laughing....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I personally wonder sometimes if the conspiracy theorists are the real conspiracy. I sometimes wonder if they could actually be working for foreign interests to undermine America in really, any way they can. A good example of this is the moon landings are a hoax conspiracy.

I sometimes wonder how much more technology and scientific advancement we'd have if the dark ages never happened.

I have come up with a few completely original jokes too:

1 What do you get when you have a Sister flying at 50,000 feet?

A nun of the above.

2 What do you get when a sister leaves the convent?

A nun the less.

3 What do you get when you have a sister that knows martial arts?

A nun chuck you. (Pun on nunchakus)

And I have one original idea, but it's really more of a fantasy.

You see, there are thousands of coins lost in parking lots and other parts of the country and the world.

So if you had some means of of drawing them in to one location, there'd be mounds and mounds of them.

In doing this you could be a very rich person.

Now, an original idea about Jesus.

i submit to you that he can use sarcasm and can be very sarcastic.

A good example of this is when he says "render unto Caesar's that which is Caesars'."

You see, the most common belief is that that phrase means to follow the rulers of the land and the laws of the land. But I personally don't think it really does. I believe it's a completely sarcastic remark by Jesus.

How I found this out is reading the verse in the full context of the chapter. You see, it tells a parable. It begins with a noble giving a party when a no so well to do person crashed it. He asked for food and other help. The nobles at the party snubbed him and made fun of him.

Jesus came in on the scene and started criticizing the nobles for the maltreatment of the man and for being uncharitable.

The Pharisees had enough of this and tried to chastise Jesus, saying that he should give respect to Ceasar. They showed him some money which had his face on it and tried to convince Jesus that he should bow down and acknowledge Caesar as king.

Jesus threw the coins right back in their face, saying "render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's.".

Which was basically his way of saying the king did not deserve his respect and there was only one king, Jesus.

And this was one of the big things about Jesus that riled the Pharisees to no end. Because they were pretty much bought by the nobles and rules and they loved to pay them lip service. Jesus refused to do, and that undermined their position in society, so they planned to get rid of Jesus any way they could. And you know how that went.

So that's my original idea about a verse that is often taken out of context. You see, that's one of the things many people don't understand is that verses may seem unfathomable, but that's because they're always taken out of context to prove a person's point and to support their interests. If they had actually read the entire chapter, they'd realize that in many many many cases the meaning of the verse changes when it is in it's proper context.

Which is one reason why I usually stay of of Bible quote wars. This isn't always true of course, because some versus are meant to stand on their own. Usually, however, they are part of a larger context which most people ignore.

I also feel like I'm the only one in the world that has had that thought about that verse.

Well, I'm pretty much done. Back to minecraft!

edit on 25-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My thought on all this this is going to kill me and that is going to kill me is,

what if you get hit by a truck and killed.

Life is going to deal out the cards you never liked to begin with.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Yeats

Good point.

How about time travel and the possibilities?
I can see going forward,but not reversing time and going back.
Thoughts?

Life is a cycle

THROUGH

winter-time we call on spring,
And through the spring on summer call,
And when abounding hedges ring
Declare that winter's best of all;
And after that there s nothing good
Because the spring-time has not come -
Nor know that what disturbs our blood
Is but its longing for the tomb.

W.B. Yeats
edit on 25-8-2012 by Yeats because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I personally wonder sometimes if the conspiracy theorists are the real conspiracy. I sometimes wonder if they could actually be working for foreign interests to undermine America in really, any way they can. A good example of this is the moon landings are a hoax conspiracy.

It's a money maker,draws people in.
Why do you think these history and science channels are putting out all these shows on aliens and such?

How much is ats making off of you for your contributions?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join