It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Conclusion Of Ghosts.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

1. Residual energy casing, manifesting in actions by rote...
2. (in the case of communication with same)...Traumatic block at intermediate level...
3. Thought forms interacting with mundane level...

Conveniently skipped over explanation...

A99

You were the one I was referring to explain in a more conventional english way. Not everybody knows what your trying to say and i'm not completely dumb.

1. The soul (for want of a better term) is 'clothed' in layers to deal with transient 'environments'...the physical (our level) has most of them, intact...
Passing, dying, 'giving up the ghost'...drops, and in some cases, leaves behind some of this 'clothing'...it has a memory (of sorts) and can continue to 'haunt' areas where it once was...

2. Some traumatic deaths can prompt or lock, the subtler body at a level still able to interact with the mundane (ours)...thus, communication...

3. When we meet the creators, they will be us!
Thought forms can be created and take on a 'life' of thier own...albeit dumb...they are a distraction...

A99

Thanks for the explanation! But where do you think the soul derives from? Our energy? Or from religion?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here's a great video..

After life

www.youtube.com...

Im a ghost hunter and feel that some of stay around...theres to much evidence that points towards people that were living contacting us once they're gone.
edit on 24-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

1. Residual energy casing, manifesting in actions by rote...
2. (in the case of communication with same)...Traumatic block at intermediate level...
3. Thought forms interacting with mundane level...

Conveniently skipped over explanation...

A99

You were the one I was referring to explain in a more conventional english way. Not everybody knows what your trying to say and i'm not completely dumb.

1. The soul (for want of a better term) is 'clothed' in layers to deal with transient 'environments'...the physical (our level) has most of them, intact...
Passing, dying, 'giving up the ghost'...drops, and in some cases, leaves behind some of this 'clothing'...it has a memory (of sorts) and can continue to 'haunt' areas where it once was...

2. Some traumatic deaths can prompt or lock, the subtler body at a level still able to interact with the mundane (ours)...thus, communication...

3. When we meet the creators, they will be us!
Thought forms can be created and take on a 'life' of thier own...albeit dumb...they are a distraction...

A99

Thanks for the explanation! But where do you think the soul derives from? Our energy? Or from religion?

Big question!
The 'soul' derives from the original Source...we are the tiny flames from that Source conflagration (fire)...
Energy is part and parcel of it all...but that energy becomes more and more subtle, the closer to the Source you are...which is why, when you are a physical being, you bump into walls...but when you are a 'ghost' you can pass through them...or when you 'dream'!...

Religion is a man-made construct...

A99

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I don't know what to think about an ouija board but I don't like it. It moved,I know it did, it was just me and one friend,I know she wasn't moving it,because she was a skeptic. We placed our two first fingers on it and I said if there's anything here,move this and answer this question. Then I asked are you here to harm us and it shot over to the word yes so fast that me and my friend jerked our hands back in terror.
Then we put it away,placed it outside
I then came back to where we had played with it,which was in living room,and I said "if there is any evil here,go away in the name of the Father,the Son, and the Holy spirit.
But then like I said earlier that black figure was in the corner of our room

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Yeah once you encounter one you know they are real. In fact you will be able to tell when you are in a haunted location. You will just pick up on vibes that seem familiar for some reason and you will remember the same vibe from when you saw a ghost or was in a known haunted location. As for me I grew up in a haunted house. Once you know the sensation of being around a ghost you'll never forget it and will usually know when one is around in the future.

There are two types of ghosts in my opinion. and from experience. Residual ones that are like an imprint. I would actually put a lot of poltergeist experiences in this category. Residual haunting's are the most common. I personally believe that some cases where the ghost was deemed intelligent could have been some part of the now deceased persons consciousness imprinted on the location. It may interact with you a little but only to the degree the conscious energy thats been imprinted on the location or object.

The other is from what may not be a ghost but is some sort of entity. These are fully intelligent and may be interdimensional, or some sort of elemental energy manifesting. I believe shadow entities fall in this category. I believe these types of hauntings are more because the location is aligned with some sort of energy portal or field that allows these things to enter our reality. Heck they may even be extra terrestrial visitors from afar. phase shifted to be able to be both here visiting and safe back in their world. Who knows. like the poster before me said huge can of worms your opening.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
i lived in older houses when i was young and a few times things happened that i could not explain by the time i was in my late 20s i lived in a cottage which was over 250 years old & things were weird to say the least nobody would live there well i did < care factor of zero> .
I actually thought i was going nuts but for the dog & cat as they would go crazy too
but they do not believe in some volcano god or read holy books
the only scientific answer i can come up with is everytime water ie a river was near the propertys or radiation from the rock & all times were at the same time of year /fall/autumn ? still none the wiser but the only thing to fear is fear itself ?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

@horseplay. What makes a traumatic event repeat itself? Is it the sudden death? Is it the spirit being mad? Maybe he is too angry to let go?

Does the spirit have a option to stay and seek revenge? I just want other peoples answers before I have my own

well, no one really knows Emperor. I, no doubt among others, believe that the elements that make up nature itself can hold memories and replay traumatic or phenomenal events over and over. Basically, anything that has happened that caused a lot of emotion can replay itself as if it's a recording. It's an odd theory, but so many things in nature surely have a memory. After all they (trees, etc. ) are alive. That is termed a residual haunting, just a playback of events imprinted in time and nature.
a true spiritual haunting has intelligence. It interacts with you in real current time, leaving no doubt it is interacting with you from another plane. If you encounter an angry spirit that 'won't let go', you will know it. If you're new at it you have to open your mind but if you really want to see it, you can.
Lately the veil is becoming thinner between this world and the others. If you think you see/hear/feel something don't blow it off. open up, pick up what you can. you'll be surprised i think.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

very well worded, bassplyr. Some pick up on things, others don't.
My sister surprised me last weekend when she saw an aura on someone. I have seen them for years, and when i told her it was an aura she kind of denied it, not sure of what she was seeing. I'm happy she might be starting to see, i just have to make her realize what she is seeing.
I guess I became 'aware' when i was a teenager. i had several spiritual encounters, both good and bad. as i've gotten older I've became more aware, more open.
just this last week i saw 2 really crazy things. the first I'm sure i saw an entity in the woods, first time i've encountered that. then the next day there was something in my house, went upstairs, even threw a shadow. did not scare me i find it quite enlightening.
you just have to be aware and open i suppose.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

I believe in spirits or ghosts, my four year old cousin can see them,she has spoken with three. One was a little girl in her room that was telling her to do bad things,so my grandma went in her room and said be gone in the name of Jesus and my cousin never saw the little girl again. The second time she saw a guy in a white shirt at her front door and he was asking her to help him.....come to find out a guy wearing a white shirt had just died right down the street from her. The third encounter she had was with an old man she said he kept asking her to come into the house but she told him to go away and he did.
My son has seen a spirit,he was 5 and he pointed behind my friend and said 'who's that lady' and we thought he was talking about my friend and he said ' no the lady behind her,she looks like skeletor'
My encounters have just been voices and conversations....if I'm not crazy!

See I don't want to sound like a prick, but maybe it has to do with her brain chemistry that she sees/hears those things? Could easily not be that. Myself i've thought I heared my name called when to find out nobody called for me. Just a mystery. Does anyone else in that house hear similar things?

Yes, it IS something in her brain chemistry. It is called the Pineal Gland. This is the part of the brain that opens what we call "the third eye". When people open their third eye they can see things beyond the veil that others don't see.
People who see ghosts aren't crazy, they just have their third eye open.
I have seen a couple in my lifetime, and had several more strange encounters, too.
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Do still cameras, video cameras, thermal cameras, and audio recorders also have their "third eye" open? If not, then how can we explain when ghosts show up on these devices?

Obviously it's not about your third eye. The ghost is just there. That's why they're picked up on electronic devices also.

I used to be into paranormal research ages ago. I've studied pretty much every class of haunting and heard just about every ghost story in multiple forms. So, here's what I'm bringing to the conversation.

There's many misconceptions that people make. One is that ghosts are a hallucination or a trick of the mind, or that only "special" people can see/hear them. This just isn't true.

These misconceptions are based on the fact that virtually 99% of ghost sightings happen when a person is alone. This leads to people easily explaining it away as a dream/hallucination/psychic ability, what have you. But what about the other 1% when there's multiple witnesses?

What you'll find is in virtually all cases when there are multiple witnesses, when one person experiences a paranormal event, that all the witnesses will almost always experience the same event. Not just one special person that meditates a lot. But just everyday ordinary people.

Very rarely do you hear about two people standing next to each other and one sees the ghost and the other doesn't. Or one person sees a chair move and the other doesn't and so forth.

Now I don't know what causes "ghosts" or hauntings. I do know just about every theory there is like EMF, bad wiring (old homes have bad wiring=high EMF=old homes are haunted), reflections, residual energy, quartz, bodies of water, storms, standing acoustic waves vibrating the eyeballs, pattern matching, distortions in space time, other dimensions and so forth.

But whatever it is, the ghost is there. Something external to the viewer is causing the "illusion" if you will and anyone, no matter who you are, is capable of seeing it if they happen to be there when it happens.
edit on 25-8-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Well, you could be interested in what the Egyptian book of the Dead says on the Subject.

Link

In that book it details there is a number of elements to a human.

Thus, as we have seen, the whole man consisted of a natural body, a spiritual body, a heart, a double, a soul, a shadow, an intangible ethereal casing or spirit, a form, and a name. All these were, however, bound together inseparably, and the welfare of any single one of them concerned the welfare of all. For the well-being of the spiritual parts it was necessary to preserve from decay the natural body; and certain passages in the pyramid texts seem to show that a belief in the resurrection of the natural body existed in the earliest dynasties.

And it would seem from a lot of the ghost stories I read about they seem to be seeing one of these elements or another. Dopplegangers could be a sighting of your own spiritual body or the double. The sahu or the ka. And ghosts that appear as normal people could fit in here as well.

Then you have the khu which is described as the shining one or the shining white case of a man. Which sounds like the typical ghost.

Also is the khaibit or shadow. Shadow People. What people could be seeing there is the shadow of various people alive or dead out roaming the world. The book says that they can separate from the rest of a man and travel at will.

Perhaps those ancient Egyptians knew more on the subject than people today.

Just a thought for the thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I admit I have never came in direct contact with a ghost. Some say fear may summon. My babysitter used to tell me scary ghost stories and I would hear stories and i'd be terrified. Every night I would be scared(Terrified). Eventually I grew up and I don't fear it anymore but I really don't think fear brings them on, just maybe if they exist there it may strengthen them.
'
I guess I should say I don't know if I believe it ghosts or if it's a mental disorder, but the overwhelming evidence but prove they exist on a certain level.

I think ghosts arn't actually conscious but think of it more as a memory. You're not actually there, but you see what happens and you don't control yourself. Who knows, a ghost may not actually have anything to do with the previous being, but just be there, for no reason at all. No I cannot explain why, nobody can.

What are your thoughts if they exist?

I came across the 'stone tape' theory in the 1980s and the general premise made a lot of sense to me with various materials (stone &c) acting as a 'playback device' of some kind; it might go some way to explaining the 'passive' nature of most ghost sightings. It might be similar to 'poltergeist' phenomena where it takes specific conditions to trigger occurrences (although I think 'ghosts' and 'poltergeists' are very, very different phenomena), but with the stone tape theory a set of specific conditions basically press 'PLAY' on some kind of (non-mechanical) recording.

Also, a few years later on, when I read the Mythago books (fiction) by Robert Holdstock that also had a similar appeal for me regarding the accessing and (re)creation of folk memory &c, where primordial forests were a kind of 'data storage and playback' device.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've only ever seen one, and when you see something close up that exceeds the limits of your own imagination, you either have to believe it's real or go insane.

I guess I should say I don't know if I believe it ghosts or if it's a mental disorder, but the overwhelming evidence but prove they exist on a certain level.

The only reason the medical industry calls it a "mental disorder" if because they are not allowed to admit that the spirit world exists.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
Do still cameras, video cameras, thermal cameras, and audio recorders also have their "third eye" open? If not, then how can we explain when ghosts show up on these devices?
Few people except for the camera manufacturer, and photographic experts have enough knowledge to explain some of the more esoteric things the camera records. And sometimes even embarrassingly simple things are misinterpreted. In one episode of Ghost Hunters, someone was leaning against a locker, and they they walked away. Then the crew pointed the thermal camera at that spot on the locker and the whole crew went nuts when they saw a ghostly image that had a human-shaped outline. It was obvious to me that was the result of the human who was just there leaning against it. Either they are pretty dumb, or they knew what it was and just pretended it could have been a ghost to get ratings....that's about when I stopped watching the show. But I'm sure that wasn't a ghost, because I saw what caused the image...it was the leftover warm spot from the body heat from a human who was just there.

Most people don't have a good understanding of what can cause unusual things to appear on recording devices, so they see something they don't understand, and they jump to conclusions. That doesn't mean they are ghosts, it just means the people operating the devices are not aware of the types of artifacts that can occur from natural phenomena. I was open-minded about the existence of ghosts, but watching Ghost Hunters did more to make me a skeptic than a believer.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

Obviously it's not about your third eye. The ghost is just there. That's why they're picked up on electronic devices also.

I wasn't discussing cameras, if you read the post I was referring to. They said it was all in the child's brain chemistry. So, I responded by posting about the brain, and how it works, not cameras. They never mentioned cameras.

Yes, of course spirits/ghosts can be recorded on film. That's been proven long ago. I have a picture myself of a ghost on film. I posted it in my thread.

And if two people see a ghost at the same time, then yes, they both have their third eye open. You don't have to have your third eye open to hear things like bangs on the walls, but seeing them, communicating with them telepathically, is different.

I have seen many ghost stories where one person saw something the others didn't see. And I've seen stories where they all saw it.
Go read the link I provided in my post to learn more about the third eye.
edit on 8/25/2012 by sled735 because: correction

edit on 8/25/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/25/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Most people don't have a good understanding of what can cause unusual things to appear on recording devices.

Well I do have a good understanding of all the random things that can make a person think they seen a ghost. I mentioned that in my post. Things like dust, insects, IR reflections, image compression, low batteries, magnetic fields, or whatever can screw up your camera.

Since I'm also a programmer that's written video and image compression programs I know exactly the kind of artifacts it creates and what it can't create. That's how I got into paranormal research in the first place. They needed a tech guy.

When it comes to things that can make you see a ghost the list goes on and on. For example, if you see a ghost, get a carbon monoxide detector. Something most people would never think about, but we also had a furnace guy on the team lol.

Your family may not be seeing ghosts at all. They may be being poisoned to death instead. Long term or heavy exposure can cause you to experience all kinds of wacky stuff. High levels were the cause for three cases we checked out. One of those was my own case, so I can assure you, it can make you see all kinds of stuff.

My point was cameras are not psychic and do not have a third eye. The last thing we need is people talking about their "third eye" and other new age crap when there is a chance it's a broken furnace and everyone in the house is slowly being poisoned to death.

But if you think ghosts are never real? And it's always a camera "glitch" or something like that? I just don't buy that in my experience. In my opinion sometimes you just have a ghost on your hands.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I know you weren't discussing cameras because it's probably something you never thought about, but as soon as cameras come into play your theory obviously breaks down and the third eye explanation goes out the window. Cameras aren't psychic.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I've been a ghost, it was cold and a grey haze. "Conscious" while dead, the only sensation you feel is cold.
You can see but have no control.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I know you weren't discussing cameras because it's probably something you never thought about, but as soon as cameras come into play your theory obviously breaks down and the third eye explanation goes out the window. Cameras aren't psychic.

You are missing the whole point! The human brain and cameras are two different things. So, no, my third eye explanation is still intact. The third eye only involves the human brain. Cameras are a totally different source for capturing spirits. Are you dense, or what?!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Two different things that work on the same physics. They capture light in their eyeballs. I just don't buy the third eye thing. If the camera can see the ghost without being psychic. Well it seems reasonable to me to conclude that humans work the same way.

Why we would need to explain humans differently? We don't require a second theory when the first explains all the evidence. There is no point in coming up with a mystical magical method when you don't need one.

From a scientific point of view the better theory explains all the evidence. My theory explains why both cameras and humans can see ghosts. Because they're capturing the light from the apparition.

Your theory requires two complicated theories to explain the same evidence. One is that cameras just see ghosts, but for some unknown reason humans can't unless they have some super magical thing going on. You need two different theories to explain what I explain with one. Any scientist would tell you, if that's the case, then you have the worse theory. Unless you can submit new evidence that my theory cannot explain but yours does?

That's why I just don't buy it. First you should explain why you feel you need two theories in the first place when one will do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join