It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD

Drugs from Mexico imported to Chicago have nothing to do with politics. Say no more..

To think the global drug trade has nothing to do with politics is... I am not sure a tactful way to say it, but it has VERY much to do with politics, and vice versa.

There are too many layers of overt politics, economics, and a political underworld involved to be understood well by the general populace. It is an insidious and self-serving construct meant to perpetuate itself and flourish. Violence and misery are the expected by-products but are acceptable as its economic benefits for those who control a portion of the drug trade are tremendous. Governmental politics are a necessary instrument for possessing that needed control.

Drugs and politics are like cornflakes and milk - A minor commodity without that sea of corruption to float them in.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I don't think they ever had any sense of control, there may have been an illusion, but I feel that even they knew full well just how out of control the world is. No one that is perfectly happy and in control has 10 heart attacks, I'm sure of it.

None of it works, none of it ever worked. They know that, all they could do was hope that no one else ever noticed. I don't think there are any NWO plans and if there are they're shaky at best. Directing a nation, doesn't really happen. As far as the NWO, probably just a ploy to make the masses think their government was run by people that knew how to maintain control, but they don't and never did. Guess what... They are human after all. And the recent shootings... Not planned at all. "Nothing to see here folks, we have everything under control." It's not going to be enough and really it's only making things worse isn't it?

edit on 24-8-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Violent street gangs should be outlawed. They're as bad as organized crime. The police and homicide units can't keep up with all the shootings.

In some places, being in a gang *is* against the law; however, just like many other things being *outlawed,* that doesn't stop people from breaking the law...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
reply to post by LordD

My guess is that the government will eventually realize that gun control will make no difference. One of the things citizens pay them to do is protection. Gun control is not working, what are the "protectors" going to do now?

Maybe we just need a deep thinker... Someone that can really fly outside of that proverbial box.

I foresee an increase in stricter gun laws (not necessarily banning of guns), and an even larger increase in police presence. I mean, they're are already hiring more and more cops out the butt, but pretty soon they'll be on practically every corner. Hello police state. Granted, this *does* make it difficult to commit some crimes; however, police are always *looking* for something, so they will therefore scrutinize everyone just *looking* for some arbitrary law being broken to enforce their authority and bring in $.

My small town has approximately zero violent crime (it's VERY rare), a city population of around five thousand, and two new cops were recently hired bringing the total to 7 or 8.

Along with this have been an increase in police/city corruption, and about the only thing the cops do is write tickets for anything they can to bring in revenue, which is mainly pretty traffic violations. Pretty pathetic, that they ticket a man for "speeding" on his way (late) to church with his family in the vehicle, and just wait for anyone who speeds. They're always there, just waiting.

Back on topic, though: as they say, it's not the legal carriers who are the problem, so outlawing guns will prevent nothing, or at least very little!!
edit on 24-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Like I said... They have no plan, they have no idea what they're doing. Hiring more police, doesn't surprise me that they'd like to act like they have a plan, but all they're doing is hiring less skilled officers. Officers that never really wanted to be a police officer in the first place, but needed a job. I've also heard that the hiring of ex-cons has gone up. There's an ex-con living near me that I'm pretty sure is working for the police these days.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I don't think they ever had any sense of control, there may have been an illusion, but I feel that even they knew full well just how out of control the world is. No one that is perfectly happy and in control has 10 heart attacks, I'm sure of it.

None of it works, none of it ever worked. They know that, all they could do was hope that no one else ever noticed. I don't think there are any NWO plans and if there are they're shaky at best. Directing a nation, doesn't really happen. As far as the NWO, probably just a ploy to make the masses think their government was run by people that knew how to maintain control, but they don't and never did. Guess what... They are human after all. And the recent shootings... Not planned at all. "Nothing to see here folks, we have everything under control." It's not going to be enough and really it's only making things worse isn't it?

Control over every little affair in the entire world? No, I don't suppose there is even an Almighty that has that. There are, however, a number of scams and shady dealings that our fearless leaders and some influential folks behind the scenes have orchestrated like a Hollywood spectacular. International banking is right up there, and is the reason behind a number of recent wars, overthrows, and invasions. In the occulted and undocumented economy there is the illicit global drug trade which, outside and above the street distributors and retailers, permeates all levels of governmental politics.

So, sure, even the best-run corporation with CEO down to line supervisors watching over every production detail can't control every assembler and every nut he tightens down the line, but these interests turn over the profits. There are people planning all the moves, names you don't find on ballots anywhere, but though they may not answer to the name "NWO" doesn't mean they are not making order out of chaos. You don't know them all, you don't even know the names of the owners and boardmembers of our nation's Federal Reserve.

This violence in the streets of Chicago, some claim much of it has to do with drug sales. I claim that is just incidental and acceptable damage to those who control the drug traffic. The top public deception regarding the Drug War is that its purpose is not to end drug traffic but to control drug traffic. In a free and open market those substances are worth peanuts, prohibition gives them their value.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I disagree here. You must realize that those at the "top" are just as human as you or I and like you or I they do not agree with each other all the time or even very often at all. They compete with each other, they all want to be top dog, their worst enemy is themselves. By and large NWO and similar conspiracies are put out there as a means to convince the public that everything is under control, that your leaders know what they're doing. What "they" don't want you to know is just how out of control the situation is, not only in any one country, but in the entire world.

The US military blames the Vietnam failure on the US citizen. They blame the domestic peace movement for destroying their victory and so they turned their guns on the citizens. They keep the citizens in the dark to the cold war that wages behind the scenes, they don't want the citizen to know that the US is always at war so the citizen never gets the urge to protest for peace. They don't want you to know that the threat of nuclear war is a constant threat, that the world of international politics is not nearly as stable as it looks and it doesn't even look that stable. China despises the US and likewise the US despises China, the cold war never ended, Russia may have dropped a peg, but that's it. The world is constantly at war and your leaders have no idea what they're doing. That's the big secret.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Liquesence

Like I said... They have no plan, they have no idea what they're doing. Hiring more police, doesn't surprise me that they'd like to act like they have a plan, but all they're doing is hiring less skilled officers. Officers that never really wanted to be a police officer in the first place, but needed a job. I've also heard that the hiring of ex-cons has gone up. There's an ex-con living near me that I'm pretty sure is working for the police these days.

If you can't realize the plan then you're still thinking to short term. I don't know where you could possibly get this idea that government is randomly doing things but you are in for a surprise. Police state to start then a one world government. A few more events next thing you know police state.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDIf you can't realize the plan then you're still thinking to short term. I don't know where you could possibly get this idea that government is randomly doing things but you are in for a surprise. Police state to start then a one world government. A few more events next thing you know police state.

Like I said, the government has absolutely no idea what they're doing. Think of a chicken with its head cut off and you'll be thinking of something that has a better idea of its future than your government. Come on, it doesn't really get any more obvious anyway, they never have any viable plans and when was the last time you saw the government solve any problems? Problems are never solved because they can't solve them, they don't know how. Good luck with a police state. Who are they going to hire as police for this police state, the citizens that despise the idea of a police state?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I disagree here. You must realize that those at the "top" are just as human as you or I and like you or I they do not agree with each other all the time or even very often at all. They compete with each other, they all want to be top dog, their worst enemy is themselves. By and large NWO and similar conspiracies are put out there as a means to convince the public that everything is under control, that your leaders know what they're doing. What "they" don't want you to know is just how out of control the situation is, not only in any one country, but in the entire world.

The US military blames the Vietnam failure on the US citizen. They blame the domestic peace movement for destroying their victory and so they turned their guns on the citizens. They keep the citizens in the dark to the cold war that wages behind the scenes, they don't want the citizen to know that the US is always at war so the citizen never gets the urge to protest for peace. They don't want you to know that the threat of nuclear war is a constant threat, that the world of international politics is not nearly as stable as it looks and it doesn't even look that stable. China despises the US and likewise the US despises China, the cold war never ended, Russia may have dropped a peg, but that's it. The world is constantly at war and your leaders have no idea what they're doing. That's the big secret.

If those at the top did not know what they are doing they would not have been at the top for so long. If you for second think that their fools you're fooled.you are not understanding once the middle east is under control, America and their allies advantage sky rockets.
Law 21: Play a sucker to catch a sucker. Seem dumber than you mark

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

They are total fools. How many areas of the world have had a history's long rule of thumb? Never get involved in a land war in asia and what are your leaders going to do? Wow. The US is trying to surround China, but China's army outnumbers the US by more than 10-1, trying to defeat China with war is absolute insanity. They don't want their citizens to know much about it because they know if the citizen knew they planned a war with China they'd panic, rightfully so.

The world will be destroyed. China's got ballistic missiles and tactical nukes like nobody's business. The US commanders are completely insane. So are the Chinese commanders.

And if you're in the army. You're the first to go.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I disagree here. You must realize that those at the "top" are just as human as you or I and like you or I they do not agree with each other all the time or even very often at all. They compete with each other, they all want to be top dog, their worst enemy is themselves.

Coke and Pepsi battle-on but they cooperate in their "cola wars." Once in a while one shoots himself in the foot, like with New Coke in the '80's, so that makes your point about them being inept at times, however they are both industry giants.

... they don't want the citizen to know that the US is always at war...

Some people have their suspicions.

China despises the US and likewise the US despises China,...

But they make such wonderful trading partners.

The world is constantly at war and your leaders have no idea what they're doing. That's the big secret.

The big secret is what you are not being told. You probably heard it once or twice but didn't give it much thought.

edit on 24-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Their trade benefits both of them, they are both trying to out maneuver the other. Play a game of Civilization, always trade with your enemies, until the war starts anyway. China has production plants running 24/7 churning out new naval vessels, why would they do that if everything were perfectly fine?

As far as the cola wars, no one cares except for coke and pepsi.

By the by, the owners of coke and pepsi... They have no idea what's going on, they don't know how bad international tensions are.

Hell, I'd try and talk some sense into US and Chinese commanders, but they're clearly both insane.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sorry if I messed with anyones' emotions here and I know it's political crap. Again I apologize.
I # exist here mon!
Bye guys/ some of yall are good people

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

I can't really expound on anything you've said in this thread, because I agree with most everything you've said.

The only thing I disagree with is that not every country in the world is an utter mess . It only seems to be the biggest and most powerful countries in the world who always seem to be doing the dumbest things.

Look at countries like Iceland, Norway, even Germany, and they seem to have a pretty good grasp on things.

That's the problem I think. The good is overshadowed by the bad because the bad gets the most press. The bad is pushed down our throats because, as they say in the media, if it bleeds it leads.

Just goes to show I think that 9 times out of 10, the bigger something or someone gets, the more their ignorance shows because they're more under the microscope. But people seem to equate levels of power with intelligence. I don't know how they come to that conclusion because when you're in a position of power, that's how you got that position......by power. Whether that power was by brute physical force, out thinking someone solely for the purpose of getting that position, or the old standby of knowing the right people. Very seldom these days do you see someone in a position of authority because they've earned it through intelligence. They're out there, trust me, but they're few and far between

And Chicago? How do you get rid of cockroaches? People know damn well how to solve the problem but they don't have the guts to tell our "leaders" that it's okay, take those drastic measures because the end will justify the means. No, they want to keep trying to tweak an imperfect system that obviously isn't working ( 19 shot in ONE night.........again.......and again..........and again) in the hopes that something magical will happen. And people accuse ME of wearing rose colored glasses.

But again, just like the people "in charge", the people who want to do things in a politically correct or "moral" way( As if it's moral to continue to let nights like that happen) are still in the majority. And as the old saying goes........The Majority Rules.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Worker’s death ruled a homicide

galvestondailynews.com...

And another murder..should I start another thread?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

Worker’s death ruled a homicide

galvestondailynews.com...

And another murder..should I start another thread?

Yes, you should dear.

Galveston TX, try to see what he was in a habit of reporting. He might have pissed off the wrong people. If that was the case, you might have a really good thread on your hands.

You're a good contributor here BTW. I like you. When I see some of your posts I try to take the time to read other things you've said. You make sense a lot times.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Thanks my good man. I guess I did get a bit off-topic there, but who doesn't like a little international politics for dinner? At the same time it all ends up being tied together in the end, not on purpose, but I think one reason the US refuses to solve domestic issues is because those issues are partly caused by their war mongering. They need their system to remain as it is in order to continue fielding their militaristic lifestyle and fool their citizens into thinking they're the "good guys."

They do say that absolute power corrupts and that's true, but even to a lesser extent because no one has absolute power, but what power they do think they have has completely corrupted them. I think there's a lot of fear involved too, you know it's not just that someone wants to be a tyrant, but like the bully on the playground they're afraid if they're not a tyrant then they will become tyrannized. I liken the US to Darth Vader, you know he really wanted to be a good guy, but he wanted it so bad that he became the bad guy. I wonder though, will his story be fulfilled some day? In the end Darth was a good guy.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Doesn't Chicago have some of the harshest gun control laws on the books?
How could this possibly have happened? (Sarcasem)

Oh I guess this shooting proves that taking guns away from honest citizens does NOT make them any safer but I am sure the criminals feel safe.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordD

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

www. chicagotribune.com

Nineteen people were shot across the South and West sides from Thursday evening through early Friday morning -- 13 of them wounded over a 30-minute period, authorities say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicagoist.com

So what's your problem??? A million babies are murdered every year in the US.......So your point is????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join