It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by LordD

Drugs from Mexico imported to Chicago have nothing to do with politics. Say no more..

To think the global drug trade has nothing to do with politics is... I am not sure a tactful way to say it, but it has VERY much to do with politics, and vice versa.

There are too many layers of overt politics, economics, and a political underworld involved to be understood well by the general populace. It is an insidious and self-serving construct meant to perpetuate itself and flourish. Violence and misery are the expected by-products but are acceptable as its economic benefits for those who control a portion of the drug trade are tremendous. Governmental politics are a necessary instrument for possessing that needed control.

Drugs and politics are like cornflakes and milk - A minor commodity without that sea of corruption to float them in.

I was referring mostly to the implication of the politics of gun control that were alluded to immediately in this thread. As someone else pointed out, Chicago has very strict gun control laws, which in this case are ineffective.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I use to do volunteer work with a girl friend twice a month but last time we were almost robbed at gun point.

A ex vet stepped in, he scared the guy off.

Both our husbands are now saying, "No more in the city for you two".

As more people are getting laid off, not able to find decent work and all our jobs being insourced and outsourced, people are picking off each other.

All the while the Big S's sit in their gated communities and mansions with million dollars of security.

The wrong people are being picked off.

Some for drugs, some for vendettas all for money.

Things are getting worse in the City of Chicago.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Over the last 30 years, what is the US total death toll buy shootings. public and law enforcement.?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

www. chicagotribune.com

Nineteen people were shot across the South and West sides from Thursday evening through early Friday morning -- 13 of them wounded over a 30-minute period, authorities say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
chicagoist.com

So what's your problem??? A million babies are murdered every year in the US.......So your point is????????

I just wanted to let ats know. Honestly i couldn't agree with you more. But just because a problem is less important doesn't make it any less of a problem

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Over the last 30 years, what is the US total death toll buy shootings. public and law enforcement.?

I dunno, tell us

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
They're really making it soooo obvious that "guns are the problem"
Ignoring the old adage: Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people"

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 3Dplus

That is so true. I was in Hunters Point San Francisco..... A Korean dude being picked on by black people to whom he kept calling the the N word....... They beat him and beat him hard to which he crawled out and came back 10 min later in a stolen car and drove into the crowd. 1981 This happened and at that point I knew that cars would never come with warning labels!

Removing guns will only result in finding new ways of killing the masses. 911 (inside job) is a good example of alternative ways to accomplish the same goals.

OfHumanDecent we need you so STOP what you were doing!!!!

Read this thread with Beatles song "Yesterday" playing in back ground!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hey these are gangbanging pieces of s%&@ shooting each other. This is what goes on in all big ghetto city’s, like Detroit, LA New York. The fact that it is put on the news every day is barack hussien obama's buddy rham is setting Chicago up for his big gun grab. He wants the people to get sick of hearing it, turn around “for the good of the children” and confiscate all the guns from the regular citizens. Then the only ones with guns will be the gangbangers. Only difference is they will drop the attention grabbing headlines everyday of "5 SHOT" "3 DEAD" "TEEN SHOT, and they'll show his 8th grade graduation picture that was taken 3 years earlier but, he's really a 19 year old gangbanger with a rap sheet as long as your arm. It’s all part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So if obama gets reelected, is it sure that he gets a "majority" in the supreme court?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
From where I'm sitting it looks like the US is gearing up to disarm its public for good. I wonder how many gun-loving Americans will give up their arms when the time comes?

Well, despite the bluster and posturing comments I've read on ATS and other forums, my prediction is 99.9% will give up their guns, when faced with lengthy jail sentences if they don't. And I for one can't wait for the day that bill is passed and America's love affair with instruments of death is terminated.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That's ridiculous. The recent shootings are going to force Obamas gun ban bill down the throats of congress. Every time their's a shooting more and more people want to ban guns. I'm just afraid that's what the government wants. With the Aurora, Empire state building, and trayvon Martin shooting they don't have much of a choice. The government is getting put ( or putting themselves) in a corner were they don't have much choice.

www. chicagotribune.com
edit on 24-8-2012 by LordD because: reword

so i ask you...how many people in the united states need to be shot and killed before you would want something done about gun laws?....50,000...100,000...500,000..millions...or maybe what we want our country to become is that everybody that leaves their house has a holstered sidearm and a shotgun, or a rifle for those long distance threats.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It is Election time!
Obama needs a Good speech.
and it will be All about Protecting the people.

OMG! dont fall for that scat!
they will protect you all right!!!
you will live in a police state.

you will lose ALL freedom.
you think China has it bad.
you just wait and see.

you can not say what you like in any public way.
OR to a friend, they will tell the police on you. see posts.
you call the police and they SHOOT YOU!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

Wow, that's just crazy..............I remember a thread from last week some time when somebody who lives in Chicago was saying that there has been over 5,000 shootings in the last 11 years just in that one city.........

Sad man...............

Probably safer living in Afghanistan..............

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gangland - Gangster City (S1 E9) - History Channel
www.worldstarhiphop.com...

To the ones who live in Chicago, it's just another day of shooting.
edit on 25-8-2012 by OrdoAbChao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Arm the civilians.

You don't see this kind of crap happening in Texas, not to this extent. Gang bangers even think twice before pulling a gun here. Chances are the person they try to assault is more heavily armed. ..and that's a fact Jack.

I'm not for gun control, in fact, i'm licensed, just haven't bought my guns yet. Anyhow, I don't think that's the big difference in TX. I think the big difference is way, way, way smaller cities, and lower population densities.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
They must be clinging to their guns and bibles. Oh, wait. It's Chicago. Probably not a bible to be found for miles. And, those guns? I'll bet 99.9% of them are not registered or are stolen, Saturday night specials.

I see Chicago's ban on guns is working out well. In 2010 there were 32,885 traffic fatalities in the U.S. Why don't we ban cars again? In 2009 there were 152 traffic fatalities in Chicago alone. That's about 13 per month.

I'm am certain the Obama administration will use this to justify tighter gun control if not an outright ban on guns. We already know the Constitution is a hinderence to his agenda; that's no secret.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by LordD

I dont know all the facts, but dont you think its strange Chicago goes nuts and then NY today?? Telepathic Link..or The Hive driving people nuts or what??

Read the article: victims were teens; some were shot from cars containing many passengers.
"Gangbangers" probably just another bloody Friday night turf battle in "chi-town".

But yes; I expect people will clamor to beat the "ban Guns" Drum,.
like every time there's "a shooting" publicized in the media.

Lets see:" The second amendment is "outdated";
the fore fathers never envisioned "military style weapons" in the hands of the populace...

The liberal chorus is inevitable;
.Yadda;yadda.
edit on 25-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

That's ridiculous. The recent shootings are going to force Obamas gun ban bill down the throats of congress. Every time their's a shooting more and more people want to ban guns. I'm just afraid that's what the government wants. With the Aurora, Empire state building, and trayvon Martin shooting they don't have much of a choice. The government is getting put ( or putting themselves) in a corner were they don't have much choice.

www. chicagotribune.com
edit on 24-8-2012 by LordD because: reword

so i ask you...how many people in the united states need to be shot and killed before you would want something done about gun laws?....50,000...100,000...500,000..millions...or maybe what we want our country to become is that everybody that leaves their house has a holstered sidearm and a shotgun, or a rifle for those long distance threats.

Screw "gun control"!
I want PEOPLE CONTROL!

( "Nuke it from orbit"); Its the Only way to be"SAFE"

An armed Federal task force pulling "bed check" at 2300hours: (11P.m. for the inexperienced).

You WILL be in your very own" rack" and then mandatory lights out! The nice federal officer will lock your door on his way out.

I say:"Anybody out past 11:00 is up to no good!"WHO'S WITH ME?????????????

Its for the children! You love your kids right?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
From where I'm sitting it looks like the US is gearing up to disarm its public for good. I wonder how many gun-loving Americans will give up their arms when the time comes?

Well, despite the bluster and posturing comments I've read on ATS and other forums, my prediction is 99.9% will give up their guns, when faced with lengthy jail sentences if they don't. And I for one can't wait for the day that bill is passed and America's love affair with instruments of death is terminated.

Yeah take ALL the guns away from people who routinely obey the law! That'll fix it. Sheer Genius

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Because the gun control laws in New York and Chicago are working so well, it would make perfect sense to extend them to other places! Unfortunately I see them trying to push the agenda in the future as well..
reply to post by scorpiosin

Exactly right! I was reading a few years ago that Britain had a bill before their house trying to ban long kitchen knives. Really? WTF!?! That kind of logic serves no one but the criminals.

Read this crazy crap: news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 25-8-2012 by greenie65 because: add link

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join