It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker And I for one can't wait for the day that bill is passed and America's love affair with instruments of death is terminated.

Tell you what... you stay unarmed. Then in the dead of night, when someone breaks down your front door and you know the police are 20-30 mins away, what are you gonna do to protect your family?
Maybe talk nicely to the criminals and hope they don't rape you and kill you?

You're probably saying to yourself, "Well that will never happen." I hope you are right, but if the government does start taking peoples guns, the only folks who will be armed will be the criminals. Then what? Hope the police will protect you? I work in law enforcement and let me tell you...you're living in a fantasy land.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Places where guns are practically banned are having lots of shootings...

Therefore, we must ban guns everywhere...

Can't argue with that logic...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

ummmm....correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Chicago had already banned guns....so, doesn't this go against gun control logic... the war on guns will be as successful as the war on drugs...
besides, the men who come to take my guns are my sworn enemy. one or all of us will die

edit: i thought about it and the above statement isn't entirely accurate..I'm willing to go along with a gun ban if we ban evil first.. make rape and murder illegal then we won't need our guns because criminals would no longer commit these heinous acts..makes perfect sense, right? why hasn't anyone else thought of that?

edit on 25-8-2012 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I don't know about more people wanting to ban guns. Whenever stuff like this happens, gun sales pick up. Whether it is the seasoned gun owners getting more guns before bills pass or people interested in defending themselves, I do not know, but it is a positive sign.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nice to see the handgun ban in Chi town is going well.

Sad state of affairs in this country when honest, law abiding citizens, can't defend themselves with the best available tool for the job. Granted, this story may be different, as it was referenced to warring factions of the Black P Stones Rangers, who are a known street gang.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Must be those damn rednecks again. They always shoot people for crack money in the streets, while strollers stroll and the elderly shuffle

Rednecks to busy making shine and growing weed, Rednecks hunt. And not a one of them knew how to shoot a gun thank god

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wonder how many of these killings have been committed with legally possessed guns, when they implemented the gun buy back scheme in oz, gun related crimes went up, I couldn't confirm if these events were related,
could monitoring the manufacturing and sales of guns and the people whom profit from this more effectively maybe fix these problems?, I think it would, and maybe keeping gun designs more for recreational and hunting, like how many deer do you need to kill in 5 seconds.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Most shooting crimes occur in states and cities with oppressive gun control laws.

We had a home invasion crime in my area a while back. These kinds of crimes are extremely rare here but however, why ever it happened the home owner had time to get and load his AR-15 and 9mm carbine while they were trying to break down his steel door.

Not one of them made it more than 5 yards into the house and he was able to shoot all 4 intruders before they were even able to take a single shot. 2 of the intruders died on the scene and the other 2 are in critical condition. The home owner had taken a tactical shooting course earlier in the year and hit every one of them with double tap shots.
(The two who went to the hospital were wearing kevlar but it wasn't rated to stop the 5.56 rounds. If he'd used the carbine or a pistol who knows). They were armed with sawed off shotguns and some kind of cheap mac-10 clone illegally modified to shoot full auto.

This kind of story is why compromise laws that allow you to own a low caliber pistol but not an assault rifle can and will result in innocent people still being killed. Criminals don't follow gun laws.
edit on 25-8-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LordD

I didn't think conspiracy when the Holmes shooting happened but after all of this...
The recent rash of incidents seems to point to some kind agenda but who knows. the motive is there but the only possibly means would be some kind of mk ultra techniques being employed and I'm still not certain our government is that organized.
edit on 25-8-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I couldn't bear to read all the replies this time of night so I apologize if somebody already said this, but wasn't there something in the alterna-news several months ago about the US government buying up tons of ammunition but keeping it for homeland use? I don't remember the deets and can't form a coherent connection right now (sorry, it's been a long summer) but these bizarre mass shootings seem to become particularly ominous with the knowledge that the govt is stocking up on ammo.
edit on 26-8-2012 by YoungSoul because: Spellcheck changed night to nigh, and I'm not even kidding.

Yes!! Here's the ATS link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-8-2012 by YoungSoul because: Found the link. EUREKA!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I'll keep my gun to defend myself from the crazies like this who will have guns no matter what the laws are.

So you're saying you'll keep your gun no matter what the laws are ?

Doesn't that make you one of the crazies you're describing

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

Originally posted by headorheart
I'll keep my gun to defend myself from the crazies like this who will have guns no matter what the laws are.

So you're saying you'll keep your gun no matter what the laws are ?

Doesn't that make you one of the crazies you're describing

Looks more like someone defending their constitutional right than some coward willingly submitting to unconstitutional law. What's crazy to me is people who unquestionably follow unconstitutional laws enacted by modern era politicians who've had a history of caring less about the people and more about "their" people.

Even more crazier is the people who believe gun control laws work when clear evidence (see exhibit Chicago) shows it's actually made the situation worse. A shame really, who would've expected a criminal to not follow a law, shocking /s.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is an angle to this that people who do not live in Chicago are unaware of -

Most, if not all, of these type of shootings stem from *personal grudges*. It isn't about gangs (although the parties may be in a gang), and it isn't about drugs (although drugs can be involved.)

The root cause of these shootings are personal grudges, arguments, slights, etc. And they are almost always carried out by and involve *young people*. Mostly teens and younger.

Common sense will tell you that drug dealers - who wish to turn a profit and stay in business - are *not* going to go around shooting people and bringing heat on themselves.

I live in Chicago, on the West side, and I watch the local news every day. ALL of this stuff is angry teens. Period.

Who in another place and time might simply get in a fist fight. Or start an argument over facebook because someone mocked their new car rims or looked at their girlfriend.

It is NOT what you think it is.

And - the government here KNOWS THIS too. No one wants to take anyone's guns. They absolutely DO WANT to keep guns out of the hands of CHILDREN. And of course these would be *illegal* weapons as children cannot legally own guns.

*This* is the arms trade they're looking to curtail. No one is going to take anyone's LEGAL guns.

It isn't even really *about guns*. It's about angry, unsupervised kids with too much time on their hands running amok. Just that simple.

And with the older perps and victims - again - 99% of the time there is some *personal grudge* (usually a very petty argument) behind these shootings.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zinky

Thank you. I live near Chi town and I've known lots of people who used to live there. My best buddy (for the past eight years or so) moved to my area in order to find a legitimate job. He'd been selling crack since he was a kid. Never been involved in that kind of violence because a) he never affiliated with a gang, he would just hang out with whoever and b) he's a mostly laid-back kind of guy. (You should see him when his Racist Radar goes off, though. Maybe if I weren't so white I'd have had better luck calming him down. Maybe if I weren't so white I never would have tried in the first place.)

Anyway, here's this guy totally immersed in the drug market, totally divorced from the gang culture. Never had a gun pointed his way.

Me, I'm a bit older and I spent my teen years in the Ozarks. Virtually every male in my school carried a knife at all times. I was more broke than most, so mine was the pocket variety rather than the type that clips on your belt and flips out a single bad-@ss blade. It was sharp, though. It was important that when you compared your blade with the other guy's it was able to shave hair off your arm.

I was once hauled in front of the Principle for chucking a snowball at another kid. Care to guess how many of us were disciplined for carrying knives? That's right, none. There was no rule against that. Did we fight sometimes? Of course, I was in more than a couple of scuffles myself. Just like my friend from Chicago. He's been in some scrapes too. No weapons were involved.

It's. Cultural.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join