It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new abc show "Last Resort" shows USN personnel rebelling against the US government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A new abc show "Last Resort" shows USN personnel rebelling against the US government.

Here is a summary:

The show is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that defies an order to launch nuclear missiles towards Pakistan, a decision that costs the commanding officer his job when he refuses to the orders without an explanation or confirmation. When his replacement also questions the same orders, the vessel is fired upon without warning and the crew are left for dead. Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the fictional island of Sainte Marina, and declare themselves a sovereign nation with nuclear capability. At the same time, the crew must find a way to prove their innocence and find out who set them up so that they can return home to America

en.wikipedia.org...(U.S._TV_series)

In short it's about US Navy personnel rebelling against the US government after the government ordered them to nuke Pakistan

The question is while the average American will keep sleeping how about military personnel?With our federal goverment becoming increasingly despotic I'm sure a scenario like the one Last resort will play out in real life. I mean the soldiers swore an oath to fight enemies both foreign and domestic.

edit on 23-8-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Almost like someone wants to encourage rebellion or plant the seed...

Look up another show called continuum its very similar in that it seems to try and plant the see that corporate government is good, and liberty bad.

Pushing of agendas through the idiot box...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
interesting post, we don't do TV so I can only imagine here.
Is this a set up for a false flag operation?
Is this a set up by Hollywood ?

Lets not forget the direction things are going in and how much Hollywood has played a part in that.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks for making me aware of such a show, genuinely seems like a really good watch.

Here's hoping it comes to the UK, or a good online stream is released.

Although, I cannot see this panning out in real life. If the military or a section of the military tried this, would it equate to a coup d'etat?

If so would the American people recognise their legtimacy? There is no possible way to control places like Texas or Idaho etc without civilian support.

I'm also sure any renegade ship would be quickly blown to kingdom come.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Sounds like a really bad version of the movie Crimson Tide. How are they going to claim to be nuclear capable with a half sunk Ohio stranded on a beach. Not like the US would simply send in a team to repossess the sub and the dissident crew ending the show after its pilot.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
\\\yet the very plot reeks of propagandising the minds of the TV crowd....
Setting the scene possibilities and getting them accepting the scenario makes real life manipulations much easier....
Obviously Hollywood and the feds are in it together....alomg with the rest of the NWO crew....the movies we see are the brainwashing of America(the world really)
the NWO does not miss any opportunity to plant these seeds......

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Possibly, the title of the show has more to do with the writer's abilities to remain employed. The plot doesn't make any sense at all; who relieved the CO and why did the CO permit it if it was the result of an unauthorized weapons release order. If the order was refused and it was not valid, how would attacking the sub do anything and who would attack it? A beached sub is an easy target so why would anyone allow it to remain untouched?

I'd say the writers of this show picked the appropriate name in their desperation to stay out of the unemployment line.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Pushing of agendas through the idiot box...

I would agree with you when it comes to Hollywood. It seems that whenever there is a war, or plans for a war, Hollywood seems to have a whole line of "War Hero" movies ready to release. I believe that the US Gov uses propaganda methods to hype-up the national pride when they want to go to war, and that they use Hollywood as a paid tool to push through their sentiment and gain public backing.

But when it comes to TV shows, I think the studios are simply following public sentiment.

After all, they need to produce something that people want to see, they need the money from advertising. Hollywood just needs the money from ticket sales.

So, I believe TV more accurately reflects the national opinion. After seeing the increasing protests, and the continued decline of the economy, they see that the people are becoming restless and critical opinion of government is rising. TV reflects that because they know more people want to see that story being played out, they get higher ratings, and they make more money through advertising.

I see it as a good thing, because it increases the sentiment among the masses that something is very wrong and needs to be fixed. Screw Hollywood, they'll just produce crap until the cows come home. But TV as a stake in pleasing their audience and giving them something that they can relate to. That increases awareness, and it increases the chances of change.

It sounds like an interesting story too. I just hope it doesn't do what a lot of other US shows do and fade out of the high-impact drama and into monotony.

People got into Lost because of the high drama and visuals, it faded and people became bored. Jericho started out really well, but they lost that element of drama and visuals after the first show and it faded out. The Walking Dead has done better to keep the dramatic alive, but even that's becoming a little mundane.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
500 feet beneath the ocean's surface, the U.S. ballistic missile submarine Colorado receives their orders. Over a radio channel, designed only to be used if their homeland has been wiped out, they're told to fire nuclear weapons at Pakistan.

Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) demands confirmation of the orders only to be unceremoniously relieved of duty by the White House. XO Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman) finds himself suddenly in charge of the submarine and facing the same difficult decision. When he also refuses to fire without confirmation of the orders, the Colorado is targeted, fired upon, and hit. The submarine and its crew find themselves crippled on the ocean floor, declared rogue enemies of their own country. Now, with nowhere left to turn, Chaplin and Kendal take the sub on the run and bring the men and women of the Colorado to an exotic island. Here they will find refuge, romance and a chance at a new life, even as they try to clear their names and get home.

beta.abc.go.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

With our federal government becoming increasingly despotic I'm sure a scenario like the one Last Resort will play out in real life. I mean the soldiers swore an oath to fight enemies both foreign and domestic.

This TV show "Last Resort" is on-point.

Just yesterday a video came to light in which a member an influential pro-Israel think tank has brazenly suggested that the United States should launch a false flag provocation in order to start a war with Iran. In this video the former IMF/Wold Bank adviser makes the following statement:

One can combine other means of pressure with sanctions. I mentioned that explosion on August 17th. We could step up the pressure. I mean look people, Iranian submarines periodically go down, some day one of them might not come up, who would know why? We can do a variety of things if we wish to increase the pressure... We are in the game of using covert means against the Iranians. We could get nastier.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Then he goes on to say, "I'm not advocated that." However, he is doing exact that. He says "we need to step up the pressure" in the context of listing previous false-flag events which lead America to war in the past. This dude is clearly saying it is time to provoke a war with Iran, (and his "last resort" would be to stage an false-flag event) because that would be good for America.

Excuse me, but I don't see this a good thing for America or anyone anyone.

I think it's interesting that even a few months ago people were saying that Alex Jones others on this board like him were tin hat wearing paranoid crazy because they pointed out the false flags of the past, and now we have people in think tanks openly telling everyone that we need to create a false flag so we can go to war with Iran. So it looks like all those "crazy" conspiracy theories are being proven correct. And this is why shows like "Last Resort" are being produced, the cat is out of the bag and people are waking up.

I just have to laugh at people who think the US is above "false flag" operations, disinformation campaigns, extraordinary rendition flights to secret prisons in Eastern Bloc countries, torture at Guantanamo Bay, political assassinations, and any number of other morally problematic methods to achieve the CIA goal of endless war. The real world is a bit different from the average American suburb and most people would be shocked to know the truth. Video's like this give us glimpse behind the curtain and reveals the "group think" going on in Washington D.C.

edit on 27-9-2012 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Get People to "think" it, especially the Military, and you have yourself a convenient Problem, to fix.

Hey?

Never let a good crisis, go to waste, even a made up one.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Predictive programming...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueDawn
Although, I cannot see this panning out in real life. If the military or a section of the military tried this, would it equate to a coup d'etat?

You mean like the coup that took place when the Department of Defense, CIA and BushCo did 9/11?

For those that are interested, you can watch this show on the Internet. If I remember correctly, I saw it on Hulu (haven't had a TV in years).

top topics

join