It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion from a mans point of view

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12
[more

I'm not going to tell you how to conduct you private affairs. Why can't you extend that courtesy to others.

You now not making any sense.

You more of name called than disagreed with me. You told me to stay out of the affairs of others yet the thread is about the male opinion. You called me a religion that I am not, called me a fool and stated that I was trying to play God.

Your opinion on the subject is welcomed but your insults are not.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EndlessFire

Don't be such a drama queen! It's not a child at conception and during the early stages of development. At best, it's a potential child who you have never held, looked up or developed any kind of bond with.

Man up and grow a pair, lord know women have had to!

Why would you be with a woman who doesn't want your child in the first place. Isn't that your fault? Do you think that just because she agreed to have sex with you, you can force her to have your baby?
edit on 23-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I was 19 when I got my partner at the time pregnant. I was scared, scared of being a parent, scared what my parents would say.

I tried hard to convince her to have an abortion an she refused.

My son is 13 this November, and I hate myself everytime I see him for even suggesting to her that she should abort.

I love being a parent, heck, my mum loves being a grandma

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You do not have to be religious to cherish life. I'm a Atheist as well as a Microbiologist, i know the potential of a single cell of an organism, it can cause you skin to rot or it can cure cancer.

For those those keeps quoting adoption.. what if i want a child with my and my partners genes?

if you are worried about overpopulation, why don't we massacre bunch of people? are they suppose to be more alive? what is the difference between a fetus and a 1 yr old baby?

Also i agree with whoever said that the if men is not going to be involved in whether the child is born or not, then he should be exempt from paying child support.

If its not a 2 person decision making at the start, then it stays as one person decision making for the rest of the life whether you like it or not.
edit on 8/23/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You can say that not one of the abortions performed in at least the USA was because someone didn't want to 'ruin their body', you know like the poster I was replying to? You know what was on everyone's minds when they killed their offspring?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Also i agree with whoever said that the if men is not going to be involved in whether the child is born or not, then he should be exempt from paying child support.

That was me

My wife also shares this same belief. It is only farir that if the woman has a choice in the child's life that the man should have a choice as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

embryo, fetus, newborn, toddler, adolecent, teenager, adult, What is the one thing all of these have in common? They are human. So you didn't love or care what happened to your offspring until the second it was born?

And for the men who claim they don't care that someone abort their offspring? You should never become parents.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndlessFire

But the father should be held responsible for getting my body back to the way it was, pre-twins.
reply to post by Sulie

Was this rape or did you know before having sex that pregnancy was possiblity?
Would you kill your unborn child because stretch marks are ewww?
edit on 23-8-2012 by EndlessFire because: (no reason given)

It was rape by my husband, and yes it happens.

Would I give up my twins to avoid the stretchmarks I now have. Nope. I raised them all by myself, and that I clan claim as a victory.

My stretch marks are my battle wounds.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
It is the women's body yes... men can't, and shouldn't, be able to FORCE an abortion on any women .

But they should be able to "force" the women to keep the baby.

I always thought it is a healthy compromise. And EXACTLY the rights women have, am I right?

I hate lib, conserv paradigm nonsense but in an equable society shouldn't a man have a say in the life of his possible child?... Not forcing abortion on women but forcing life for babies...

Forcing anything, whether it pregnancy or abortion is no man's, and no one's right to say other than the woman involved.

As illustrated in some other's previous posts, you do a few minutes of of leaking fluid, and this somehow makes you King of the World with the power to order someone to suffer, risk their life, change their body drastically in the short term and in many ways forever as well, plus potentially sacrifice career, income, time, and over all general quality of life for the next 18 years?
All because you leaked some fluid after a few minutes?

I don't think so.

Sure, the goop gun should be entitled to as many words as they can fill into the span of time it took them to leak their fluids, whether that's a few minutes or more, but, beyond that; nope, nuh-uh, no way.
Girl has to deal with the product and consequences of your few minutes of gooping forever after.
It's her say.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

So it's "my body, my choice" concerning abortion, but "you have to support your child" when it comes to child support? It sounds like a dichotomy to me. If the male has no right to get involved with the abortion because it is not his choice, then logically that should apply to the next 18 years as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Pregnancy can and does ruin women's bodies. Their bones, their hearts and kidneys, just to mention a few reasons why a woman might choose not to continue a pregnancy based her "bodily" concerns.

Women are not property of their sexual partners and have compelled responsibility to carry and bear his child. If you have sex with a woman who doesn't want your child that's your fault! You should have solidified that agreement before you planted your seed.

edit on 23-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I sure never did care about all the fertilized eggs that never were able to implant in me, due to the years and years of being on the pill.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

If its not a 2 person decision making at the start, then it stays as one person decision making for the rest of the life whether you like it or not.
edit on 8/23/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Not going into the aspect that it's still a woman's body and still years of her life beholden to another living being, you cannot give the choice to men of paying child support in the case whether a woman has "permission" to abort. If you do this, a large majority of men would simply say they didnt want their child and would not pay child support. You're going to have to look at this one from a different angle.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I really hate the term pro-abortion.

It's called pro-choice, there is a difference, but not to a pro-lifer's mind.

I really wish they'd stop using that term.

They use that term because while they may or may not agree with abortion personally, they do not feel that they should have the power to make that decision for someone else.

That is the concept pro-lifer's do not understand, due to the fact the concept of self-determination escapes them.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You seem to be confused, I have been pregnant three times and given birth twice, I am a female. And the fact that if a man should have kept it in his pants if he didn't want to be a parent should also be applied to a woman. If she can choose whether or not she wants to be a parent after pregnancy occurs then he should be able to as well.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by JIMC5499

Yeah let her pay for abortion that she discussed with her girlfriends instead of the boyfriend who got her pregnant.

You got the first part right, but, instead of the boyfriend who got her pregnant, how about the husband who never knew that she was pregnant until he got the bill for the abortion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

Then he should be forced to pay for the rape.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_within

If the men you are talking about say they don't want the children she still has a choice to be a parent or not, she can abort or give up for adoption.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think its hard to understand the mental, physical, and emotional implications of having the ability to create life as a man. Its a responsibility and burden and gift we can never completely understand.

With that said. I know from my experiences that women tend to make more emotionally thought out decisions, decisions they came to from feeling it out, and going from there. I trust that any woman who has thought it out, and would prefer not to have a child, should have that right. Because the alternative is a woman raising a child she doesn't want.

This decision is so personal and is such a large decision, it should be left to the woman to decide in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndlessFire

If she can choose whether or not she wants to be a parent after pregnancy occurs then he should be able to as well.

How, by force?

Not all sex is about procreation. We don't live in the middle ages any more. Having a family isn't forced upon us anymore. If a man wants a child, he needs to plan for it. Have a job, find a woman who is willing to give him a child, and then save up a bunch of money! He needs to help decorate the nursery, take Lamaz classes on Yoga mats, and make midnight runs for chocolate ice cream, tacos and hemorrhoid cream.

We can't expect social norms to just change because some think sex should be for procreation, when sex for entertainment is so prevalent.

People are so quick to judge China's policy on 1 child, but if you save enough money, about $20,000, then you can have another child, all paid for by the Chinese gov't. The first child is free. That includes medical, housing and education. Here in America is costs of $250,000 to raise have and a child.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Social norms change all the time.

If you would like to have sex for entertainment proposes only, then take the proper precautions. If those precautions do not work then take the responsibility.

If the father does want the child, then yes he should decorate the babies room, and go out for ice cream. That is something any father should do for the mother of his child.

I just don't see the maturity of aborting a child because you got entertained and the outcome wasn't what you wanted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join