It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else worried about Göbekli Tepe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Anyone else worried that if something wild and game changing is found it could be suppressed?
I think there should be a whole world wide committee overseeing the dig.

It is, as they say the most profound site found EVER!

I mean it seems like that German guy and the Turkish gov are doing a good job, but it
needs extra protections.

Even how they are already labeling it "The First Temple", "Worship" etc..is a bit off putting to me.

Like they are trying to make sure it gets interpreted the way TPTB want it to be.
edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: to add more thoughts.

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: grammer

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
No, you might be one of the few who's worried.

What exactly would be "game-changing" to you?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by butterflyowl

You usually provide a link for the "not in the know" on subjects of discussion, so everyone can be on the same page.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

But hell why not help a new guy out a little, this is a cool subject for discussion.

Also op just out of curiosity, why would they need to suppress somthing so insignificant? It isn't like they found flying cars, or anything resembling modern era tech so far as I know of.

I starred you, your flag depends on your answer.
edit on 23-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

So you're not even worried about looters?

Game changers...well seeing we are on a UFO'ish site, that might give you a hint as to some
of my thoughts. :

But like finding out why they took at least 70 years to bury it, like pictograms showing "Run
Away from Agriculture"!, "Go back to the Garden"!

I'm a Primativist and I hope it shows evidence of Mr. Zerzan's theory where he thinks that humans might have tried out city living then give it up when they see it's non sustainable, a few times throughout prehistory.

So my bias is to look for what I want to find and I think Pro-Civ people are biased too.

I think we need as many hands on deck as we can get with this site.

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: take out emoticon

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Göbekli Tepe is "unbelievably big and amazing, at a ridiculously early date," according to Ian Hodder, director of Stanford's archeology program. Enthusing over the "huge great stones and fantastic, highly refined art" at Göbekli, Hodder—who has spent decades on rival Neolithic sites—says: "Many people think that it changes everything…It overturns the whole apple cart. All our theories were wrong."
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Thanks for the link. I got a bit hurried...this is my very first thread

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: sorry dont know how to embed links

edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: ad text from link

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Maybe that's what the OP means....what if they did find flying cars? Would they tell us, who would protect the site and the findings?

Is that what you meant?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

More proof that everytime scientists are sure of something...they will probably be found wrong later on!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
There's hardly been any coverage of the Bosnian Pyramids, the oldest and largest pyramids (openly) discovered... and hardly any coverage of the chamber found underneath the Sphinx in Egypt, nor most of the amazing archaeological discoveries of recent times whose acknowledgement would threaten the narrow minded scientific views of the establishment, this stuff gets tossed under the rug all the time for Justin Bieber or whatever the hell they call "news"... it's the way those in control want it.
edit on 23-8-2012 by tbizzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for the replys guys!

From what i understand there are at least a few levels to all of the 20 round buildings and they have only started digging into three out of the twenty structures...so there is so much more to find.

Mr. Schmidt says he thinks they will find burial chambers under them.

Here is a nice radio interview with the head archaeologist Klaus Schmidt.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-8-2012 by butterflyowl because: to be more clear

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

yes, agreed! they like being "right" though.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Ya op I noticed it was your first, perfect quote BTW, good point. It is potentially world changing, I have learned over the years though to await the " WORLD ALTERING NEWS" though, a lot of potential things turn out to be less than advertised.

Just my natural skeptiscism though.

You earned your flag from me, good thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Thank You!
But the only way i'd be let down, even if they quit digging right now is if the dates turn out to be wrong.
Other than that, it's already blown my mind.

BTW, hope I didn't turn ppl off with the Anarco-Primitive talk!!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Thanks for all the links to this story.... I personally have no idea what your talking about so I google the info...great informative thread....just peachy

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I still fail to see where the conspiracy theory comes in there, why should an archeological site, even as significant and exciting as Göbekli T. need constant overseeing..what should be "suppressed" and why?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Thanks.Very kind.

I should have started with some background.

>Started building it 11,000 years ago

>7,000 years older than Stonehenge

>Hunter-Gatherers/Cavemen/Ice Age tribes should not have been able to do the high level of carvings of animals and in general the huge stone masonry.

>Seems like the tech just appeared out of no where...pre-pottery!

Primitivist want to go back to Hunter-Gatherer ways.
en.wikipedia.org...

I, as a Primitivist see this as a potential proof that human groups can and do reject "civilization". because of the way they buried the complex and quit using it for worship, law teaching, indoctrination, large scale rituals, etc.

Many conspiracy theorist and UFO buffs believe that we humans were given knowledge WAY before the mainstream theories believe. See Ancient Alien Theory, Van Danickan's "Chariots of the Gods" (i'm on the fence)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I do understand where you are coming from with this as I have touched on it on another thread (which I started) and on other posts.
Gobekli Tepe is something that was built way before 'God created the heavens and the earth' so obviously poses a problem to those with strong religious beliefs. Although I am one who has never 'found the faith' I am an admirer of those who have as, to them, it is everything. To most of them their religion is their rock, their faith, their belief and everything they live for and places like Gobekli Tepe are disturbing to them. What if irrefutable proof was found amongst these buildings that Extra Terrestrials had indeed visited this planet and Genetically modified us to become the beings we are today? There would be pandemonium throughout the world! Would it not be better to just 'tone down' the discoveries somewhat and just allow enough to leak out for Georgio "The Hair" Tsoukalos to shout "Aliens" in his own inimitable way leaving the discovery open to derision?
Whereas we have much to learn from ancient monuments and buildings there has probably been discoveries that may be best left alone in the volatile world be live in, for the time being.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Awesome thread! I love hearing about old structures, and I too feel that the mainstream news and the powers that be, suppress information on our past. Not just this structure, but a lot of ancient structures they can't explain how they were built, hopefully one day we will get to learn the truth and I hope we hear more on this excavation!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger

I do understand where you are coming from with this as I have touched on it on another thread (which I started) and on other posts.
Gobekli Tepe is something that was built way before 'God created the heavens and the earth' so obviously poses a problem to those with strong religious beliefs. Although I am one who has never 'found the faith' I am an admirer of those who have as, to them, it is everything. To most of them their religion is their rock, their faith, their belief and everything they live for and places like Gobekli Tepe are disturbing to them. What if irrefutable proof was found amongst these buildings that Extra Terrestrials had indeed visited this planet and Genetically modified us to become the beings we are today? There would be pandemonium throughout the world! Would it not be better to just 'tone down' the discoveries somewhat and just allow enough to leak out for Georgio "The Hair" Tsoukalos to shout "Aliens" in his own inimitable way leaving the discovery open to derision?
Whereas we have much to learn from ancient monuments and buildings there has probably been discoveries that may be best left alone in the volatile world be live in, for the time being.

I for one am ready for any knowledge that has been placed on this earth to be shared. Good or bad I am ready and will choose myself whether or not I am ready. I do not need to be babied. The sooner people grow up and own the truth the sooner they will be free.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tbizzle
There's hardly been any coverage of the Bosnian Pyramids, the oldest and largest pyramids (openly) discovered... and hardly any coverage of the chamber found underneath the Sphinx in Egypt, nor most of the amazing archaeological discoveries of recent times whose acknowledgement would threaten the narrow minded scientific views of the establishment, this stuff gets tossed under the rug all the time for Justin Bieber or whatever the hell they call "news"... it's the way those in control want it.
edit on 23-8-2012 by tbizzle because: (no reason given)

Read this:
Bosnian Pyramids

What was discovered was a "pyramid" shaped hill. There are countless of these throughout the world. That's why there isn't any coverage. NO CONSPIRACY

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butterflyowl
reply to post by Consequence

So you're not even worried about looters?

Clearly, that applies "all" sites and wasn't the topic.

Game changers...well seeing we are on a UFO'ish site, that might give you a hint as to some
of my thoughts. :

What is UFO:ish about the site?

I'm a Primativist and I hope it shows evidence of Mr. Zerzan's theory where he thinks that humans might have tried out city living then give it up when they see it's non sustainable, a few times throughout prehistory.

So, when it turns out not to confirm that, will you give up your thoughts?
If not, what will?

So my bias is to look for what I want to find and I think Pro-Civ people are biased too.

"Pro-civ"? How is that even a ... "thing"?

I think we need as many hands on deck as we can get with this site.

Nah, I think we'll do just fine with the force that's there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join