It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover spots mysterious 'UFO' zooming across the red planet's horizon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I have not heard of any self-healing pixel technology, have you?

I imagine that there's some way to flag the bad pixels and from now on any image that you get would substitute an average of all the surrounding pixels in its place. Sort of like automatically applying the Healing Brush feature of Photoshop to the image. Of course, if a UFO alien decides to keep hiding in that exact pixel spot, we'll never detect it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UDHR19
Proper debate and research doesn't seem foolish to me. There is no conclusive evidence of extra-terrestrial life that we know of, nor is there conclusive evidence that there isn't.

Of course. But you also know, particularly if you've spent any time here or other forums like it, when the wall of proper discussion, debate and research is well and thoroughly crashed into. Then it would be nice if all parties involved just shook hands and admitted that there is no additional evidence, and any claim of definitive "proof" of ET life has therefore failed. But I find that rarely happens. Usually a person rudely persists in promoting their failed claim, and the communication becomes increasingly annoying and pointless. And at that point, there's no need to continue being nice. To hell with them.

Also, hopefully you understand that "no conclusive evidence of ET life" carries more weight than "no conclusive evidence that there isn't." They're not equally promotable/defensible. Whenever there's a debate about the existence of something, proof of existence trumps everything. But until that proof of existence is found and agreed upon, non-existence is the default. When it comes to existence, the rule is "put up or shut up."

What do you mean by "all that other stuff"?

You know, respect for other people's obviously stupid opinions, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Wild claims go alongside everything else. Betty and Barney Hill are right there in the wild claims, and encompass all that you say, trouble is, there is nothing absolute to disclaim anything they said. I do agree with being open minded though.

Sir Bernard Lovell always maintained that anyone from another planet could not be an Earth visitor, and he was a physicist, as well as an astronomer. Carl Sagan took a different view, in that "extraordinary claims demanded extraordinary evidence" all good and nice, but as far as I know, neither of them spoke to either of the Hills. All dispassionate stuff really.

I never try to dispute someone's personal testimony as long as they admit that's what it is. As far as I know, the Hills believe they experienced exactly what they testified to. I don't think they were lying, and even if they were, I'd have no way of knowing that. However, just because they believed something to be true doesn't mean they were right. With no concrete, verifiable evidence to support their story, I don't have to believe it. I can acknowledge it, but that's all. With no evidence, and since I wasn't there, I'm perfectly comfortable admitting that I simply don't know exactly what happened. I don't know. That's not the same as agreeing that the Hills were abducted by aliens, although some people don't see that distinction.

A bright blob or speck on a photo? If someone tells me that's a alien ship, that's an opinion. Anyone claiming that it's a fact is simply wrong. Anyone who refuses to accept that is just an idiot. And over the years, I've really gotten tired of idiots.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The video is amazing! What the heck is that? Probably one of the most interesting UFO videos I have ever seen. There's something up there on Mars! Cool!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

UFO in Recent Mars Image

Could this be the same two objects on a different image? Or a video artifact on the same camera?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1pirate

UFO in Recent Mars Image

Could this be the same two objects on a different image? Or a video artifact on the same camera?

I rarely give much credit to "ufo" pictures of the rovers, but that one is nice.
The "thingy" seems to have volume, doesn't look like a "bad pixel"
But, besides that, I have no idea what it may be. (maybe one of the smaller moons?)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by 1pirate

UFO in Recent Mars Image

I rarely give much credit to "ufo" pictures of the rovers, but that one is nice.
The "thingy" seems to have volume, doesn't look like a "bad pixel"
But, besides that, I have no idea what it may be. (maybe one of the smaller moons?)

Dust? Perhaps?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have also observed a light against background of a mountain from curiosity pictures.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0pass
I have also observed a light against background of a mountain from curiosity pictures.

It's very hard to see anything in that image.

It would be helpful if you told us which sol and which camera that is from. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

It would be helpful if you told us which sol and which camera that is from. Thanks!

The original image is from Sol102 or Sol103 pano

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

The original image is from Sol102 or Sol103 pano

I couldn't find that image on sol 102 or 103 that matched your image. Can you tell me which camera (they look like they are from one of the two Navigation cameras (right and left NavCams).

In any case, I found something similar on the right NavCam igaes, alwways in the exact same plce in the fram, no matter what is in the picture. Therefore, I think the thing I see is a "hot pixel" or a "dead pixel", such as seen in this GIF I put together of thre images:

(the GIF needed to be cropped to be the proper file size for linking here in ATS...the actual full images I used are linked below the GIF)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join