It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover spots mysterious 'UFO' zooming across the red planet's horizon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was reading the Daily Mail this morning and came across this:

When Curiosity first touched down on Mars, Internet pranksters were quick to mock up photographs of alien life on the alien landscape.But it seems Nasa has itself captured something very strange on camera, including a strange white light dancing across the horizon of the red planet, and four blobs hovering in the sky

While the images are certainly a curiosity, Nasa and photography experts insist that these are nothing more than blemishes on the images, picked up by the camera lens sitting on the rover at a distance of 350 million miles away.

So far, Nasa has not commented on any of the strange sightings, but alien hunters have suggested these are alien ships monitoring our baby steps into the universe.

YouTube user StephenHannardADGUK, part of a group called Alien Disclosure UK, spotted the anomalies on the NASA images, publicly available on the space agency's website, and applied a series of filters to try to shed light on the mystery.

Now it very well could be UFO's hovering around Curiosity and checking out what he's doing, but most likely its probably just a glitch. What do you guys think ?

Mars UFO
edit on 22-8-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
cool find, I saw some sort of orb too on the live feed when curiousity landed safely.

edit on 22-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thing is, when disclosure happens will ppl be able to defend NASA?

Like will NASA have a spotless record with no evidence that they lied or played down / damage controlled any hint of Alien life?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Could be a bug....
Now wouldn't that be interesting.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
Thing is, when disclosure happens will ppl be able to defend NASA?

Like will NASA have a spotless record with no evidence that they lied or played down / damage controlled any hint of Alien life?

Im honestly hoping that something touches down about 30 ft away from Curiosity and that way there will be no way of denying that something is out there.

My first thought was it was some sort of comet flashing by but the way its described as a bobbing object makes me think otherwise. Theyre observing our movements

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

NASA don't know # about any alien life, they are as clueless as you and me.

This could be anything, the next two years will be full of these anomalies/ glitches in pictures from Curiosity and posted in here as "posible aliens".

edit on 22-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Look the Newspapers know science is not going get any great headlines, despite this is a fairly serious event in human history. People are basicaly so stupid and dumb they dont actualy want to read about anything to do with the science behind this mission because it is boring to them.

What isnt boring to them however, IS ALIENS, the newspapers know that, they know it will grab attention and sell papers.

I personaly blame H.G Wells, and that lesson wasnt lost on the media.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Could be a bug....
Now wouldn't that be interesting.

It could be. More logical of something flying around than a spaceship of course but that would mean that its probably a really large bug of some sort. Yikes .!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The dailymail link is broken just FYI..

NASA is the red headed stepchild of the government.. I doubt they know anything about existence of alien life out there even if there was.. they barely get funded as it is.

PS.
I have red hair ( when I let it grow ) so nobody take offense

edit on 8/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
Look the Newspapers know science is not going get any great headlines, despite this is a fairly serious event in human history. People are basicaly so stupid and dumb they dont actualy want to read about anything to do with the science behind this mission because it is boring to them.

What isnt boring to them however, IS ALIENS, the newspapers know that, they know it will grab attention and sell papers.

I personaly blame H.G Wells, and that lesson wasnt lost on the media.

Yea blame an author for writing great books and not the mass of ignorant and illiterates that can't peel their eyes away from Facebook or Angry Birds....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Could be some planes got in their shot, on account of them filming this in New Mexico.
Could be one of Mars's moons.
Could be the Mars orbital sattelite

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Couldn't this just be a meteor visible in the sky as it flies by mars? ... I think that is FAR more plausible .. it certainly isn't dead pixels

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its dead pixels. I forget where I read it. Think it was i09.

Eta oh. It even basically tells you that at linked article. Derp.
edit on 22-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

I dont understand why it is NASA that is at fault or hiding something.

IF NASA is hiding something, It is because they are under ORDER to do so. Its not because they want to. It's because they are forced to. Some people on here act like NASA is the secret leader of the free world....

Also, im pretty sure there are some national security directives relating to the release of information about ET's.
News like this wont just get blabbed out. More than likely, a number of things have to happen before public disclosure such as informing world leaders and letting them prepare for any potential unrest the news may cause.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The dailymail link is broken just FYI..

NASA is the red headed stepchild of the government.. I doubt they know anything about existence of alien life out there even if there was.. they barely get funded as it is.

PS.
I have red hair ( when I let it grow ) so nobody take offense

edit on 8/22/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Link fixed. Thanks !
Im just surprised that they didnt edit that out before releasing it. Thats the part that surprises me the most. Its a good thing that there are people out there who are able to piece all these pieces together and see whats going on. Like our fellow ATS'er who did that panoramic view. That was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
That is a pretty cool find...Perhaps if we did see something that without a doubt was not from us on mars people would feel less of a threat than if it were here on earth. Personally I hope for another Phoenix Lights with today's HD camera Phones and such I would think with we would have very clear sighting.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Couldn't that be Phobos?
No idea about the time lapse timing between each image, but I think Phobos has a pretty fast orbital speed.

I'd rather see it as a "bug" or anything else, but the best way to check for those, is to eliminate all possible logical explanations, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Its dead pixels. I forget where I read it. Think it was i09.

dead pixels don't tend to move across the screen like that though
.. the rover camera is obviously stationary so it's some kind of object..

I think meteor or orbiting satellite as someone suggested above, I don't think it would be one of the moons since it's moving too fast.

Mars is hit by asteroids and meteors all the time.. so it could be something as simple as that... I would only ever suspect a UFO if it made some kind of strange flight pattern to indicate intelligent control... it doesn't do that

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Yea blame an author for writing great books and not the mass of ignorant and illiterates that can't peel their eyes away from Facebook or Angry Birds....

That was a fairly tongue in cheek reference to the mass hysteria his book caused over a century ago, maybe you should lay off the facebook?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join