learn more

Curiosity Rover spots mysterious 'UFO' zooming across the red planet's horizon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

This, and other missions to Mars expand our knowledge of our universe. Hands on, rather than some dusty old theoretical physicist writing sums on his blackboard that will probably be dismissed as nonsense in fifty years time anyway. Even if bacterial lifeform traces are not discovered, we will have learned more than we knew yesterday. And even if we did not learn a single thing from this mission, it would still provide valuable experience for the next 'step' of our journey. How else do we learn, how else do we grow and evolve?

If everybody shared your fantastically cynical world view, people would still be scared of falling off the edge of the world! I mean, what's the point? We've already sailed in that direction haven't we? Our last boat was made out of wood and had sails too. Waste of time isn't it.

edit on 23-8-2012 by JamesMc82 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Please Review this link...
edit on 8/23/2012 by kosmicjack because: removed incivility and censor circumvention

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why did you photoshop your eyeballs?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
ummm how do you know its zooming by?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
That's just Martian Airways Flight #123 bound for the Planum Boreum Region. It's cold up there, but some say it's just like Greenland.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Can anyone explain why NASA posts images like this one:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

this is so anoying

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

These are likely Mars' two moons Phobos and Deimos..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

this is so anoying

Black spaces mean partial data has arrived.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Holosapien

ok. i understand that, but sometimes the consistency of the lacking data, it seems to relate normally to the rover or the landscape.. let’s wait for more images...

Thanks for the response.

And never forget... the privilege that we all have in seeing this kind of info/images.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

In case you missed it: Here are two better hi-res versions.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It' s only a few bugs.

nope still no Reptillians...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holosapien

Originally posted by voyger2

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

this is so anoying

Black spaces mean partial data has arrived.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yes -- plus that panoramas is not single image, but rather a mosaic made up of many smaller images. When they started putting that mosaic together, they bad not yet downloaded all of the small images that would complete the mosaic (although they have done so since then -- and all of the pieces are available on the NASA/JPL website).

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
One thing that annoys me is how they realllllly edit the contrast of pictures. If you were watching the landing live, the first few pics from the rover were just of the ground in front of it.. then the next pic had mountains in it, you saw on their monitor via the webcast. The picture was clear, and you could easily see the mountains. The version of that picture they released to the public was all washed out and you could barely see the landscape.

All other pictures since then look like that one, which leads me to believe they're editing those in the same way.

Why do they do this? I'm not calling conspiracy, but it seems like whoever is touching these images is doing a terrible job
edit on 23-8-2012 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This may be a bug or not or dust or not. I don't know.

I do think UFOs and the possibility of alien life deserves proper debate and research. I don't see why it is ridiculed by certain media and people.

We have some interesting creatures on our own planet that could be and indicator for life on other planets. They are called extremophiles.

The term extremophile is relatively anthropocentric. We judge habitats based on what would be considered "extreme" for human existence. Many organisms, for example, consider oxygen to be poisonous. While oxygen is a necessity for life as we know it, some organisms flourish in anoxic environments. We call them extremophiles... but that is only one perspective. If they could think, what would they think of us? As you read through the list of terms below, consider how what we think of as normal may seem too extreme from the point of view of an extremophile.

Link

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It is chinese lanterns...those things are everywhere. Dang nusiance if you ask me, They should quit making laterns......
On a side note mission control has let the intern go, after the multiple camera shots showed lights on the horizon, left on in the hanger next door to the set of Curiosity. He said he was just trying to sweep the floor , but we know different.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I do not know why such a disclosure would cause worldwide unrest. Thats what puzzles me. Why are we as humans so fearful of the truth? I guess we can never find out the answer to that question

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealer12

Why are we as humans so fearful of the truth?

I, as a human, am not.
I would very much enjoy the discovery of extraterrestrial life, either past or present.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Do you have a link to a more updated version? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UDHR19
I do think UFOs and the possibility of alien life deserves proper debate and research. I don't see why it is ridiculed by certain media and people.

I don't think the idea is ridiculed as much as the people are ridiculed who make wild claims and profess to know for a fact that alien life exists, even when they have no good proof of it. And they're ridiculed because they're foolish and annoying. As much as it's nice to be nice, and we should keep an open mind and all that other stuff, we also have no grand obligation to suffer fools gladly.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holosapien
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Do you have a link to a more updated version? Thanks.

If you mean the pieces that make up the panorama, they are all here (all but one piece -- image #79):
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you mean a completed panorama, with all of the mosaic pieces (again, missing image #79), then look here (I think this panorama was put together by ATS member "impaired":
gigapan.com...
360cities - sol 3

Here is a complete panorama, but this is from sol 2 (day 2 on Mars), and is of a lower resolution that the images in the links above:
360cities - sol 2
www.db-prods.net...
edit on 8/23/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join