It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Attack Message, What would you do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
reply to post by Mickierocksman

You're statistically better off if the nuke goes off directly over head.

You're really screwed if it goes off 10 miles from you.

Google "popcorn effect"

Cool, still dead, but better off.... ok

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

First I have to say that is the worst fake message I've ever seen. Yeah, like they're going to broadcast what the military or POTUS is up too...

Anyway, I grew up in the 70-80's when this was still a credible threat, and twice I thought it was happening. My response both times was about the same.

The fist was when I walked in on the last part of this 'joke' by Reagan:

The second was when I saw the mushroom cloud from a major airline disaster rise up over my neighborhood. I, of course, had no idea what it was that exploded, and as a kid the only explosions I had ever seen that made mushroom clouds were the nuclear ones on TV...

Both times, the first response is a second of shock and feeling like your stomach just turned over. Followed very quickly by, “crap, where the heck do I go”. The first response was always to head to the basement, but the reality was that in a major city the basement was not going to offer any real protection anyway. That's sort of the time when you realize how unprepared you (or your parents if your a kid like I was) actually are for such an event. Its a pretty crappy feeling, so I hope no one ever has to experience it.

The only other time I ever experienced it was when FL got hit by those four hurricanes in rapid succession, and I walked into an empty Walmart to attempt to get some food. I had been working through the first three hurricanes, and by the fourth it was nearly impossible to find any gas or food anywhere in the area. You realize exactly how quickly a bunch of panicked people can strip a store, and how selfish those folks can be. You also realize how little extra supply that the average town keeps on hand in the case of an emergency. If the trucks aren't bringing in goods on a daily basis, stores only have about 48 hours worth of stock.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Buster, this is the only time I would ever agree with you -- you took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly what I would do.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

No, it won't be safe anywhere within 24 days. Even then, it's not gonna be safe.

Worst case scenario survival tactic with limited funds would be; hoard water, ramen noodles, cans of tuna and one of those clean stoves. Camping stove. Hole up in your basement under a table and put as much crap on top of the table before it collapses.

Prolly won't save you but if you're really worried about a nuclear attack....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

PLEASE! That North Korean Piece of S#!% couldn't hit a Damn Island the size of Japan if they wanted it to. These ICBM's are a JOKE and there has not been ONE SINGLE SUCCESSFUL TEST where one of their JUNK ICBM's has actually come CLOSE to hitting the intended Target Zone.

This is why we have a bunch of U.S. Carrier Groups with their Aegis Cruisers which carry the U.S. ABM as well as Satellite Killer...SM-3 Missile. They are out near Australia and the South East Asia Region to be in position to shoot one of these down in the even it goes so off course that it might accidentally hit a Populated Area.

Since these North Korean Monsters are Heavy and Massive and nothing like a Small Light Weight and ACCURATE U.S. ICBM...the sheer Kinetic Force they achieve from reentry from falling out of low orbit will obtain enough force even with a Dummy Warhead to wipe out several city blocks and if it hit a city...it might kill a Thousand or more people if it were to slam into a area with large buildings.

As far as a Nuclear Attack...the U.S. is just a few years from have put in place it's Missile Defense System which will use SM-3's...the FEL or Free Electron Laser as well as the MEB or Microwave Emitting Beam. With such a system in place...the U.S. will be able to vaporize incoming ICMB's as well as their Warheads and any Bombers that would carry nukes. This System is already active in a limited way as everywhere there is a U.S. Carrier Group RIGHT NOW...there is a Group Ship of the Aegis Cruiser Class that can launch SM-3's capable of incredible ranges. Still...a TRULY FOOLPROOF system would have to have incorporated the Direct Nuclear Powered Energy Beaming Weapons that are the FEL and MEB. There are several FEL's already operational and the First U.S. Carrier to have a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser will be the USS. CVN-78 GERALD R. FORD which will be the first new Carrier Design since the Nimitz class. The Ford will also have a Elecromagnetic Catapult System and use Stealth. It will also have close to 50% Robotic Drone F/A Designated Aircraft.

The FEL is the Weapon that will make Nuclear ICBM's OBSOLETE. Discover Magazine is quoted as saying that a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser can Vaporize a Hole through 1000 Feet of SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS.
Plus an FEL Beam is not like an ordinary Laser as it is not effected by Atmospheric Conditions and tied in to Super Computer Run Target and Acquistioning...it can Split it's Beam many times and even vaporize a target as small as a 50 Cal Round. Also special Satellites with special Mirrors as regular laser mirrors would melt with this kind of Laser will allow Over the Horizon Targeting as well as the ability to use this as an OFFENSIVE WEAPON. Thus by Widening of this Nuclear Powered Laser Beam...LARGE CITY SIZED TARGETS could also be vaporized without the problem of Radiation. These will replace Nuclear Weapons. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Just saying, every situation will be different. It's impossible to be prepared for a nuclear attack and a flash flood at the same time.

The only thing you really have is knowledge. Once you have that, you will be able to survive a multitude of circumstances.

Being prepared for the most likely circumstance is obviously the way to go.

Nuclear attack is at the bottom of my likely scenario's. It doesn't hurt to know tho.

"knowledge is half the battle" - GI Joe

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

If there ever was a Old Style U.S./Russian Nuclear War...and this has an almost ZERO% chance of happening...but let's say someone screws up and an all out Nuclear War happens...then the WORLD can Kiss it's ASS GOODBYE!

The Radiation alone would be so great that even Deep Underground Bunkers would not have the ability to survive as the Filters for Air Recycling would not last long. As well as there is no such thing as an Unlimited Supply of Anything below Surface.

The World...no matter where you were...would first be Irradiated then the Dust Alone would Create an ICE AGE due to blocking the Suns Rays. Fallout is almost impossible to avoid even if you are prepared to deal with it and very few if any Humans would survive. This is using TODAY"s Nuclear Warhead Numbers and back in the 70's and 80's the U.S. and Soviets had something like over 70 to 80 thousand EACH! Those numbers would have sterilized the Planet for Good!

This is why the U.S. has moved on to Weapon Systems that can do what Nukes do without the Radiation. Such as the FEL or MEB...actually without LINGERING RADIATION! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I like your video a lot! get your message across well. also very well planned out with all of the effects

very cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You're 100% correct in your assumptions.

Chances of nuclear war are slim. Even if that slim chance happened, the only thing you have is luck.

Even if you are lucky, your life is going to change, drastically.

Better to die in the blast wave in my opinion. Popcorn wave would suck but it would be fast. Radiation poisoning would be a slow death. Surviving all of that would be hell on Earth.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

The Big Loser in the Newly Developed and being installed U.S. Nuclear Missile Shield is PUTIN AND RUSSIA! They were actually given an offer to operate and Jointly Develop an at first Limited ABM System that was to have both American and Russian personal operating a Ground Launch site in Poland and we were going to use both Russian and Polish Radar as well as a new radar system that was to be based in the Czech Republic.

It was to have a compliment of Ground Based U.S. Designed ABM's but both the U.S. and Russia would be at this site and we were supposed to combine Tech and develop an ABM System for Rogue Nation Nuclear Missile Attacks. PUTIN started the BITCHING about how a few ABM's in Poland were going to be able to target Russian ICBM's. STUPID! He knew this small number of Land Based ABM's had no real ability to stop a large Scale Russian ICBM Launch yet he Bitched so much and started so much Anti-U.S. Talk that we decided to start development on a few systems ourselves.

Before Ground was to be broke at the site...several HUGE BREAKTHROUGHS in both Long Burn and Powerful Solid Fuel Tech as well as Smaller Radar but just as powerful and a few new Direct Energy Beam Weapon Systems occurred. We dropped out of the deal and Poland was not happy but after we told them why we were dropping out and told them we would cover their Country under the NEW MISSILE SHIELD...they were happy.

PUTIN...Blew it! He could have had a treaty for joint development. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
They dont have missiles that can even reach this far so im not worried. And after they smack florida, our nukes will bombard them and they will be no longer... Thanks for being our lil pawn florida....

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I am in a small city in the calif desert and live in a motor home

In about one month my fuel tank will be full and i will have stockpiles it with food for emergencies.

I believe they will hit the big cities first giving me 1 to 8 hours to drive into the desert to one of about 3 mines i know of, all of the mines have protective hills around them to protect them from blast effects.

The mine will give me very good radiation shielding and the motor home will protect most of my supplies

I was trained in the military for nuclear survival NBC warfare school and unless i get caught in a blast i should have few problems.

For the people that plan to set back and have a cold beer leave a few for me to recover after you are gone. .

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Skellon

PLEASE! That North Korean Piece of S#!% couldn't hit a Damn Island the size of Japan if they wanted it to. These ICBM's are a JOKE and there has not been ONE SINGLE SUCCESSFUL TEST where one of their JUNK ICBM's has actually come CLOSE to hitting the intended Target Zone.

This is why we have a bunch of U.S. Carrier Groups with their Aegis Cruisers which carry the U.S. ABM as well as Satellite Killer...SM-3 Missile. They are out near Australia and the South East Asia Region to be in position to shoot one of these down in the even it goes so off course that it might accidentally hit a Populated Area.

Since these North Korean Monsters are Heavy and Massive and nothing like a Small Light Weight and ACCURATE U.S. ICBM...the sheer Kinetic Force they achieve from reentry from falling out of low orbit will obtain enough force even with a Dummy Warhead to wipe out several city blocks and if it hit a city...it might kill a Thousand or more people if it were to slam into a area with large buildings.

As far as a Nuclear Attack...the U.S. is just a few years from have put in place it's Missile Defense System which will use SM-3's...the FEL or Free Electron Laser as well as the MEB or Microwave Emitting Beam. With such a system in place...the U.S. will be able to vaporize incoming ICMB's as well as their Warheads and any Bombers that would carry nukes. This System is already active in a limited way as everywhere there is a U.S. Carrier Group RIGHT NOW...there is a Group Ship of the Aegis Cruiser Class that can launch SM-3's capable of incredible ranges. Still...a TRULY FOOLPROOF system would have to have incorporated the Direct Nuclear Powered Energy Beaming Weapons that are the FEL and MEB. There are several FEL's already operational and the First U.S. Carrier to have a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser will be the USS. CVN-78 GERALD R. FORD which will be the first new Carrier Design since the Nimitz class. The Ford will also have a Elecromagnetic Catapult System and use Stealth. It will also have close to 50% Robotic Drone F/A Designated Aircraft.

The FEL is the Weapon that will make Nuclear ICBM's OBSOLETE. Discover Magazine is quoted as saying that a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser can Vaporize a Hole through 1000 Feet of SOLID STEEL IN SECONDS.
Plus an FEL Beam is not like an ordinary Laser as it is not effected by Atmospheric Conditions and tied in to Super Computer Run Target and Acquistioning...it can Split it's Beam many times and even vaporize a target as small as a 50 Cal Round. Also special Satellites with special Mirrors as regular laser mirrors would melt with this kind of Laser will allow Over the Horizon Targeting as well as the ability to use this as an OFFENSIVE WEAPON. Thus by Widening of this Nuclear Powered Laser Beam...LARGE CITY SIZED TARGETS could also be vaporized without the problem of Radiation. These will replace Nuclear Weapons. Split Infinity

Thats true, and if they could hit anybody it would most likely be Australia. The farthest missile potential was rumored to hit Florida ,if they got retarded drunk and decided to fight us, but theirs no proof. But in reality it would probably end up being a failed missile launch..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You are correct. The Australian Government asked for U.S. Naval Protection so we have a few Carrier Groups near the area in the event the North Korean Missiles went off course and hit Australia. I have talked to a few Aussies some nice...some very GO HOME AMERICA! This I do not understand as they have no ability to shoot down a North Korean Missile gone off course and if it were to hit Sidney or another large city...it could kill alot of people just by the Kinetic Energy it generates falling out of orbit at such speeds.

Still some Aussies do not take this as serious...the North Koreans are VERY SERIOUS and are a Pain in the Ass!
Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Call my family tell them I love them then go sit on the porch light up a smoke and open a cold one. then I would think that mankind has finally proven that it is too stupid to survive.
edit on 21-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

exactly this......its all you could do if your in the hot zone.

Still if it was from N korea...i wouldnt be to worried about it....hell their missles cannot even reach miami..they can't even get off the ground without failing in the first stage.

Russia and maybe even China on the other hand.......WOOF

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

First get practical, do something for your loved ones and THEN relax and watch the display.

The first thing you do to protect yourself and the ppl around you from radiation is take a significant amount of iodene. If you don't have potassium iodide ready, kelp or nori or any other sea plant is next best.

After the lights display, assuming you're still alive, have a shower, it will wash off some radiation.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This thread is what I like on ATS - good proper discussion going on here!

Some of you may have seen this little Google Maps overlay thing, it's pretty interesting.
It gives you a wide range of nuclear weapons to select for use in whatever area you want, by navigating with Google Maps.

Ground Zero: Google Maps and Nuclear Weapons

It appears as if this one has changed a bit, last time I used the thing it had altitude selections and fallout measures with a legend. Still interesting nevertheless.

EDIT: Found the newer one; Ground Zero II.

Ground Zero II

This one has pressure, fallout and a little description.
edit on 22/8/2012 by Sierra312 because: Found the better one.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'd hug my dogs and cry

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
You know, most of those probably under 35 or so have probably never seen, "the Day After" or "threads". 2 80's movies that look at global (us/ussr) nuclear war. A bit cheezy by today's standards....but sobering.

I was in my early teens when i first saw "The Day After".

To this very day, i have never seen a more terrifying movie in my life. It was shown in 1984 when Reagan was famously confronting the "evil empire". The cold war during that time had the potential to go hot at any moment, as Able Archer could attest to.

I downloaded it as well as Threads to watch again a few years ago. Yeah, they are cheesy by todays standards, but the message is no less chilling, as are the attack scenes. Everyone should watch these movies.

Other movies for your appocalyptic viewing needs: Countdown to Looking Glass, Testament, Miracle Mile, Special Bulletin and my personal favorite, even if its not nuclear in nature, The Road.
edit on 22-8-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
What would you do?

Most probably buy a bottle of Bacardi rum and enjoy my last few drinks.

Are you preppared?

No, haven't bought them yet. Will buy when the announcement is made - maybe get a discount at the end sale.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join