Lots' just ran through my mind after watching (I've seen some similar you tube vids before).
1) Not prepared enough.
2) No basement, get the kids into the center of the house, or maybe one of the neighbors with a tornado shelter, especially if this is a limited
attack. Several targets around me if it's Russia will get nailed, and if the blast doesn't get us the radiation will in a few days. But anyone else I
think we get left alone.
3) Grab bottle water, first aid kit, canned or dried food, fire extinguishers, flashlightsfirearms and ammo.
4) Turn off and unplug all electronics to minimize EMP damage, except for one radio and/or tv to gather as much info
5) Start praying.
If It's Russia firing off everything it's not likely going to matter...might as well go outside and watch and hope to get vaporized...but where I
live that's not nearly certain.
If it's N.Korea, (or to a lesser degree China), it's only likely the West Coast that's going to get hit. EMP might effect larger parts of the country
if they go that route, as will fallout. Also the Vandenberg and Greeley Alaska Interceptor sites should be able to get their 24 or so interceptor
rockets off. Figure at least half score hits. Figure some of the rockets break up and/or the warheads fail to detonate or fizzle. The N.Ks are new at
this, afterall. China would have better luck, but I think that they only have about 25 missiles with true global reach. The rest could get to the West
Coast and around the Pacific Region.
Couple of things to remember:
1) if you are getting the EAM, whatever you plan to do you have at most 20 minutes or so. Less if they are submarine launched missiles.
2) You maybe out of the blast or heat radius, but it the flash from a distance can still blind you, and possibly still burn you depending on yield of
the weapon. DO NOT LOOK! Flash blindness can be temporary or if intense enough permanent.
3) In a limited attack unless you are at one of the actual targets or the fallout patterns you will likely survive. So get ready for whatever comes
edit on 21-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)
edit on 21-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason