Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Nuclear Attack Message, What would you do?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yikes don`t want to be left standing but blind. Thought I was blinded once when I got burned but it was only temporary. I`m going to have to check into that now. I know they used to watch them do testing but just how far is safe for watching it?

Ok found this link right off and right at the top it says to cover your eyes.

www.unitedstatesaction.com...

That does it for me I`ve changed to hiding under my bed. Thanks antar for the eye opener.

Hate to say this but you need another kid it seems. Safety in numbers and all that.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Connman because: added last part

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
locate ground zero and drive out to it with some stiff frozen Margaritas like Baby Alcapulco's makes with the Everclear and all.... Yeee Haw i reckon..

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well you wouldn't get any warning that's for sure! A new Clear exchange is not at all what it seems. It's not two warning nations. It's two nations (or more) that have agreed upon the terms of an exchange to exterminate people. So again, the pest control man doesn't warn the ants, it just goes in and kills them.

I doubt any new clear exchange would take place though. The reason is there's far more safer ways to get rid of people. From bi-oh weapons to eee ehmm pee attacks. To slow radiation leaks like fukoshema. Safer way to kill of people without destroying the infrastructure.

I think a small town would be the safest place to live. Probably pretty boring too though if you're younger. but when you get older then you might learn to appreciate that kind of peacful life.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Thank you, I just bookmarked your link for a later date.

Anyway, I liked the post about kicking back with a cool one after calling to tell the family you love them. I am not so sure I would want to survive an apocalypse, I mean to watch your pets and loved ones, your children suffer from a slow and painful, confusing and unfair Nuk attack, not so sure that would eb an easy way out.

Perhaps something like a pill given out to make families go together peacefully.

A really good one here:

Reccomended:

This is amazing as well, very scary stuff:

Emergency Webcast: "Nobody will Survive this War"

edit on 22-8-2012 by antar because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am watching this one now, come join me! Will comment later.

Looks good! Popcorn time for me.

AFTERMATH : Population Zero (Full)

edit on 22-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Die in a fireball.
Or just wait and see which direction to start walking based on the wind.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would think it was a joke because I would be shocked that the government actually warned the citizens of an impending attack more than likely creating mass panic.

Then once I realized that it was real, being that it was 2:30pm PST I would be at work, nothing much I could really do. I'm sure the roads would gridlock and panic would ensue.

I would contact my family if I could, as I'm sure the phone networks will be overloaded as they were on 9/11. and try to tell them that I love them and I'll see them later. Say my prayers and go from there.
edit on 22-8-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

I think the following EAS will have more chances of happening though

edit on 22-8-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is awkward. I would never find it because I don't watch TV. The only way I'd encounter such a message is if it I happened to be in a public place where there was television, or someone invited me into their home to watch television.

I just don't wait for news people to tell me. By the time the word gets out, the nuclear battlefield will have been active for over twenty minutes, with missiles in the air most likely. The President will have already taken his electromagnetic railway rocket-chair into an underground granite bomb shelter and the Joint Chiefs of Staff will have found their safety shelter and have world leaders on a communications screen. The submarines and battleships and aircraft carriers will have already gone beyond their "Alpha Bravo Charlie" code word exchanges with commanders on dry land, and most likely, one of those boats or vessels will be taking on water from a hit, with anti-missile radars and jets and counter-missiles in the air.

The report would not likely go nation-wide for an immediate threat, to avoid panic. It would stay quiet to isolate the chaos. You'd probably hear about enlisted soldiers being called, maybe your local big brain being evacuated from his town for an emergency, and if you asked, you'd probably be lied to. I dare say there are code words in the press beforehand; like an nationwide Amber alert for a child who isn't really missing.

First thing I'd do is take a peek at what my local military is doing. Are they running or staying? Are they confused or orderly? Next, I'd blackout, meaning no signals of my presence, preferring a neighbor for the news. And then at last resort, if I knew I could leave, I'd load up the neighbors and we'd speed to a safer place, preferably taking dirt or back roads, because the freeways would be clogged. There aren't exactly lead-lined concrete basements here.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I liked the video. Creepy. My cell phone goes off for emergrncy alerts as well, i could imagine trucking down a long and lonesome highway east of omaha, and all of a sudden see that on my phone. I think id just pull over on the next ramp and chill out.

I live about 40 miles from chicago as the bird flies. About 90 miles on the highway. At home, traffic would be torn up with illinois people coming. And if tsar bomba was dropped on chicago, youd get burned to death at my house. If i was at home id chill out at the beach with a cold one and watch for the mushroom cloud. Infact id probably be pissed if chicago wasnt a target.

No point in a fallout shelter. This would be the end. I doubt mankind would exist more than a month into a nuclear war. Imagine if israel nuked iran. Russia nuked israel. We nuked russia. Russia nukes us. Really? Is that survivable?

And when we have bombs that can cause third degree burns from sixty miles away, and i live 40 miles from downtown chicago, across open water, with nothing between? Meh. Ill take it like a man

By the way, remember the movie "the day after"? Everyones trying to leave in their cars, then the emp hits, and alll the cars die. If you have a modern car, the car will never run again after an emp. The streets will be gridlocked full of disabled cars, impassable.

How about the atomic train? It was a miniseries that got spliced together into a movie. Most people have never heard of it, but basically this freight train takes off with no brakes. Theres a nuke that was smuggled onto the train. Train is intentionally derailed near a town and bursts into flames. Nuke goes off when the fire gets to it. The cool part is thats only the first half of the movie.....it goes on for another 2 hours showing all the post apocalyptic drama afterwards....militias and #.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
First, I don't have tv, so I'd have to learn thru the ensuing chaos (even though I live in a small town) or internet or by cell phone, then it'd be too late anyway because I am not ready (and had to use most of my food supply to make it thru the summer).

I'd say OH CRUD!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I would no nothing because if it were presented in the way the OP's videoa shows i would know its a complete joke and BS.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
In the USA you lot will get more warning than us lot in the UK.

One large nuke will wipe all of the UK out easily.

In the 80's there used to be warning systems in place and the national TV channels had pre-recorded notices to broadcast.

Today (due to severe population overcrowding and political indifference) there would be no point warning people.
Where would 60 million people go ?

No point warning the nation if there is no where to shelter.
edit on 23/8/2012 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Why wouldn't they just shoot them out of the sky?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I would wait...

I don't live in an area that is a target, neither politically nor strategic. That means that the fallout would be pretty much controlled around here. The chaos and problems would come from different areas, or direct consequences of the nuclear attack on other regions, states and countries (disabled supply lines, no governments, no communications, etc).

Most people who think they will survive a nuclear attack, will provably die either immediately or as a result of their own actions. Then comes the possibility of being killed for any resources that you have, or simply because people will become animals fighting to survive.

Overpopulation is a real problem. That means that a lot of people are dependent on current supply systems. Even the ones that are prepared are dependent on it, wether they want to face it or not. Many of you are trying to prepare for such a thing, but think to yourself's, as you stand now, do you have a chance? Or is your plan incomplete?...

We have taken so much of our lives for granted that we are certainly going to forget at least one very important thing that we would need to survive.

Stock up on food, and you might lack water. Stock up on food and water, and you might lack on medical supplies. Even if you try to get everything that you think is important, you might forget something that you won't be able to get after the attack, especially if you go to a bunker or isolated location.

Do you smoke? Unless you have a life-time supply, say goodbye to that and the fact you will have to "quit" during the apocalypse.
Do you like coffee? Again, unless you have a life-time supply, say goodbye to that also since you can't even grow it in most areas.

Whiskey, chocolate, books, movies, music, art, newspapers, fast-food, perfume, clean clothes, new clothes, beer... All those small pleasures that sometimes save your day and make you enjoy a break from stress, gone.

There isn't a shortage, they aren't redesigning their products, they will be gone. And if you think "I'll just search for some", you have to assume those things won't be:

1- Rotten and gone bad by the time you get there.
2- Already taken, either in the first panic wave, or by scavengers.
3- Contaminated by the fallout, since you were hiding and the products weren't.

As an example, imagine you forget about something as simple as oral hygiene. How are you going to take care of your teeth? What happens if you lose your teeth, or even worst, if it gets infected? Or just imagine if you hurt yourself while chewing, or if a little piece of rock gets in your food. How are you going to eat if you are in pain?

That's when the medical supplies come in hand, but are you going to spend them on a tooth problem, when you might be really hurt months later? If you spend them now, you won't have them later...

The major issue with something like this happening, isn't how you are going to survive it. It's how lucky you are. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know a guy who has 5 different routes to his nuclear-bunker. Has water for him and his family (of 4) that would last 6 to 8 months, and food to last more than a year. Medical supplies and all those thing's.

What's his job? He is a business analyst. But the issue isn't related to his job, but to the fact that IF an attack happens, he will either be out of the country, or miles away from home (at least). He has a very high provability of not being with his family if the attack happens, despite all his preparations.

Look at your daily routine. Your kids are at school, you are at work, wife/husband are either home alone or also working. If highways get chaotic when a big football game happens, like superbowl, imagine what will happen if everyone thinks at the same time "I NEED TO GET TO MY FAMILY NOW!"... Half the people would die while in transit.

I wouldn't lay down and die like an old dog. I've survived birth and a lot of crap in my life, just to give it away when some bombs start to fall. If one falls on top of me, fine, it's out of my control.

But I can assure you I won't give up, as nasty and scary as the world might be afterwards. If we stop believing, then it's not even worth to live today, let alone after a catastrophe.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I would call the extended family and let them know i was going to miss them,
go to the store,buy some junk food and a few cases of beer, ect.

Take a drive up the mountian till i got a nice view of the landscape and direction it was going to hit,
enjoy my wife and kids, laugh, tell jokes and love them.

then just before it hit, i would turn to my wife and say "hold my beer, i wana get a good look at this sh#$"

fade to black

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Why wouldn't they just shoot them out of the sky?

This is EXACTLY what the U.S. will do although we have not set up the entire system yet. In a few years we will have a Very Reliable ICBM Net as well as the ability to Vaporize the actual Nuclear Warhead whether it be an incoming MIRV or a Cruise Missile or even a Gravity Dropped Nuke from a Bomber. The Idea is to not just shoot down the Missile as even a shot down Nuclear Missile could spread Nuclear Fuel like a Dirty Bomb...but actually Vaporize the Nuclear Warhead. We can do this with the Free Electron Laser as it can target something as small as a 50 Cal round.

This is the reason that the U.S. drew down Nuclear ICBM's in numbers along with Russia even when we had the Russians on the ropes. This was because the U.S. will no longer need nor have use of Nuclear Weapons as the FEL as well as the MEB...Microwave Emitting Beam...can be used in both a Defensive capacity as well as Offensive as either of these Beams can be Widened and Vaporize Large Targets.

The advantage of using this form of weapon is that you can get the same destructive effect as a Nuke yet not have the nasty radioactivity that comes along with detonating a Thermonuclear Device. Plus this Missile Shield which will use a combination of Carrier and Aegis Cruiser Nuclear Powered FEL's and the USS. CVN-78 GERALD. R. FORD will be the first Carrier and Carrier Group to have installed two Nuclear Powered Free Electron Lasers...plus the MEB...plus the SM-3 ABM which has already proved itself by shooting down a Satellite in space and Blowing Up the Hydrozene Booster Fuel Tank with a direct hit launched from a USN. Ship and scoring a direct hit on a Satellite traveling at about 18,000 Miles Per Hour.

Nukes are a weapon of the past...Direct Energy Weapons are the way of the future. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Anything other then a bolt from the blue attack with a nuke going off over me i have a good chance of surviving.with a hour notice i can drive my motor home into the boonies 60 miles from the nearest target to a old mine i know of with underground water.

After a couple weeks i can come back and salvage from those that give up and don't even try to survive or don't believe they can.

I have been through military schools for nuclear survival and get a laugh at many of the post on this thread and the bad information(or disinformation ) being put out.

If world politics start looking like a posable war i may just take a vacation to one of my BOLs and watch for the mushroom clouds.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I live in Colorado springs which i know would be a major target, and if I couldn't get out, I would grab my ipod turn on MC. Hammer because why not, get a glass of Jameson's, light up a smoke, turn towards Cheyenne mountain, and think how damn stupid we where.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertfox32
I live in Colorado springs which i know would be a major target, and if I couldn't get out, I would grab my ipod turn on MC. Hammer because why not, get a glass of Jameson's, light up a smoke, turn towards Cheyenne mountain, and think how damn stupid we where.

Uhhh yeah...There is estimated to be an entire REGIMENT of SS18s targeted at the Mountain and surrounding areas....Russians' figure if they can turn Cheyenne Mt into Cheyenne Lake then NORADs toast.
edit on 5-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Get everyone I could to the nearest functional fallout shelter. Bring as much of my emergency food, water, and medicine supply with me as I could.

Failing that, contact everyone I love and quickly tell them how much I love them from the bottom of my heart, and how knowing them made this life worth living. Then attempt to find some peace until the flash. Probably listening to music.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join