It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSer's I Need Your Help, Urgently!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Have you tried the link I posted earlier, there seems to be quite a few properties in the GU postcode area that accept benefits

Here it is again

DSS Accepted GU area

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oh come on, this thread is not the place for your regurgitations of obsolete Daily Mail xenophobic garbage. I can't believe an ATS member would buy into that game of blaming Asians, Indians and the like whatever for bad social housing policies. Besides, the trend you refer to doesn't even exist anymore - now we're all screwed.

Alostsoul, I think you're going to have to argue it on a human rights/legal issue - check out the european convention on human rights, bill of rights, etc and try speaking to a solicitor for advice.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

...just back from the office, hi ALS, never mind what the estate agent said, you just have to set up a direct debit from your account once and show the estate agency you 've done so and there should be no issues for that the council will be paying the housing allowance to you as far as I know every two weeks and you 'll be paying the rent monthly into the account provided by the estate agency.
Relax, you and your family are going to be fine. Remember you always have to appear confident and stable with these people, so they are going to be more willing to give you what you need.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

You missed out these comments of mine!

I don't blame the immigrants, I blame the government!

I know what you mean, Just like that flyer in Leeds job center, advertising jobs for ethnic minorities only!! Its really hard not to hate the player, but hate the game. I have ill feelings towards many immigrants for this, but my humanity reminds me, its not them making the rules! Leaves me in a moral catch 22...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Right, here's a status update.

My misses viewed 3 places today two didn't except/wouldn't except dss, the one that would was an absolute # hole that was covered in black mold. I really don't want the place but if I can't find anything better by the end of the week I'll take it.

Quick question; how harmful is black mold to health?

Another thing, a letting agent told us today that we must have 800 pounds in the bank at all time in case the council don't pay the rent.

This is simple not an option.

I am really getting to my wits end with the sucking fhit!

One question..How the heck would an agent know what you had in your bank account at any given time, they don't have that type of authority?

Also all private landlords are now obliged to register with the local council with the purpose of ensuring that all rented accommodation meets a certain standard, so if that letting agency/landlord was showing you a property with black mold then report them, as it is against the law to offer accommodation in that condition

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The reason there is a shortage of council homes is because the milk snatcher (Maggy) sold them off and since then, no one has bothered to build any new ones. Or not enough to cope with the added population. Be that the mass influx of imigrants or the normal growth of the population.
So the cuts are going to get deeper now due to the govt having to borrow more money. Which means that there are going to be more people in the same situation as ALS. Seeing as we are all in it togeather. I think you should ask cameron for a room at his house, which I imagine will be very big.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just get an old used RV and live out of that for a while. Be like drifters.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Have you tried the link I posted earlier, there seems to be quite a few properties in the GU postcode area that accept benefits

Here it is again

DSS Accepted GU area

I did see the link thank you I will ring them tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I said racist because you said intolerant, what else does that mean? You said it yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Black mold is not healthy by any stretch of the imagination. If you're all healthy and especially no history of asthma you might be alright living there.

It can be mitigated though-

How do you get the molds out of buildings, including homes, schools, and places of employment? In most cases mold can be removed from hard surfaces by a thorough cleaning with commercial products, soap and water, or a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water. Absorbent or porous materials like ceiling tiles, drywall, and carpet may have to be thrown away if they become moldy. If you have an extensive amount of mold and you do not think you can manage the cleanup on your own, you may want to contact a professional who has experience in cleaning mold in buildings and homes. It is important to properly clean and dry the area as you can still have an allergic reaction to parts of the dead mold and mold contamination may recur if there is still a source of moisture.

Source - www.cdc.gov...

I would suppose a moldy house is better than none at all.
Perhaps as a last resort?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Then you should be intolerant to the government that left them in. The immigrants aren't harming your way of life , the government is. All the immigrants are doing is accepting a place in your country that YOUR GOV APPROVED to have a better life. You are blaming the product instead of the producer which is backwards.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Quick question; how harmful is black mold to health?

Dude you know the answer to that allready, you don't have to justify your horror to anyone here and certainly don't allow yourself to succumb to emotional quips like beggers can't be choosers and all that.

Whilst I truly sympathise with your situation may I politely and kindly suggest you be mindful of your language from here in and I don't mean what some call swearing. Choose your words carefully is what I mean because as your frustration begins to show in your words some may take it the wrong way. The last thing you want is for othere people who are desperately struggling themselves to misunderstand you and rave on about things like why their council tax should be used to get you sorted out, who the hell do you think owes you etc etc some people are realying on this happening to our society, but that's for another time.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

so intolerant means racist?it could be intolerant to milk for all you know.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I can't believe an ATS member would buy into that game of blaming Asians, Indians and the like whatever for bad social housing policies
reply to post by arollingstone

I take it that youv'e not recently made an application for social housing then ?

If you have then you abviously missed the bit that relates to minority groups, interestingly enough in some areas of the UK social landlords are conducting another census specifically aimed at further identifying minority groups.

May I refer you to my earlier post, the OP would do well to change his name immediately perhaps later by deedpoll and in his application to a social landlord declare himself as a married lesbian couple with child.

Don't believe me ? Then try it out

It's all about quotas and targets my friend.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well I have asthma, so I guess that ones out of the question.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

because the milk snatcher (Maggy) sold them off and since then, no one has bothered to build any new ones
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Sorry to contradict you but houses have been built but not directly by councils but by housing associations.

There are many reasons for "Affordable housing" and "Social Housing" they have been creeping up for several years and one way to get a good (rough) idea of the reasons is to actually look at tenant profiles.

It's not really rocket science, if a housing estates' tenants consists of 50% young single mothers then that's where those houses went, if 20% of tenats are divorced fathers that also need a bedroom for their kids custody weekend then that's where those houses went. If 40% of the tenants are some sort of minority group then that's where those houses went.

Are you getting this yet ?
Some estates have over 80% unemployed huge chunk eh ?
Associated problems that don't show up on the books ? Immigrants both legal and illegal by the millions many of whom go into private letting many of which arranged and some paid by the employers who enticed them to the UK., these then end up on the wating list for social housing.

Christ the more I think about this the more I want to jump off a bridge I will leave it there for now

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Ah, I just remembered a recent case in relation to your plight, the situation wasn't exactly the same as yours but there certainly was an anlge there worth serious consideration.

COUPLE GET EVICTED FROM GARDEN SHED

You may remember the story dude, a couple were saving for a house so they lived in the mums shed, they dind't bathe or eat there but lived and slept.

Ok, so the council were on the Jeremy Vine Show on BBC Radio 2 explaining to Vine why they had to evict them from the shed , now this is where it get's brilliant dude and perhaps you should give it serious thought. Jeremy Vine pointed out to the council guy that he was making the couple homeless so the council was then legally obliged to "Re House" the now homeless couple, and the council spokesman couldn't bloody get out of it.

www.dailymail.co... .uk/news/article-2040486/Havant-Council-bans-NHS-worker-Victoria-Campbell-living-parents-shed.html

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Yes ok I stand corrected.
Thanks.
How ever which ever way one looks at the problem the fault is who`s? It must surely be the govts fault. Estates full of unemployed people? Whos fault? Who shipped all the jobs over seas? Who gave OUR money to the banksters, so that they could sit on it, instead of lending back to the people who gave it to them? Who deregulated the banks? In my mind the only way we are going to sort this mess out, is to throw them elitest bums out of Downing street and change the entire system.
If the ecomomy collapses then we all may find our selves in ALS`s position. Fingers crossed that its dosnt come to that, but who knows what the future holds for us.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't have much time, but here are a few suggestions:

Don't give up. Keep looking and looking--as if it's the last thing you will ever do. Believe in synchronicity, however weird that sounds. Put your intentions out there that you will find the right place, or the right lawyer, or that the right help will come along.

Don't be bashful. Pray to something or someone---the housing gods---whoever. Visualize. Don't leave any stone unturned--check every paper, every list....and even if the place you find available isn't perfect, take it anyway with gratitude and know the perfect thing will come along.

I know this isn't exactly scientific advice, but I do believe in the power of belief, of intention, and of putting our energy into a desired result.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

You are right about the government,like I said pages ago - vote liberal,labour or conservative and you get the same.Rotten to the core,self serving corporate whores.Look at the idiots that fall for their patter,so much so that if you state fact you get deemed racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join