It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So basically, all I can take away from this thread is "it's magic" and it's real, apparently.

Proof denies faith, and yet the OP spent a lot of time (wasted) trying to prove it. Where's the faith in that?

Ignore the obvious problems with the premise, chastise those who don't agree, and claim superior knowledge and moral high ground. Seen it too many times before. Someone posted five points, but they forgot to capitalize on the first one, so you jump on that. Ignore all the other points.

You carry on believing and ignoring all other points of view. I'm sure that's what Jesus would have done.

25+ entities preceding Jesus claimed the nativity or similar. Were they 'dry runs'? Oh, sorry, I forgot. God doesn't make any mistakes. Obviously these were just getting people used to the idea of believing anything they were told. It worked. They'll believe just about anything.

If your Bible is truth to you, then I wish you good luck. I'm sure all praise goes to god when you catch that touchdown, win that Emmy etc. but I don't hear all the praise when you scuff your knee, lose your phone, or drop that potentially winning superbowl catch... That was 'Him' too, right? Mysterious ways.....oooooohhh...

Nobody ever answered if Koala are clean or unclean, though. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Is that the best response you can give to someone who is apparently "lost"? Why is it so hard to give directions if it's so easy?

We're following road signs that make sense to us, tried-and-proven methods of examining the world, and then you tell us "No, you must NOT think, you must simply have faith!" Well, of course that'll work...if we just want to squat like ducks and wait for someone to throw the cheat sheet in our face.

Not all of us are content to just let the answers come, and even fewer are willing to accept that we don't need the answers. We weren't born just so we could wander cluelessly through life. We'd like to have some idea of what the game is about, and you're just confusing the matter with head-in-the-sand philosophy.
edit on 7-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Is that the best response you can give to someone who is apparently "lost"? Why is it so hard to give directions if it's so easy?

We're following road signs that make sense to us, tried-and-proven methods of examining the world, and then you tell us "No, you must NOT think, you must simply have faith!" Well, of course that'll work...if we just want to squat like ducks and wait for someone to throw the cheat sheet in our face.

Not all of us are content to just let the answers come, and even fewer are willing to accept that we don't need the answers,

Give me a break SplitInfinity. My responses and arguments are throughout this entire thread. My question is this: Did he or she bother to read the whole thing and consider all of the evidence?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by randyvs

Classic christian move....

Get drunk and talk all sorts of idiotic nonsense... then just pray for forgiveness. DISGUSTING!!!

No, what was the classic Christian move on his part, was the forthcoming apology. Which is far more than I ever suspect we'll manage to pry from your hateful heart.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

SplitInfinity? That's not me. You're mistaking me for someone else.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

SplitInfinity? That's not me. You're mistaking me for someone else.

I apologize, sir. Two debates on two fronts. *AfterInfinity

Didn't mean to marginalize your opinions or anything

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

*yawn* Is it over yet?

I can, in five minutes, corroborate more facts in any of the Harry Potter stories than you could in your Bible.

Good Lord, J. K. Rowling is lying on the ground in laffter.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Especially after the Christians tried to get her book banned/restricted for "Satanic rituals", which is hilarious considering all of the spells in the books were composed using the same language as the Vatican's Bibles.

...Sorry, I'm an avid Harry Potter fan. Harry Potter was my childhood; Sorcerer's Stone was how I got into reading.

edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Especially after the Christians tried to get her book banned/restricted for "Satanic rituals", which is hilarious considering all of the spells in the books were composed using the same language as the Vatican's Bibles.

...Sorry, I'm an avid Harry Potter fan. Harry Potter was my childhood; Sorcerer's Stone was how I got into reading.

Quick thread hijack.

Regardless of Rowling's obvious, exposed plagiarisms which became the HP Septology - I retained copies of the Victor Dix Letters (Dix as the CIA liaison between Warner, Scholastic and JKR) -

see more here... Link to ATS thread

it is arguable that HP has become the shared text of our times replacing the bible in that capacity.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

If the Illuminati were real, and very much alive today, and a book was published that revealed all of their secrets...

Do you REALLY think they'd let that happen? The fact that the book was published says either they don't exist or the book doesn't know anything about them.

Nice try. Satan doesn't exist, but your flaws do, Murgatroid

The [insert any form of] bible (NT specifically) is as much clear and concise history book as Aesop's Fables is a clear and concise portrayal of Greek sexual practices.:lol

Rome at that time was undergoing something of a spiritual crisis. While belief in the old gods remmained strong in the countryside, it was on the serious decline in the cities especially among the scum and slave populations.. To them, paying homage to the Roman gods was seen as nothing more than a pledge of allegiance to a state (of repression) rather than any statement of belief. When the Flavians invented Christianity and it emerged, all other religions were deemed illegal. "Pagan" to refers to the hold-outs, the word being derived from the same root word from which we get 'peasant'.

Savior religions, like Mithras, were popular and Mithraism was inherently tied into the ancient Zoroastrian beliefs of Persia, the precursor and basis for Flavian pseudo-Christianity.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I see you've also chosen this thread to propagate your Flavian Conspiracy despite the fact you've already been debunked in another

Here's archaeological evidence that puts your theory to bed, permanently:

CBS News

This ossuary is dated to BEFORE 70AD. This indicates Christians were living in Jerusalem before Vespasian was even emperor of Rome. Not only that, but the countless other flaws I've pointed out in your theory in this thread, which you've conveniently chosen to ignore.
edit on 8-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
let's get back to the topic at hand and stop with the he said she said childish personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Hi Randyvious,

I surely agree with you that "The Living Bible is a History Book" beacuse it informs us about biblical truth and history related to judaism. We just have to follow the bible and live our life without affecting other lives.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CaseyDamon

Hi Randyvious,

I love your attention to detail.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join