It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Living Bible is a History Book

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The bible was just a warning of what not to do on the new planet.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

The Bible is a collection of Stories from multiple ancient texts. Christian Leadership has chosen what they want in the Bible and what they do not want such as...
The Gospel of Mary
(8 chapters)
The Protevangelion
(16 chapters)

Jesus Infancy Gospel I
(22 chapters)

Jesus Infancy Gospel II
(4 chapters)

Gospel of Nicodemus
(22 chapters)

Epistles of Jesus Christ

and Abgarus
(2 chapters)
Laodiceans
(1 chapter)

Hermas: His Visions
(4 Visions)
There are many more...as well as many mistranslations. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Observationalist

If the bible and Christianity is so irrelevant and just a bunch of fairy tales, why are there such emotional reaction from non belivers when presented with biblical evidence?

What you call "biblical evidence" isn't objective evidence...that's the whole point. So if you want to believe it anyway, fine...no one's stopping you. But if you attack facts it becomes a bit silly and you can't be surprised that people will speak out against that. If they didn't, this thread would basically be one giant preaching cycle jerk without any real debate.

Objective, or subjective dose not matter to my point. Any statement of faith, or refrence to scripture presented by a believer, seems instantly thrown into the irrelevant box, as a matter of fact. So the person offering such a statement is instantly on the defense and the readers of such threads has no time to explore the presented evidence objectively.

I don't expect everyone to get along. I just would like to see threads where WE are able to engage the OP and posters, to draw out insight, rather than attacking with the same, the bible is nonsense argument, or my God is omniscient so there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

When I see a thread heading that says proof UFO exist, I don't go charging in there to call them all nuts and brainwashed into believing in aliens. I could but I honestly don't have anything invested in that argument.

The problem here is when those ufo believers try to assert them as fact. Worse when they try to have laws passed.

You can be sure to get all emotional about it.

As to the Bible being historical, well a lot of it has been proven to be historical. Read it as you would a Korean book or Bhagavad Gita or any those "holy" books. After all they're historical.

Actually UFOs, aliens, ancient astronauts, etc make more sense than those religious nonsense that are spelled out in them.

Do you agree that those India books are history books? Yes or no?

Honestly i dont have very much experiance with those writings so I shouldn't guess. Considering the poetry and stylized features of most ancient writings, I would thinks its main purpose was to pass on wisdom from experience, History may not have been the intent of those writings, but for sure reference to historical events could be corroborated.

What is the point of the Gita? Can its writings be validated by historical evidence? Do the Hindus care?

I would think that the wisdome of selflessness that the Gita contain prove way more valuable than its historical accuracy. Finding actual historical evidence that corroborates the stories, icing on the cake. But not necessary for the book to be valid, or to be tossed into the nonsense box.

The same can be said of the bible. It's point is not to prove the existence of God, or history, but to prove the need for redemption. If you agree or not about the need for redemption does not make it invalid.

If they found Noahs Ark and an engraving depicting a global flood right next to it, my faith would not be any more convinced, because my belief came before the evidence.

Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” (John 20:29 NLT) Referring to Thomas who doubted the appearance of the resurrected body of Jesus.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Your Archaeology is a farce....like your Bible. I would bet your probably still drinking fluoride to prevent cavities in your teeth. Oh, by the way, that's a farce, too.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Objectivity DOES matter

How else do you expect people to have a rational discussion?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

A "rational discussion" is impossible between the religious and non-religious.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by MrXYZ

Agreed...mostly because one of them doesn't give a rat's add about rationality

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by MrXYZ

Agreed...mostly because one of them doesn't give a rat's add about rationality

I would argue that this thread demonstrates quite clearly that neither of them seem to give a rats ass about rationality.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shantyknight
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Your Archaeology is a farce....like your Bible. I would bet your probably still drinking fluoride to prevent cavities in your teeth. Oh, by the way, that's a farce, too.

Prove it. Oh.... thanks for the education on fluoride, because I totally hadn't done my own research on that subject already

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You've figured out that fluoride is a lie, great.

How IRONIC that some of you are unable to see the real agenda behind those lies.

Its good that you understand the deception of fluoride but you are STILL deceived.

The agenda goes far deeper than just depopulation....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Murg,

We're gonna get a few hits for fear mongering on this one. I mean you're even scae'in me now !

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

How IRONIC that some of you are unable to see the real agenda behind those lies.

Its good that you understand the deception of fluoride but you are STILL deceived.

Ok. I'll bite.

What and who's agenda are you talking about?

The illuminati? Then who are they? Show me names...proof that they exist.

But you won't. You'll type the word lie for the eighteenth time and use your faith to allow you to believe that zero proof equals 100% real.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Ok. I'll bite.

What and who's agenda are you talking about?

The illuminati? Then who are they? Show me names...proof that they exist.

But you won't. You'll type the word lie for the eighteenth time and use your faith to allow you to believe that zero proof equals 100% real.

While I don't fully agree with ALL of murg's ideas, I'll bite too:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
We're gonna get a few hits for fear mongering on this one.

Perhaps you're right. It ties in to the thread in a way because without seeing the Illuminati's satanic global agenda, everything appears to make very little sense. I see it as the key ingredient that MUST be understood.

That was my experience anyway...

I believe this is the main reason WHY so few comprehend what is really going on in the world.

The Illuminati is satanic and goes clear back to the Garden. (and there is a massive amount of disinformation surrounding it naturally)

From the book: Pawns Of The Game:

"The illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities exsisted. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

Note the illuminati in Jesus' day.

"The Old Testament is simply the history of how Satan became prince of the world, and caused our first parents to defect from God. It relates how the synagogue of Satan was established on this earth, it tells how it has worked since to prevent God’s Plan for the rule of the universe being established on this earth. Christ came to earth when the conspiracy reached the stage that, to use his own words, Satan controlled all those in high places.

He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9; 3:9) he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the devil (Lucifer), whom he castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2 Cor. 11:14). He was specific in his statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who called themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers) the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of his day.

Illuminati Roots

" Most students of this topic hear right up front that The Illuminati was formed in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt. WRONG . This sets me apart from the herd in a big way.

I believe that the Illuminati existed BEFORE Adam Weishaupt launched his particular BRANCH of it. It was HUGE, way before Weishaupt. All that Adam Weishaupt did in 1776 was to form an additional BRANCH of the movement that called for political radicalism. But his was only a small splinter off the main body. So, the MAIN and LARGER and ALREADY EXISTING Illuminati would be found doing just FINE if Weishaupt’s branch ever fizzled.

Furthermore, NOT ONLY did the bigger and older movement continue to thrive independent of Weishaupt’s branch, but, even Weishaupt’s branch of the Illuminati survived and regrouped and revived, and grew, and has continued until today. But the older pre-1776 movement always was and still is the LARGER and more influential.

What is the Illuminati?

edit on 24-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

"Ourselves", you're referring to sin yes?

Sins like eating shellfish and working on a Saturday and lusting after another man's wife right?

What goes in a man's mouth does not defile him. It is what comes out of his mouth corrupts because what comes out of his mouth comes from the heart.

Where do sin and evil come from Randy?

Sin actually starts in the mind with impure thoughts. Such as "lusting" after another man's wife. If the thought is meditated upon with enough frequency and time, the odds increase that the thought will be acted out physically.

If at one point a perfect all powerful loving being was all that existed where did sin come from?

Sin came from the Lucifer which was pride. He saw himself as better and greater than God who created him.

And lastly, if Jesus died to save us from our own self-destructive sinful nature than why, exactly, are people, Christians who have accepted this salvation included, still sinners?

Everyone sins. No one is perfect. One sin is enough for us to be in hell. God is perfect and there is no way that we could completely understand His ways. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice to pay for all sins because He did not sin. Therefore, in the eyes of God, Jesus Christ was spotless and pure. Before Jesus Christ was crucified, the Jews had several sacrifices they had to give at the Temple per the Old Covenant in the Book of Leviticus. After Jesus died on the cross there was no need for anymore sacrifice at the Temple because He was and is the perfect sacrifice.

It costs nothing to believe in Jesus Christ. I agree that many "Christians" do not walk the talk. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I do everything I can to be generous, give freely, help others, be courteous and generally love our fellow man. I do fall short sometimes. I do ask for forgiveness and try my best not to do what is wrong. The fact is, most Christians today want the benefits without truly living the way they should. They go to church and maybe read their bible, but as soon as they walk out of the church building they will break one of the Ten Commandments before the end of the day. Basically, they know the word of God but deny the power and they have no light in them.

edit on 8/24/2012 by NoSoup4U because: typos

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'm in total agreement with you Murg. I've had the same thoughts for years..

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

It is what comes out of his mouth corrupts because what comes out of his mouth comes from the heart.

Nice. Did you get this in a fortune cookie?

Thoughts come from the mind, and words physically are generated more in the throat and mouth area, certainly not the heart. The heart pumps blood.

Sin actually starts in the mind with impure thoughts.

1) Are the impure thoughts themselves sin?

2) Where do impure thoughts come from?

3) What about sins which are not premeditated? (generally called a 'crime of passion', one that is undertaken without any forethought or planning)

If the thought is meditated upon with enough frequency and time, the odds increase that the thought will be acted out physically.

I disagree. There are lot's of people who fantasize about all sorts of things. I don't think time and frequency are the biggest factors in whether or not you're going to carry out the deed. I think feasibility has a lot more to do with it. Some people fantasize about punching their boss in the face, cheating, maybe even robbing a bank, yet most people also know the negative consequences outweigh the positive. One of the reasons I think Jesus comment about lusting after a woman is dead wrong is because it makes no distinction between fantasy and premeditation, there's a difference between day-dreaming about sleeping with your neighbor's wife and actually planning to do the deed.

Sin came from the Lucifer which was pride.

I've heard this one before, it doesn't make sense. Lucifer came from God, God was perfect, therefore Lucifer had to have been perfect. If Lucifer was perfect than he could not have sinned.

Jesus was the perfect sacrifice to pay for all sins because He did not sin.

What was the sacrifice? If Jesus was God (as those who accept the trinity believe) than he did not lose anything. Neither did God sacrifice anything, as Jesus returned to the right hand of the Father after he came back to life. You can't pretend it's a sacrifice if nobody gave anything up.

After Jesus died on the cross there was no need for anymore sacrifice at the Temple because He was and is the perfect sacrifice.

Why was there a need for sacrifice to begin with? Why does God require blood-shed, be it from animals or human beings, in order to forgive people? Seems like barbaric superstitious nonsense to me.

It costs nothing to believe in Jesus Christ.

Actually it costs quite a lot, for one thing it costs you your freedom. Jesus and God are depicted as sitting upon a throne (sometimes it's just Jesus on the throne, other times Jesus is at the right hand of the Father). Jesus says his "yoke is easy", a yoke is for cattle. Paul suggests that we "take every thought captive" to Christ. Numerous verses and stories in the Bible make calls to submission and obedience. God is depicted as an all powerful tyrant who cannot be questioned and whose command cannot be disobeyed without being burned in a Lake of Fire for all eternity.

Also, if the Bible is taken seriously most human beings will end up in Hell, including friends and loved ones of every single human being. So God expects you to spend eternity bowing before him in a golden heavenly city while he mercilessly punishes people you loved and cared about. And you can't leave, you're stuck there with a ego-maniacal tyrant for all eternity while he burns some of those you cherished most.

I agree, more Christians should read their Bibles, that's the quickest way to make more atheists. How do you think I got where I am today, I actually sat down and read the damn thing.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If the Illuminati were real, and very much alive today, and a book was published that revealed all of their secrets...

Do you REALLY think they'd let that happen? The fact that the book was published says either they don't exist or the book doesn't know anything about them.

Nice try. Satan doesn't exist, but your flaws do.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We knew YOU would agree. If something makes any sense at all in standard logic, you usually hiss and try to exorcise it.
edit on 25-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join