It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Provision

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by meggiddo2012
(Revelation 22:17), "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

PEOPLE! This is an offer via the co-mingled spirit of man and God (in love) which is all-INclusive and non-coersive ie: there is no hell in it whatsoever the operative word being FREELY.

The OP screwed it up when he talked of hell at the end, pay no attention to that, because God is a God of love and love to be love must be FREE.

God Bless,

NAM
aka Bob

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Anyone who sits down and uses actual logic to study the Bible, sees how we were meant to be thoroughly screwed over from the start.

First, "God" tries to keep us dumb and docile in his secret garden.

Then "Satan" comes along and shows us the fruit, by which we gain knowledge, or the freedom to learn. The freedom to make our own choices and learn from our mistakes. It's the fall that makes us stronger, right?

"God" gets mad that we are now smart enough to equal him, and punishes all three parties. "Satan" gets special treatment for daring to give us lowly creatures such power, and we get cast out to discourage us from getting any ideas, right?

After that, "God" makes a point of showing how powerful he is, as though to remind us that we may have tasted the fruit, but he still created us. He's intent on showing that one stomp of his boot...and we're just a memory. What loving parent does this? What loving parent is so damned determined to prove that they can still paddle us...just to prove it?

All this time, we are doing our own thing, living our own lives. We were cast out, so we work under our own steam, right? WRONG. "God" suddenly decides that since we're not part of his secret garden anymore, he has to stalk us and demand sacrifices, even though he kicked us out. Usually, when we get kicked out, we're on our own, right? Time to learn how to survive in the real world. But nope, that doesn't work for "God". And if we question this interesting turn of events, we die. Plain and simple.

Then "God" sees that we're actually doing some harm here on Earth. Conveniently forgetting that he's the one who gave us these flaws, he starts all over again...but he starts his next batch using the remnants from the race he had decided wasn't worth keeping! Then he tries to make it all good: "Oh, I saved you. You should be grateful and serve me forever." So after deciding we were too dangerous to keep around, he kicks us out, then tries to intimidate us before being really nice (as in deciding not to kill us all) in order to convince us to serve him forever and ever.

So eventually, after a long hard game of making people prove themselves (even though they are the descendents of exiles) and testing others and generally just f***ing with his creations, "God" decides that we're becoming too unruly (why does he care, he threw us out! he could have just cultivated our growing minds after that apple, but no...) and sends his son down.

So obviously, the greatest act of love is allowing your only son to die for the people, right? You with me so far? Okay...JESUS DOESN'T STAY DEAD. Okay, wait a second. If he dies but doesn't stay dead, that's like saying, "Stab me for stabbing you" *Stab and heal* "Wait, you weren't supposed to heal! It's not the same thing! You have to suffer from that!"

So if Jesus came back to life, does his death count? And if he died for our sins, why are we still sinners? The balance should be cool before it even changed. And then all we have to do is say, "yes, I accept it," and boom! Free from sin.

Okay, that's as much of the Bible as I can summarize at this point. If I go further, I might have an aneurism from the sheer...I'll just leave it there. Read it. Does it sound familiar? Yeah, that's what our world considers a "best seller".

...spoiler: Jesus dies.
edit on 23-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That you can't or won't understand it isn't the fault of those who've done to great lengths to explain it to you. You think you know, but the knowledge, the understanding, the epiphany, is in an area of an unknown unknown, or what you don't know you don't know, at least so far anyway.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You've gone to great lengths explaining idiocy to me, using idiocy to explain it.

You are saying to just BELIEVE IT. I have to UNDERSTAND IT. UNDERSTANDING LEADS TO BELIEVING. And your understanding isn't understanding, it's rolling over and playing "welcome mat".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Whatever you say..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You claim that this deal, this bargain in exchange for my soul, is the greatest thing I can ever do for myself. And yet you cannot even defend the contract.

It's a poor salesman who can't defend his product. Maybe that's because the product isn't worth defending?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Imagine, if you will, a domain of limitless possibility and of life meeting life without end, in unfettered and unconstrained freedom with nothing but love as the impetus and catalyst to wise action, and there it is, a "soul-space" which knows no bounds.
Absolute forgiveness = absolute liberation, because we've been freed from judgement in a radical, transformative forgiveness making all things new. Get that, and you'll be starting to get the picture of what's involved, and what's at stake.

"I came so that you would have life to the full, even to overflowing!"
~ Jesus Christ

P.S. It's a new "contract" which tears up all contracts and makes them null and void. It need not be defended really because there's nothing to defend against. It's pure. It is everything else and every human conception which has to be defended, yet which cannot defend itself in the face of the Absolute, so it's the end of all the nonsense and absurdity, including the anger and the shrill protestations of the misinformed and the ignorant and the rude, in a shared joke at everyone's expense (according to our shared prior ignorance).

It's the rock of ages as the cornerstone of the height, depth and breadth of pure reason. It is immovable, unshakable, and eternal. Against this rock kingdoms fall and the high and mighty are brought squarely to their knees. It confounds the self-professed "learned and wise", and stupifies the stupid. It is a light shining in darkness which darkness could not overcome. It is the triumph of triumphs, the only question remaining, no so much how to "sell" it, but how to recieve it in full, because whoever does this is the overcomer who God Himself will call His own son with whom all is shared, right across the board.

Don't want it? That's fine, but it's still there, beckoning in it's unreasonable reasonableness, a free gift of incalculable value for which there is absolute nothing you (or I) can ever do to either earn, or deserve. What a marvel! What a "double bind"..!

edit on 23-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This may seem like a foolish question...but do you base all of your beliefs on the Bible?

If yes, then logic cannot be a part of your process. Your religion operates on faith because its creators knew that logic would defeat it. One day, science and spirit will reconcile, I hope. If and when that day arrives, that is the day we will begin to truly understand what your "God" is, and then we will begin to understand the nature of our purpose in this reality. On that day, your time will come to choose the ultimate lie or the ultimate truth. Until then, to not profess to have either, for you cannot know at this time.

Until then, you know nothing. Admit it, and be patient with the rest of us. Your arrogance in presuming to judge our fates on the word of an old tome is laughable at best. Do not judge, simply wait. Wait, and help to heal the world until the answers arrive. Make people happy and healthy. That's all you can do.

Is that not a life worth living?

edit on 23-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

This may seem like a foolish question...but do you base all of your beliefs on the Bible?

I just found something when making a new investigation, which can be validated independantly by astronomy of all things, which when combined together form an extraordinary revelation which demands that the work at the heart of it be considered as to its true meaning and significance, and then layer upon layer, the truth unfolds itself to our astonishment, until that certain childlike wonderment we once had, is restored!

I made no assumptions and it was an honest inquiry, and I followed where it led, that's all.

He knew, Jesus knew, and he knew precisely what he was doing, and why, and it was all for US, it was all about WE.

People move through different levels of understanding and comprehension, depending on how much work they've done in terms of their research, and contemplation. I just don't get the impression that you've done as much work as I have and have made some strong and rather strongly biased presumptions. Therefore from where I sit, your comments come across as misunformed, ignorant and rude or snarky. My confidence isn't in myself, but what I've learned, it's not arrogance but the knowledge of experience. If you keep on seeking, by the time you're in your mid 40's, looking back, you'll remember me I think, and the kid with the flaming avatar flinging all kinds of misplaced and misguided accusations, will be someone else.. and the perhaps at long last, you'll understand and then laugh out loud at the absurdity of it all.

edit on 23-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Why does my avatar have anything to do with this? It's a visual representation of how easily we can lose ourselves in power, and how much we have to struggle to maintain focus the further we progress.

In any case, live a good life for the world, not for Jesus. If you need thousand year old corpse to motivate you, and nothing else will suffice, then you are not really a good person. You are selfish, but not good.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You don't understand, Jesus is the spirit of life itself. If I live for him, then to what I am and do lives on throughout eternity.

Re: your avatar, from what you described previously, it seemed to me to represent the hope and desire for absolute power, nothing less.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's a visual representation of how easily we can lose ourselves in power, and how much we have to struggle to maintain focus the further we progress.

yes I dunno about the rest of you but I picked up on that right away... nothing needed explaining, I totally got it

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You are leading the world in circles. We're trying to break through the wall and head for a better land.

My friend, you are pushing against a wall that cannot be broken through or climbed over.

There is a gate. It is only one gate.

Wanting to be right does not make one right.

There are many people who upon finding the truth, rebrand the truth to please themselves.

Only one person has ever found the truth and rather than coveting it to himself, gave his life giving it freely to all.

So, keep pushing on the wall.

You will not get into the city.

I promise.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

Corruption can not take away what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes. It is one thing to read one translation of the Bible, it is another to read multiple translations followed by Greek and Hebrew translations and word interpretations as well as archaeological findings that solidly many stories in the Bible. Researching and studying history especially the history of those who have tainted the Bible by mistranslating it and adding words to fulfill their agenda is apparent. Their is a spiritual aspect to this life that we live in that very few seem to be aware of and once an individual becomes aware of this their perspective on many things change. Their are forces at work preventing people from learning the truth. I care not if I am ridiculed or persecuted for what I believe. I know what I know to be truth because of what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes. Can no one take that away from me or tell me otherwise. Thank you for your responses and understand that I am willing to take the risk in believing what I believe knowing the consequences if it is true. If not, then I lose nothing. God bless you.

Fine, fine. Just tell us how old you are. What grade are you are currently in, or what grade you finished. Let's put it this way, I expect to hear third grade stuff from someone that only finished the 3rd grade, 10th grade stuff from someone that only finished the 10th grade. Sadly, this doesn't always hold true for college grads, because I've heard some of them and their thinking is way out there.

Anyway, if you're going to spew passages from the bible, at least let us know what age and grade level your current mind is so we don't wind up bashing little kids. Ya know?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I post what I believe. You can accept or reject it if you want with no effect whatsoever to me. Many threads on ATS is what people believe to be true. I respect your responses to my posts because it is your belief or opinion of what you believe to be true. I only ask for the same respect.

If I post what I believe to be true, and if someone shows me that it isn't true, I won't close my mind or defend my misguided beliefs to the bitter end. I will most assuredly thank that person.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

It is one thing to read one translation of the Bible, it is another to read multiple translations followed by Greek and Hebrew translations and word interpretations as well as archaeological findings that solidly many stories in the Bible.

May i ask before replying, what are your credentials here? How old are you? It took me 25-30 years to research all of the biblical history and connections. How long did it take you?

Researching and studying history especially the history of those who have tainted the Bible by mistranslating it and adding words to fulfill their agenda is apparent.

So you are stating that a research "taints" the Bible? And that those who do research "mistranslates" what they read? I think that is just wishful thinking from one who is not a researcher at all.
Can you explain the 18 gods and 3 Goddesses in the KJV Bible?
Can you explain the 16 crucified men all named "Jesus?"

I know what I know to be truth because of what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes.

So do I, friend. So, what is YOUR truth then? I would bet is is whatever your preacher tells you is truth, right? Tell me your truths.

God bless you.

Well May the Goddess bless you too. I am more than happy to show you some truths here, in fact, read some of my threads for yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

You can accept or reject it if you want with no effect whatsoever to me.

There are more than a few ATS preachers who got angry and got themselves banned. Want to bet what people say will not bother you?
I will give you a few weeks, if you post a lot.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I post what I believe. You can accept or reject it if you want with no effect whatsoever to me. Many threads on ATS is what people believe to be true. I respect your responses to my posts because it is your belief or opinion of what you believe to be true. I only ask for the same respect.

If I post what I believe to be true, and if someone shows me that it isn't true, I won't close my mind or defend my misguided beliefs to the bitter end. I will most assuredly thank that person.

Well what do you believe is the truth then?

This, I would like to know.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

You don't understand, Jesus is the spirit of life itself. If I live for him, then to what I am and do lives on throughout eternity.

I can assure you here that I am Spirit, I only ride in a body, and my name is not Jesus. Now I am Spirit, and I am quite alive, so that statement is just wrong, isn't it?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The OP screwed it up when he talked of hell at the end, pay no attention to that, because God is a God of love and love to be love must be FREE.

Ok Man, so what exactly do you call the state of someone not knowing love, being loved, or knowing how to give it?

If you aren't loved in the most deepest of ways, what life do you have?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join