It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Provision

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
(John 3:16), "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

(2nd Corinthians 5:21), "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

(Isaiah 53:4,5), "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.  But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

(Isaiah 53:6), "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

(Philippians 3:9), "And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith."

(Revelation 22:17), "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

(Colossians 1:14), "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins."

(Titus 2:14), "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

(Hebrews 9:26), "For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

(Hebrews 10:12,14), "But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God."  "For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."

(Ephesians 1:7), "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace."

(Ephesians 2:8,9), "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

(1st John 5:13), "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

(Revelation 1:5), "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood."

(John 6:47,51), "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."  "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

(John 5:24), "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

(John 10:28), "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

(John 11:25,26), "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

(Acts 15:11 and 16:31), "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."  "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

(Acts 13:38,39), "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses."

The Lord in 2nd Peter 3:9 is "not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (Greek -"metanoia," "a change of mind").  If you have never received Christ as your Saviour, then the Lord wants you to change your mind.  He has expounded upon Hell, written in minute detail concerning His death, burial and resurrection, now the choice is yours.  Your decision will last for all eternity, whether in Heaven or Hell.  This is one decision you live or die by and, upon death, it becomes irreversible.  I hope that reading the Scripture concerning Hell will persuade you to receive by faith, God's provision for your sin, the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

Your "God" has provided nothing. If the Bible is taken to be fact, he has sold slavery to us, for the price of our souls.

If that's your kind of deal, then it's no wonder the world is f***ed. Why do we even pretend to have free will, when we're so willing to give it up?

edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here we go again. Anyone care to provide another history lesson, and show the corruption in the Bible to the OP? Seems like the new preachers would read in the Religious threads to see how these little sermons are taken in ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You can't show anything to a man who has put out his own eyes for the sake of ignorant peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You can't show anything to a man who has put out his own eyes for the sake of ignorant peace.

HAHAHA loved it.
You are on the spot.
A star for you my friend

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Corruption can not take away what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes. It is one thing to read one translation of the Bible, it is another to read multiple translations followed by Greek and Hebrew translations and word interpretations as well as archaeological findings that solidly many stories in the Bible. Researching and studying history especially the history of those who have tainted the Bible by mistranslating it and adding words to fulfill their agenda is apparent. Their is a spiritual aspect to this life that we live in that very few seem to be aware of and once an individual becomes aware of this their perspective on many things change. Their are forces at work preventing people from learning the truth. I care not if I am ridiculed or persecuted for what I believe. I know what I know to be truth because of what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes. Can no one take that away from me or tell me otherwise. Thank you for your responses and understand that I am willing to take the risk in believing what I believe knowing the consequences if it is true. If not, then I lose nothing. God bless you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Their is a spiritual aspect to this life that we live in that very few seem to be aware of and once an individual becomes aware of this their perspective on many things change.

And as with all things, there is no one right way to look at it. There are a few wrong ways, but as long as a view is not harmful, it is fair game. Yet you would push your personal view on us all, regardless of how well we live our lives already based on our spiritual journeys.

You are a Group-Searcher, I am a Personal Searcher. My journey is my own, and you don't know nearly enough to tell me I'm doing it wrong. My Buddhist friend, who has mastered more spiritual arts than you ever will, has told me that I am doing well, and that I see more than others.

You can take your Dollar Store spirituality and put it in the trash where it belongs. I'm a bigger fan of "antiques" spirituality: it was made better, it lasts longer, it's a more appreciable quality, and it isn't FAKE AS F***!!!

If not, then I lose nothing. God bless you.

Hmm...don't be too sure. It depends on whether you live to learn, or just to survive. In any case, have a good one.

edit on 21-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I post what I believe. You can accept or reject it if you want with no effect whatsoever to me. Many threads on ATS is what people believe to be true. I respect your responses to my posts because it is your belief or opinion of what you believe to be true. I only ask for the same respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It is your right to believe what you want to believe.

However, I would prefer it if you believed in something that didn't encourage you to let this world go to hell. We are the masters of the Terra Firma, and we must save it. If we don't, who will?

And I don't buy that Jesus bullcrap. I'll believe that when I see it. It's been 2,000 years and look at everything we've done in that time. Either we step on the gas now, or we're f***ed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Just reading your response here show what little you know of spiritual things. You sound angry inside and I am sorry about whatever happened to you in your life to make you this way. You should ask your super spiritual buddhist friend why you are so angry and how you can be a nicer more educated person. Anyways, continue on with your hate filled words.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We are a materialistic society. If anyone knows anything of spirit, it is not the average American. We know more of shiny cars and big houses and drugs and politics than we do of anything spiritual.

I can see the bigger picture though. And if you believe that Jesus is the only way, then you are blinded by hope. It is one thing to let hope light the way, another matter entirely to see nothing BUT hope.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yet you would push your personal view on us all, regardless of how well we live our lives already based on our spiritual journeys.

Voicing? Yes. Pushing? No.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Yes, but then all the idiots of the world that we're trying to get to think critically are inevitably attracted to the easy road, the road that looks like it goes somewhere, but actually just goes in circles.

You are leading the world in circles. We're trying to break through the wall and head for a better land.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Two people that seem to be on the opposite side and are dualisticly trying to convince each other that the other is on the wrong road (while both knowing to much) and they both have a point to make that makes perfect sense. You gotta love the reality around us. Where two seemingly opposite ways of thinking can be true.

Maybe that is why Jesus say love thy enemy. Sometimes the one you think is opposite is your biggest ally in the end. Namaste

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

We are a materialistic society. If anyone knows anything of spirit, it is not the average American. We know more of shiny cars and big houses and drugs and politics than we do of anything spiritual.

I can see the bigger picture though. And if you believe that Jesus is the only way, then you are blinded by hope. It is one thing to let hope light the way, another matter entirely to see nothing BUT hope.

He has right that christ consiousness (gnosis and whatever else you choose to call it) is probably the only way to get true grace. But he has probably not noticed is that you can get christ consiousness from whatever view you have on what god is. And the understanding of spiritual knowledge gives a very different interpetration when reading the bible with grace/the holy spirit/in the oneness with god. When god teaches duality religious views in the end no longer matter. There is the ones who understand and the ones who have not gotten it yeet.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

That's about the size of it...in my own personal opinion, of course.

Omniscience is about understanding all of the perspectives. To push only one viewpoint is the exact opposite. So why would "God"s omniscience be such an important facet of his being, and yet we're told to stick to exactly one perspective, which is as far as you can get from being like their "God".

The lack of sense is absolute horrifying.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
On a lighter note, thank you for this post its exactly what i needed to read today.
god bless

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kronix

If that's what you needed to read, you must be ready for bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There is hope is you choose to accept it.
This will not drag us down.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by mojo2012

Yes, but then all the idiots of the world that we're trying to get to think critically are inevitably attracted to the easy road, the road that looks like it goes somewhere, but actually just goes in circles.

You are leading the world in circles. We're trying to break through the wall and head for a better land.

Jesus has already stated to take his yoke for his burden is light...

What did he teach? Love. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Be Merciful, poor in spirit, meek, etc.

This is how love, peace, and joy are created while eliminating negative things such as materialism, greediness, murders, etc.

If you think you have a better idea on how to accomplish these things then feel free to voice your opinion.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join