It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Wants Egyptian Forces out of Sinai

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Israel Wants Egyptian Forces out of Sinai

en.ria.ru

Israel has asked Egypt to remove its tanks from the Sinai Peninsula because their continued presence violates the peace agreement between the two countries, Israel's Maariv daily reported on Tuesday.

The message was sent via the White House because Israeli ties with Egypt have become strained in recent months, the paper said. The warning came as Egypt continues to increase its military presence, without coordination with Israel.

The Egyptian army massed troops in the Sinai Peninsula after
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Egypt Breaks Peace Treaty With Israel

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So Egypt decides to end the Peace treaty with Israel, yet Israel still expects Egypt to abide by it?

As The Calgarian mentioned in his thread discussing the treaty being broken this could all be another potential land grab attempt by Israel.

I wonder under what grounds Israel has the right to tell Egypt to leave Sinai...they even got Uncle Sam to do their bidding and send this request.

Are you scared Israel?

This situation is moving fast.

en.ria.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Israel scared?

With the might of the US firmly behind them?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Egypt should just tell Israel to piss off. Egypt may just be wanting to be ready if Israel tries another sneak attack like they did the last time Israel cried we are defending ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Dont forget the Six Day War back in 1967 were Israel successfully held off the combined forces of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and UAE.

Between 776[3] and 983 Israelis were killed and 4,517 were wounded. 15 Israeli soldiers were captured. Arab casualties were far greater. Between 9,800[5] and 15,000[6] Egyptian soldiers were listed as killed or missing in action. An additional 4,338 Egyptian soldiers were captured.[7] Jordanian losses are estimated to be 6,000[9][10] killed or missing
and 533 captured,[7][8] though Gawrych cites a number of some 700 killed in action with another 2,500 wounded.[4] The Syrians were estimated to have sustained some 1,000 killed in action.[152] 367 Syrians were captured.[7]

Source

I do not under estimate Israels conviction in the least to defending their exsistance as a nation or to protect its interest.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infinipus

Israel scared?

With the might of the US firmly behind them?

They were too scared to ask Egypt themselves, so they had to get the United States to pass on the request so in that aspect yes they do appear to be frightened.

I'm not doubting the might of the Israeli military especially with the US backing them up so perhaps you took my post out of context.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Israel agreed last year for Egypt to station 7 battalions, including tanks and helo's but Egypt never deployed the full amount. Now they have, with a few more on top (operational need?) after the latest round of attacks and Israel agreed not two weeks ago that Egypt could mount an offensive against Jihadi's.

I am baffled as to why the story is now being spun to look like Egypt is some sort of aggressor. They are operating with the full knowledge of the Israeli's!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes I remember that conflict.

The United States wasn't supplying arms to almost every nation in the Middle East like they are now so these neighboring nations would be much more prepared to defend themselves compared to the conflict you mentioned.

I'm not saying Egypt would win, it's just it would not be a walk in the park like all their past interactions.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I dunno folks...Israel has some mean toys to play with...even by todays standard egypt would be hard pressed to give em a reason to use em.

Still, it might just be part of Israel's master plan of playing the role of victim to justify going waffle stomping.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I am baffled as to why the story is now being spun to look like Egypt is some sort of aggressor. They are operating with the full knowledge of the Israeli's!

It's easy to understand why. Egypt's new president isn't the little American/ Israeli puppet like Mubarak. He's part of the "evil" Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Egypt is playing with fire here. Israel takes this land very seriously. Hopefully the U.S. still has enough influence over the Egyptian Army to make them back off. 12 Battalions is a ridiculous number of Army personnel to be there.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Israel actually have a legitimate concern in this instance. Or should they allow a large millitary build up on the border, of a potentially hostile force don't forget, unopposed?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by MDDoxs

Yes I remember that conflict.

The United States wasn't supplying arms to almost every nation in the Middle East like they are now so these neighboring nations would be much more prepared to defend themselves compared to the conflict you mentioned.

I'm not saying Egypt would win, it's just it would not be a walk in the park like all their past interactions.

Haha i knew you wouldnt have forgot, just a figure of speech.

My point is, the more you corner a Lion the dangerous they become. In the six day war Israel was attacked from all sides, a terrible scenario to be in, but rebelled enemy forces will minimal loses.

The Arab spring is developing into a situation much similar to past events.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

When the Israeli's gave the consent for the 7 battalions, it was post-Mubarak...

But then, it was the Military Council, which was Mubaraks cohorts...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

What I would like to know is exactly why Egypt is jacking up it's forces on their border. They have the right to do so but I would like to know the exact reason. Some possibilities that come to mind are the recent planned meetings with Iran, recent violence in the Sinai, and even to protect against a possible Israeli attack that they may have inside intel about.

These are just speculations, but I am genuinely curious.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Remember that during the 6 day war, then although Isreal fought of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and UAE, then none of those countries worked together.

Israel pretty much beat their armies one by one, as no co operation existed between the different nations armies.

All the countries involved thought Israel would fall easily, thus they more or less fought each other, so that once the dust settled, the most active member could claim the biggest spoils of war, result, as stated earlier, Israel could beat the armies one by one.

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Given they only have 12 battalions there, I doubt it is for anything other than the stated reason, which is for taking care of militants. They are actively fighting them there, you know.

12 battalions is only around 8-9000 men. Hardly an invasion force.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Being attacked from all sides, is still being attacked from all sides.

You have to redeploy all your current forces to cover a significantly larger area.

I will agree with you that if all four nations were more coordniated in their efforts, the result may have been a bit different, but not overly.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Egypt is playing with fire here. Israel takes this land very seriously. Hopefully the U.S. still has enough influence over the Egyptian Army to make them back off. 12 Battalions is a ridiculous number of Army personnel to be there.

Why should Israel take this land seriously it belongs to Egypt. This is just land that Israel is illegally occupying. And America should stay out of it. It's time these people dealt with their own problems by themselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Dont forget the Six Day War back in 1967 were Israel successfully held off the combined forces of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and UAE.

Between 776[3] and 983 Israelis were killed and 4,517 were wounded. 15 Israeli soldiers were captured. Arab casualties were far greater. Between 9,800[5] and 15,000[6] Egyptian soldiers were listed as killed or missing in action. An additional 4,338 Egyptian soldiers were captured.[7] Jordanian losses are estimated to be 6,000[9][10] killed or missing
and 533 captured,[7][8] though Gawrych cites a number of some 700 killed in action with another 2,500 wounded.[4] The Syrians were estimated to have sustained some 1,000 killed in action.[152] 367 Syrians were captured.[7]

Source

I do not under estimate Israels conviction in the least to defending their exsistance as a nation or to protect its interest.

I like how you make it sound like Israel was the one that was attacked when it was Israel that did the attacking. That's why it only lasted six days they stopped the war before the other countries could retaliate.

edit on 21-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join