It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Wants Egyptian Forces out of Sinai

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Dont forget the Six Day War back in 1967 were Israel successfully held off the combined forces of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and UAE.

Between 776[3] and 983 Israelis were killed and 4,517 were wounded. 15 Israeli soldiers were captured. Arab casualties were far greater. Between 9,800[5] and 15,000[6] Egyptian soldiers were listed as killed or missing in action. An additional 4,338 Egyptian soldiers were captured.[7] Jordanian losses are estimated to be 6,000[9][10] killed or missing
and 533 captured,[7][8] though Gawrych cites a number of some 700 killed in action with another 2,500 wounded.[4] The Syrians were estimated to have sustained some 1,000 killed in action.[152] 367 Syrians were captured.[7]

Source

I do not under estimate Israels conviction in the least to defending their exsistance as a nation or to protect its interest.

I like how you make it sound like Israel was the one that was attacked when it was Israel that did the attacking. That's why it only lasted six days they stopped the war before the other countries could retaliate.

edit on 21-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

Actually other countries were amassing armies on Israels border. When countries congregate to attack you first strike is often better than waiting for attack.

Remember than right now... Iran has actually said they want to obliterate Israel out of existence. In 1967 all Arab nations were keen on just that.

There's too much Jewphobia around at the moment.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
May 30th 1967. Jordan and Egypt signed a defense pact. The following day, at Jordan's invitation, the Iraqi army began deploying troops and armored units in Jordan. They were later reinforced by an Egyptian contingent.

On June 4 the decision was made by Israel to go to war. The next morning, Israel launched Operation Focus, a large-scale surprise air strike that was the opening of the Six-Day War.

Would Israel have gone to war if no one had put huge number of troops on their borders. Would Israel have attacked if Iraq had not been invited to deploy inside Jordan.

Lets not be naive people!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I know Israel and the Egyptian government have been working with each other due to cross border raids coming from the sinai. I know Israel has allowed an inrease on the Egyptian side however I dont think it was to include tanks, at least not that close to the border.

I am thinking behind the scenes Egypt and Israel are on the same page and I think publicly they are both playing to their respective citizens..

All politics are local.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I know Israel and the Egyptian government have been working with each other due to cross border raids coming from the sinai. I know Israel has allowed an inrease on the Egyptian side however I dont think it was to include tanks, at least not that close to the border.

It was in the MSM a couple of weeks ago - BBC and again, and again

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, one might think that at least someone on ATS would have a clue about the Sinai situation. Of course not, we're all too busy promoting our propaganda to actually be informed about the geopolitical situation there.

The fact is that there is rising issue in the Sinai from Al Queada sponsored groups. There has been rising problems and according to treaty, Egypt is responsible for putting these people down. Israel has asked Egypt to deal with these groups, and Egypt's response was to send in additional forces.

Obviously, this is not acceptable to Israel, even though they want Al Queada dealt with in the Sinai.

It will be interesting to see if Egypt choses to remain the number 3 power in the Arab world, or if the Muslim Brothers choose to serve the Persians.

-zz

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have a theory as to why the Iraq war and soon to be our intervention in Syria is happening. Look at the map. What separates Iran from Israel? Iraq and Syria. If Iran were to ever attack Syria they would have to go through Iraq and Syria first. Which means they would have to go through US forces there. We would shoot down any Iranian missiles and there's no way they would get tanks or troops into Israel. Israel is safe...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by stumason

Are you Joking? Morsi is US educated and has links to the CIA going back years, he was also the USA's and Israel's No.1 choice for the position. Hes even more of a puppet that Mubarak ever was.

The Muslim Brotherhood is a Masonic brotherhood and well known CIA, MI6 front organisitaion.

All this is just clever posturing on his part as he has a tough job to do, he has to do the bidding of his masters but has to keep the Jihadi's on side.

The Muslim Brotherhood was set up by the CIA, MI5 and Mossad with the specific purpose of overthrowing non compliant muslim regimes and replacing them with compliant, faux-democracys which are directly under control of the elite while using propaganda to fool the populations in those countrys into thinking their governments are democratic, independant and pro Islamic just like them.

socioecohistory.wordpress.com...

edit on 21-8-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

CIA and OSS didnt exist when the muslim brotherhood was founded. founded in 1928.

oss was not until just before ww2, CIA long after....

www.mtholyoke.edu...
edit on 22-8-2012 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
map of the sinai peninsula.

looks to me as though the sinai peninsula belongs to egypt.
if they tell their neighbor that some military maneuvers will be going on, then i don't see the problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
the sinai peninsular is under a UN mandate for protection of which the usa provides a lot of the manpower...

en.wikipedia.org...

the welcome they got in dahab when they arrived in an ambulance full of budwieser was legendary in 94

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As a result of 1973 war Israel agreed to give Sinai (that was left in Israeli hands after the war) back to Egypt, while Egypt promissed to oblige the terms of treaty. In you hatred, you fail to understand that Egyptians breaking the terms of treaty works against any Israeli - Palestinian agreement because exchanging territories for promisses with Arab leaders does not hold for more then few decades.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stillwind

Being SMUG got you ignored, Mr. Smartypants. learn that.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Israel agreed last year for Egypt to station 7 battalions, including tanks and helo's but Egypt never deployed the full amount. Now they have, with a few more on top (operational need?) after the latest round of attacks and Israel agreed not two weeks ago that Egypt could mount an offensive against Jihadi's.

I am baffled as to why the story is now being spun to look like Egypt is some sort of aggressor. They are operating with the full knowledge of the Israeli's!

So they agreed to 7, Egypt has stationed 12. How is that not Egypt breaking the agreement? The anti-Israel lapdogs on this site look for any excuse to demonize Israel, who is completely in the right here. Oh, and CE ... you obviously have no idea how these things work. It's extremely common for one Nation to convey a message as a proxy when two nations are not getting along.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
So they agreed to 7, Egypt has stationed 12. How is that not Egypt breaking the agreement? The anti-Israel lapdogs on this site look for any excuse to demonize Israel, who is completely in the right here. Oh, and CE ... you obviously have no idea how these things work. It's extremely common for one Nation to convey a message as a proxy when two nations are not getting along.

It is international laws and until Israel starts to respect all laws and UN resolutions and removes settlers and its force from occupied territory, no one will see Israel having right in yet another issue.

Speaking of word 'respect', I wonder if that word exist in whole region at all.
edit on 23-8-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

It is international laws and until Israel starts to respect all laws and UN resolutions and removes settlers and its force from occupied territory, no one will see Israel having right in yet another issue.

Speaking of word 'respect', I wonder if that word exist in whole region at all.
edit on 23-8-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

Your saying it is international laws means nothing. I say it is not international laws. I can actually back up my statement, can you? If you are right then Egypt would do as they wish and Israel would not be involved. If I am right then the stationing of batallions was an agreement reached by Egypt and Israel cooperatively. Want to guess which one of us is right?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
All I am saying that in my eyes as well in eyes of many, Israel would look much better if they comply with UN resolutions, move away from occupied territory, remove concentration fence they have built, allow others to have equal rights in their country, and stop pushing Palestinians around.

Not long ago there has been reports where they destroyed only income for some Palestinian villages by removing olive trees, Wasn't it couple weeks ago where army did nothing to help Palestinians while angry mob was killing their sheep??

It is not very nice to see someone stating that someone's else land was given to him by God. That reminds us of middle ages if not even ancient history...

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join