It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skateboarder Punched In The Head By LAPD Officer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brilliance

Originally posted by Samuelis
That will teach him. Sometimes kid's just need a good thumping to learn some respect.

Got that right!

Punks, all of them. Should have been properly disciplined in the first place but the parents of these punks are often drug addicts themselves.

What, because they skateboard?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The real outrage for me is the inability to hold them accountable like any other person who would tackle someone restrain their arms and legs then punch them in the face with 5 friends helping. They are never held accountable for their actions and the "punishment" they receive is usually just a payed vacation (admin leave) this is a reward for doing something wrong...

If I was to get some of my friends to go out looking for trouble tackle someone whose weeds are too long in their yard tie them up and punch them in the face, I would qualify for a laundry list of charges...yet when the police do it, they are rarely even investigated let alone actually charged with a crime...This is why the statement that the police are above the law is for the most part...absolutely true.

If you stand back really look at what the police have turned into you could almost mistake them for a criminal organization.

They kidnap...hold for ransom...charge for protection/service whether you like it or not...they are a "brotherhood" which is a PC way of saying "gang"...they don't follow their own rules and are above the rules they enforce on others....the entire atmosphere of being a police officer promotes a bloated sense of authority and security in their actions.

The "good cops" everyone refers to are being weeded out because the gang doesn't like "rats" and if you see some misconduct...well you will either keep your mouth shut or you might just not get any backup the next time you need any...

The misconduct would stop if they were held accountable for their actions to the same degree the average citizen would be if they did the same thing. Once they realized they could get assault and battery charges sent to jail and lose their jobs for hitting someone....this stuff would stop. But no one is holding them accountable because they either A) investigate themselves
or B) get to pick and chose a 3 party to investigate

I have an idea, how about a random selection of the population (much like a jury selection) to investigate police misconduct incidents...nah, not in a million years.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
These f**kin cops...
I wonder what was his ORIGINAL charge?
Cops cant arrest you for resisting arrest...
Police in my area did the same thing to me...except I got a kick to the head and 3 tazers...

Also is it just me,or does there seem to almost be a hidden agenda against the minority community,particularly blacks...All the videos and headlines I see of police brutality/excessive force have been black victims...
Could just be a coincidence...or maybe someone somewhere is trying to cause a racial uproar in communities for whatever reasons...idk but all I do know is WAR my friends..WAR is coming

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
thats what happens to you if you dont have a train ticket in melbourne aust

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
very sad thing to see

BTW when will people with cellphone cameras learn to film sideways

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brilliance

Originally posted by Samuelis
That will teach him. Sometimes kid's just need a good thumping to learn some respect.

Got that right!

Punks, all of them. Should have been properly disciplined in the first place but the parents of these punks are often drug addicts themselves.

I hope you're kidding buddy. The dude's crying in the video like a little girl. I don't think a dude that sensitive is capable of committing a crime worthy of being belted in the face repeatedly. If you are joking you've got a crude sense of humour, this sh#t isn't funny (to me anyway). And if you're not joking, then god damn... what are you, a skatist? Or a racist? Why would this guy's parents be drug addicts? Because he's black? Because he skates? Both??

"Punks, all of them"? All of who? Skaters? Black kids? You've got issues son

edit on 21/8/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Once again. If you don't run you don't have this happen.

So many times people die die that shouldn't die. There is a case where a man killed a tagger. Now that was wrong. But I also say, what if he wasn't defacing peoples property, would he be dead now... and the answer is no.

I don't get arrested, harassed or accused of anything. The reason is I don't do anything stupid, or be anywhere inappropriate.

Simple really.

If the skateboarder hadn't run, he wouldn't have been held down by officers and the punch wouldn't have occurred. I'm not saying the punch was right I'm saying ... we'll ... if you can't get what I'm saying then you will always be the victim aye!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I , as a skateboarder, could not disagree more with your statements. Let's not think so much on a legal scale here a minute. While there are always those "jerks", it's just a media generalization. Most of the skaters I've met are actually very respectful. We understand when what we get into when we decide to do those stairs, or those rails. If we get hurt we get hurt. They're actually not noisy. It depends on you're wheels. And so what if we grind on rails or curbs? The most damage is paint loss. The actual metal won't be affected so much as to require a repair. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Good to see some fellow ATS skaters \m/.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
These f**kin cops...
I wonder what was his ORIGINAL charge?
Cops cant arrest you for resisting arrest...
Police in my area did the same thing to me...except I got a kick to the head and 3 tazers...

Also is it just me,or does there seem to almost be a hidden agenda against the minority community,particularly blacks...All the videos and headlines I see of police brutality/excessive force have been black victims...
Could just be a coincidence...or maybe someone somewhere is trying to cause a racial uproar in communities for whatever reasons...idk but all I do know is WAR my friends..WAR is coming

Cops can't arrest you for resisting arrest? Really? No.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Even if there is another side to the story, it does not excuse hitting the kid when he is obviously unable to resist because he has five guys on top of him. That punch to the head was just a cheap shot from a frustrated cop .
edit on 21-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Why is it ok to judge all police by the actions of some in a handful of videos?

Look how easily people slip into "they are all pigs.. gristle for brains.. should all die..".. because of a single video of a few cops. Wow. Out of 683k plus law enforcement officers, it's ok to paint them all with the same broad brush? And I used to think the majority of folks here were logical, thinking adults. Foolish me.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I've never met a good cop

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

It isn't a coincidence. Cops have the tendency to harass minorities, especially blacks.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
regardless of what happened it always amazes me when some one breaks out the camera, poof 500 cops out of nowhere so they can scatter and hope they don't get the cops id on camera, so there was what 45 cops there 15 cruisers or more, what was going on around the corner while half the police department was "scaring off witness' rofl
GREAT POLICE WORK!!! good thing we got that skateboarder who was mouthing off to us, to bad 5 lbs of crack just got sold across the street along with 14 guns 25 hookers, and maybe some terrorist walked right on by lol with 45 cops standing there looking good

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Right, wrong or otherwise; they'll be outed eventually. This is 2012. Youtube exists. It's a whole new ball-game.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCuriousKid
reply to post by HIWATT

Good to see some fellow ATS skaters \m/.

Careful!

Skateboarding is now not only a crime, it's TERRORRRRISMMMMMMM !

Next thing you know the pigs will be dog piling people coming out of the local gym.. because, you know... getting some exercise must mean you're part of some al qaeda sleeper cell

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by TheAnarchist

It isn't a coincidence. Cops have the tendency to harass minorities, especially blacks.

Ironic, as a lot of the cops in that video looked very "mexi-cali"

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
reply to post by wirefly

I was actually implying that instead of becoming a cop, they become a doctor. Not turn all cops into doctors.

That would be silly.

So,are you saying that there are no corrupt doctors?Are you saying that doctors never do anything to violate anyone or act contrary to the Hippocratic Oath?

I would like to note that there are corrupt and abusive people in pretty much all walks of life and professions.I am not defending these officers actions,as I think it's despicable,but to just arbitrarily make a blanket statement that ALL or MOST officers of the law are scum and corrupt is a false assertion.
It is undeniable that there are power hungry cops in the world.But there are power hungry people in many professions that take advantage of their positions and treat their subordinates like crap.I live in NC and was a nurse back in the 90's and I worked (among other places) at two of the best and well known hospitals in the country
uke Hospital and UNC Hospital at Chapel Hill.There were good and bad physicians and nurses that I encountered during my nursing career.
Just like there are good and bad teachers,clergy and many others in professions that take advantage of their position and status.And the same goes for parents and children/teens.I have definitely run into some teens that needed an attitude adjustment and a lesson on how to be respectful--some can be real a-holes and need a rude awakening.But I hesitate to lump an entire group of people together because there are good and bad people in the world PERIOD.

My take on this particular incident is that no matter what things this guy had that he neglected to show up for,it sounded like they were fairly minor in the scheme of things and if he's just riding a skateboard down the road even if he DID take off how does that give anyone the right to use excessive force and beat someone?What they stopped him for was not a violent offense,he was not dealing drugs,attempting murder,armed robbery or rape or involved in any other kind of nefarious activity,I heard and saw nothing in video or article that mentioned him being armed,so I see absolutely no justification in any of this.

I also concur with everyone else who said that in the LA area where this took place there most CERTAINLY had to be more important things to focus their energies on that were far above and beyond this issue....but no--lets go after this guy instead and leave the rest of the violent and despicable reprobates alone and to their own devices

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

A comment below said this will teach him a lesson. Listen i could stop crime overnight if you all agreed to hard sentencing and prisons that float at sea. But come on You don't hit a person when they are down.
And to bring colour into. That is a cop out.
The way in which the police are using heavy handed tack-ticks on members of the public, that has been brought to light recently is appaulling
If you do the crime then face the punishment but not this # That cop should be arrested and brought up on charges for assault Plan and simple

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join