It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skateboarder Punched In The Head By LAPD Officer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully that video makes it into the hands of his superiors. Truly excessive. Don't let this fool you though. Bad cops can easily be villified. Good cops are rarely heralded for their good deeds. You say "cops are pigs"? I say "bullies are bullies badge or none"
edit on 21-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Where is the video that shows what happened before several cops were on top of him?

Who would have guessed, that another biased thread would appear, showing only one side of the story...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Was it one punch in the face?

Despicable, but I don't expect some lottery size payout. Maybe a discipline charge.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You think the LAPD would have learned its lesson.......

People haven't forgotten what happened in the Nineties

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's because the cops are too weak. They spend too much time eating fast-food and getting free treats at gas stations ie donuts and such. If they actually worked out and lifted weights, then they wouldn't need to cheap shot someone in the face. But that is what America has become, LAZYYYYYYYYYY.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Contrary to popular belief here on ATS, not all Police officers are bad...

I only saw one officer acting inappropriately in the video by punching the already apprehended "criminal." This being said, it isn't fair to judge all officers based upon the actions of a few.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

If you watch the video, the guy is still fighting, he pushes one cop up.

That is going to get you in trouble.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A. Don't resist arrest. If you don't want to get roughed up, and haven't done anything wrong, there is no reason to fight them. B. Given the choice between a punch, pepper spray, or a tazer if I was fighting, I'd choose the punch in the face. I shouldn't even have to point out that the guy probably has a record and did something to bring the police in the first place.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Every time I hear somebody say 'This is a free country" I want to just punch them right on the mouth. It most decidedly is not a free country, and I have been patiently waiting for everyone to get serious about cleaning things up, about creating the kind of future we seem to agree the Earth deserves.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo
A. Don't resist arrest. If you don't want to get roughed up, and haven't done anything wrong, there is no reason to fight them. B. Given the choice between a punch, pepper spray, or a tazer if I was fighting, I'd choose the punch in the face. I shouldn't even have to point out that the guy probably has a record and did something to bring the police in the first place.

I'd pick pepper spray, you ever had a broken nose or orbit socket?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
That is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully that video makes it into the hands of his superiors. Truly excessive. Don't let this fool you though. Bad cops can easily be villified. Good cops are rarely heralded for their good deeds. You say "cops are pigs"? I say "bullies are bullies badge or none"
edit on 21-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

Some people can't reconcile the fact that even "good" cops enforce laws written by corrupt people. If you're just following orders without making moral judgements you may as well be a robot.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

"to protect and to serve" Is not inaccurate, it's just not referring to us! lol... They protect and serve alright... Their masters! But hey every good mafia needs some muscle don't they!

Okay now onto the video...

Firstly we have no idea what the kid did but saying that I'm fairly certain 3-4 burley coppers can handle a 19 year old kid without punching them in the face!

What was most shocking to me was what happened afterwards! There was one copper there trying to cover the video camera, he asked the person filming to move back which is fine and they complied! Then they just keep pushing! The person filming had EVERY GOD DAMN RIGHT to stand there! And to document what was happening! I wish they would have stuck up for themselves a little more...

Then it got even worse with about 10 cops turning up! For a skateboarder that had already been subdued and a bunch of girls! LMAO What the hell is that all about? Then they just keep pushing the crowd back halfway down the bloody street! They have ZERO right to do that! What are they afraid of exactly? What do they have to hide?

It gets me so vexed to see this crap again and again!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I've had em all. Never by a cop, though. Pepper spray from some guy in high school, my sisters boyfriend got me with a tazer at a party, and I slipped on ice and busted my nose and knocked out both my front teeth. Hurt like #, but the pepper spray hurt for days, and the tazer made me piss my pants. lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bubaroo

heh sounds like the taser is actually the way to go.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
yes this is really bad!
but people,you have to wake up!!!! the police have been handed this power,and now have the military to back them up. this is people control at its best! look at so few cops had the power to make the bigger crowd of civilians walk away! their tactics seem to be working,and i'm sure this story (like so many others like this) will just go away,and the rest of us will just fear the police --- just what they want!
tell me,how is it YOU feel lately when a cop car pulls up behind you? or follows you? or god forbid,pulls you over!
you feel guilty right off the bat! then they ask you why are you acting so nervous!!!

that right there is enough to detain you in cuffs,untill they can find something,anything suspicious to arrest you!
their psychological warfare is working great!
those people that got chased away had every right to be on the sidewalk-public space.
they were not interfering with the police. they had a right to speak out against what was obviously
wrong doing by the cops.
get use to it folks,this stuff is happening more and more,and it will only escalate until riots break out.
then its marshal law time! isn't that what tptb really want? total population control?!
god help us

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

you can't appeal to all people with logic

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
All of those cops for one skateboarder!!!

Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Im confused at to what I feel about skate boarders. Most of them are OK and just use the skateboard as aform of transportation.

But man! the ones that skateboard on other peoples property I have negative feelings about.

First they're trespassing.

Second they are usually vandalizing the property. If not directly than inadvertently when their skateboards mar up everything they grind against.

third. They are noisy as hell with all the clacking of skateboards flying around.

fourth. The owners of the property the skate boarders are riding on can be liable if the skate boarder hurts himself.

fifth. Skate boarders who do the above stuff also tend to act like jerks when told to take it elsewhere. I understand they are by and large kids but still i gets annoying. I live across the street from a school. Skateboarders cruising down the street to get to school are no problem. But when they get off school they all hang out in front of my house and take turns trying to grind on the curb. I let them do it because it's not like they are going to stop anytime soon.

SO I can completely understand, although its wrong, for the LAPD cop to bust the kid up a little and teach him some respect. Come on tell me the issue with most skateboarders this day isn't due to their lack of respect.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

You wouldn't be so nonchalant about it if it was you being manhandled by the cops. Getting beat up by people that are supposed to be protecting you is a unique emotional experience that is barely describeable in words, and not one that I expect someone who has never experienced it to understand. Cops are not there to protect us anymore. They are only there to protect the corporate establishment. We're just there to pay their bills for them. Pretty sad eh.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join