It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has hurt women worse than Todd Akin's words ever could

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

OK, Ill buy into your baiting. What "horrendous" things to you hear liberals saying about women that you feel the need to use it as an example?

It was Matt Taibbi, now of Rolling Stone magazine, who mocked my early championing of the tea party movement by jibing: "Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of (redacted) in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose."

It was Keith Olbermann, then at MSNBC and now at Al Gore's Current TV, who wrote on Twitter that columnist S.E. Cupp was "a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does" and who called me a "mashed up bag of meat with lipstick on it." He stands by those remarks. Olbermann has been a special guest at the White House.

Some of us have not forgotten when liberal Wisconsin radio host John "Sly" Sylvester outrageously accused GOP Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of performing "fellatio on all the talk-show hosts in Milwaukee" and sneered that she had "pulled a train" (a crude phrase for gang sex). (Earlier, he called former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a "black trophy" and "Aunt Jemima.")

Or when MSNBC misogynist Ed Schultz called talk show host Laura Ingraham a "talk slut" for criticizing Obama's petty beer summit. Or when Playboy published a list of the top 10 conservative women who deserved to be "hate-f**ked." The article, which was promoted by Anne Schroeder Mullins at Politico.com, included Ingraham, "The View's" Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann and others. Yours truly topped the list with the following description: a "highly f**kable Filipina" and "a regular on Fox News, where her tight body and get-off-my-lawn stare just scream, 'Do me!'"

And then there's the left's war on Sarah Palin, which would require an entire national forest of trees to publish.

www.vdare.com...

If these things had been said about the so-called anti-misogyny women on the left, they would be in hysterics, demanding that the attackers be fired immediately.

Liberals aren't serious in any of their 'concern' for women and their 'rights'. It's all just pandering to win points with gullible airheads and ensure their support. Look at the rapes (and crime in general) at OWS versus Tea Party rallies.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The theory he mentioned has not been disproved.

It is really hard not to go ballistic reading this. Get it through your heads people, the world is full of facts. Not everything is open to religious or politically-bias opinion. Akin did not forward a "theory." He spouted complete nonsense that has no basis in biology. It IS a medical fact that woman don't have a magical sperm shield or intelligent white blood cells that can evaluate whether the sperm entering her vagina is from a rapist or a consensual lover.

There is not such thing as a theory when something is a fact. Just like the "flat earth" stopped being a theory once science (and Magellan) proved the earth to be roughly spherical.

That you should think this disqualifies you from intelligent debate. I am sorry, but that's the case.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I really hope you see the difference between population control and abortions after rape

You said I was wrong in saying that abortion is not just an issue that affects women's bodies. That has been disproved. You didn't say anything about abortion after rape in specific.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

OK, Ill buy into your baiting. What "horrendous" things to you hear liberals saying about women that you feel the need to use it as an example?

It was Matt Taibbi, now of Rolling Stone magazine, who mocked my early championing of the tea party movement by jibing: "Now when I read her stuff, I imagine her narrating her text, book-on-tape style, with a big, hairy set of (redacted) in her mouth. It vastly improves her prose."

It was Keith Olbermann, then at MSNBC and now at Al Gore's Current TV, who wrote on Twitter that columnist S.E. Cupp was "a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does" and who called me a "mashed up bag of meat with lipstick on it." He stands by those remarks. Olbermann has been a special guest at the White House.

Some of us have not forgotten when liberal Wisconsin radio host John "Sly" Sylvester outrageously accused GOP Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch of performing "fellatio on all the talk-show hosts in Milwaukee" and sneered that she had "pulled a train" (a crude phrase for gang sex). (Earlier, he called former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a "black trophy" and "Aunt Jemima.")

Or when MSNBC misogynist Ed Schultz called talk show host Laura Ingraham a "talk slut" for criticizing Obama's petty beer summit. Or when Playboy published a list of the top 10 conservative women who deserved to be "hate-f**ked." The article, which was promoted by Anne Schroeder Mullins at Politico.com, included Ingraham, "The View's" Elisabeth Hasselbeck, former Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann and others. Yours truly topped the list with the following description: a "highly f**kable Filipina" and "a regular on Fox News, where her tight body and get-off-my-lawn stare just scream, 'Do me!'"

And then there's the left's war on Sarah Palin, which would require an entire national forest of trees to publish.

www.vdare.com...

If these things had been said about the so-called anti-misogyny women on the left, they would be in hysterics, demanding that the attackers be fired immediately.

Liberals aren't serious in any of their 'concern' for women and their 'rights'. It's all just pandering to win points with gullible airheads and ensure their support. Look at the rapes (and crime in general) at OWS versus Tea Party rallies.

so your best comparison is to compare a senate-hopeful to a shock-jock tv show host? Yeah, no stretch there at all

and to call ows and the tea-party liberal shows a helluva a lot of ignorance on your part.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Liberal men can say anything insulting or downright hateful about conservative women without a peep from other liberals. Conservative men, no matter what their role may be, can't say anything negative about liberal women without hysterical cries of 'misogyny' and having their job threatened i.e Rush Limbaugh.

I NEVER said that the Tea Party is liberal. It's conservative, hence why I compared it to OWS.
edit on 8/22/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Liberal men can say anything insulting or downright hateful about conservative women without a peep from other liberals. Conservative men, no matter what their role may be, can't say anything negative about liberal women without hysterical cries of 'misogyny' and having their job threatened i.e Rush Limbaugh.

I NEVER said that the Tea Party is liberal.

So, like I said, your only comparison to actual politicians is liberal tv/radio hosts. As I said before, no leap there at all....totally perfect parallel. Well done.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh is NOT a politician!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Rush Limbaugh is NOT a politician!

oh man, you are really bad at this.

I could lay out plenty of examples of "liberals" facing backlash for what they have said.

In the end, you are still comparing people like Olberman and Ed Schultz to Akin. As I said before, no leap there. Totally parallel. Well done.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Then do it. Give examples of liberal men who have insulted or degraded conservative women that have received backlash from leftists.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Then do it. Give examples of liberal men who have insulted or degraded conservative women that have received backlash from leftists.

Ed schultz for one. He was suspended not too long ago, for the exact event that you claim there was no backlash for:
www.washingtonpost.com... .html

ouch, that had to hurt, having your own example used against you.
Now, can you come up with any legitimate parallels for this argument, or are you going to continue to compare politicians to entertainers?
edit on 22-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join