It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has hurt women worse than Todd Akin's words ever could

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Committee on Science, Space and Technology

“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something..."

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibly scary that someone like that gets to sit on the "Committee on Science, Space and Technology"???

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!

What's next? Models doing surgery? Hell, let's get a professional foot masseuse to do our budget while we're at it.

Stuff like that makes me soooooo mad...especially if science is involved

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Hefficide

Committee on Science, Space and Technology

“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something..."

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibly scary that someone like that gets to sit on the "Committee on Science, Space and Technology"???

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?!

What's next? Models doing surgery? Hell, let's get a professional foot masseuse to do our budget while we're at it.

Stuff like that makes me soooooo mad...especially if science is involved

Whoa!!! It's all kind of making sense now actually. This pretty much explains why our space program up until last weeks Curiosity landing was pretty much non existant.It's because of inbred, backwards thinking, morons like Akin running the show behind the curtains.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here's how I look at it:

Most citizens are like those human batteries in the Matrix. You all have one purpose...to pay the rest.

Left, right, doesn't matter...those are just buzz words used in the gladiator games that is politics nowadays, used to distract the population and to ensure they stay obedient little batteries.

The "news" media broadcasting those gladiator games live and are owned by the very same people who want YOU to pay them. The very same people who LIE to all of those little obedient batteries.

Facts don't matter anymore...and that SUCKS!

Facts like that the largest single-policy contributor to the deficit are the BUSH TAX CUTS...tax cuts that were promised to "trickle down" (LOL) by creating jobs and increasing the average American's salary. Guess what, jobs were actually lost, and while your average salary increased by around 17% in a bit over 25 years, that of the top 1% increased by 419%. But do you hear Fox ever point out that FACT? Of course not!!

What's lacking is accountability...it was replaced by mindless (corporate sponsored) propaganda.

By the way, when I heard Akin's nonsense I immediately thought about Cartman:

edit on 21-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
this is silly
unemployment for almost every demographic has gone up since he became president
he inherited a recession and problems that have been compounding for decades
its ridiculous how people fail to realize none of this can or does happen overnight and that these are the results of past decisions as much or more so than current decisions
im not going to place blame and im not going to give my opinion of presidents past or current but regardless of what i think of obama to say he is responsible for the recession is ignorant or disingenuous
edit on 20-8-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

obama may not be responsible but he sure has done his best to make sure we don't recover any time soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

this is silly
its ridiculous how people fail to realize none of this can or does happen overnight and that these are the results of past decisions as much or more so than current decisions
im not going to place blame and im not going to give my opinion of presidents past or current but regardless of what i think of obama to say he is responsible for the recession is ignorant or disingenuous

Ok, lets just say for the sake of argument that I agree with you
. If obamas problems did come from the past President, then what kind of nightmare are we going to be in for after we kick obama out of the White House? Or will he be magically cleared of putting us in a deeper hole then we've ever dreamed of. How about the landmine called national health care? obama gonna get a pass on that hit were gonna take.
obama may not be guilty of causing it, but he is guilty of doing nothing to fix it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

this is silly

Ok, lets just say for the sake of argument that I agree with you
. If obamas problems did come from the past President, then what kind of nightmare are we going to be in for after we kick obama out of the White House? Or will he be magically cleared of putting us in a deeper hole then we've ever dreamed of. How about the landmine called national health care? obama gonna get a pass on that hit were gonna take.
obama may not be guilty of causing it, but he is guilty of doing nothing to fix it.

I'm pretty sure the millions who can now get the healthcare they need (your fellow citizens) whereas before they couldn't see it quite differently than you

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I didn't realize ATS supports "opposite day" like we've seen on Spongebob Squarepants. Being that today is opposite day, ATS'ers, go ahead and post the opposite of anything that would make sense, like this thread. Today we will do the opposite of denying ignorance on ATS. You have been updated, now go crazy with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by sonnny1

Its got to suck, knowing Obama is exactly like Bush, once you stop, to take a look..........

And voting in Romney would make that better....???

Voting in ANY Republican would make that UNsuck?

I'll take a Bush-like Obama over an Aiken-like Romney any day of the week.

Who said voting for Romney, WILL make it better......?

You ASSUME.

Its the ignorance of those who let Obama PASS, on everything they would have lambasted Bush for.

THATS A FACT.

Its Hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Contrary to conservative rhetoric, President Obama has been the thriftiest president since the 1950s.Government spending has actually slowed. Under Bush, spending inreased by 17.5% Under Obama, spending increased by 1.8%. and is scheduled to fall to 1.3% in 2013.

That 16 trillion dollar deficit says otherwise
Those cbo projections put the national debt at over 21 trillio within the next 4 years says otherwise.

The national debt with the great savior of the republic was 10 trillion spending 6 trillion in 3 years and remember who took power in congress in 2006 that would the the democrats who controlled the purse strings.

If people are that naive to perpetuate those lies "obama the thriftiest" just wow.

on the topic yeah wonder how many middle eastern women that the current "woman hater in chief" has killed in libya.Yemen.Pakistan,Somalia.

So when people say the left "cares" about women all I see is people stuck in the 50s thinking a woman needs a man/government to take care of them.

Obama/ and the left have set back womens rights a 100 years.
edit on 21-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The deficit says differently because it doesn't only depend on spending

If spending growth wasn't the cause (and it wasn't, that's a FACT), then what was it...I'm sure you'll figure it out

edit on 21-8-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by sonnny1

Usual rhetoric these days on ATS with nothing to back it up.

Really, I could easily back up ANYTHING I say, but even if I did, the response is this.............

Usual rhetoric these days on ATS with nothing to back it up.

Sometimes, the Horse Blinds are far too tight, to even look past the hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
It's funny to see Democrats latch onto the Akin story. They want to talk about any and everything except Obama's record on jobs, debt and poverty.

I do believe Republicans are also condemning Akin for his statements. It's one of the rare bipartisan agreements in recent years. In addition, it really has nothing to do with Romney versus Obama. It's about a politician with archaic views of women and rape.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So Mitt's comeback is "the economy sucks and women suffer"? Even though you cannot blame Obama alone for the state of the economy?

For crying out loud, the GOP isn't even for equal pay!

Neither are the Dems!
Just two peas in the same pod, if you ask me!

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday condemned companies that pay women less than men, but was unwilling to condemn Senate Democrats who pay their female staffers less than male staffers, saying that the Senate is “another world.”

Source

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There's not even anything wrong with what Akin said. Liberals just heard the buzz phrase 'legitimate rape', and as always, completely disregarded context and meaning, and began irrationally foaming at the mouth in the typical histrionic, Pavlovian fashion. They don't think at all- they just react. Any woman who falls for their pandering is a gullible, mindless sheep.
edit on 8/21/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

The President inherited the mess that Bush/Cheney left him. No woman who respects herself would vote for the G.O.P.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cfnyaami

I give a lot of respect to Hillary Clinton. She still accepted job as SOS, even though Obama denigrated her in the 2008 primaries. I wouldn't use Obama as an example.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
There's not even anything wrong with what Akin said. Liberals just heard the buzz phrase 'legitimate rape', and as always, completely disregarded context and meaning, and began irrationally foaming at the mouth in the typical histrionic, Pavlovian fashion. They don't think at all- they just react. Any woman who falls for their pandering is a gullible, mindless sheep.

Except for the fact that it is completely false. Except for the fact that he implied there was such a thing as a non-legitimate rape. Except for the fact that he tried to use this drivel to justify banning abortion.

Yup, just latching on to buzz words

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Except for the fact that it is completely false.

The theory he mentioned has not been disproved.

Except for the fact that he implied there was such a thing as a non-legitimate rape.

“If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." He's alluding to the fact that there are false allegations of rape, some of which involve a pregnancy.

Except for the fact that he tried to use this drivel to justify banning abortion.

He was specifically asked about abortion in the case of rape. He stated that pregnancy resulting from rape is rare before talking about the bodily function.

Liberal men can say horrendous things about conservative women with no uproar from leftist women. This proves that they're not serious in any of their whining about 'sexism' or 'misogyny'.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707

Duh... he said that raped women don't get pregnant.... so it's not difficult to see that's one hell of a dangerous myth to be spreading....... especially since intelligence levels are so lacking in a large sub set of our society. His comments were deeply offensive and given around 640,000 of us are raped here in the USA every year and about 5% result in pregnancy, with 1 in every 16 rapists walking around free due to chronic failure of our whole justice system, he's basically said to 32,000 women ..You weren't raped, or is 32,000 pregancies what we'd call rare ?
Talk about pushing the knife in.
There's not much worse than being sexually violated and it's not the death of a parent or murder of a loved friend, or physical assault, or a high speed car crash, not diagnosis with a serious life threatening disease, not witnessing a violent death, not losing your home or being robbed or kidnapped, not having food.. Sadly I know because I've experienced everything I've mentioned.

It would be good if you could reconsider calling us Pavlov’s dogs and mindless sheep because we are sick of being denigrated by pompous old fools that would like to legislate against us using our own judgment with regard to our bodies and our lives.

edit on 21-8-2012 by AliceBlackman because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2012 by AliceBlackman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
It's funny to see Democrats latch onto the Akin story. They want to talk about any and everything except Obama's record on jobs, debt and poverty.

I don't agree with Akin but his words are meaningless when you compare it to the real damage done to women by Obama.

Since President Obama Took Office, The Unemployment Rate Among Women Has Increased From 7% To 8.1%. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, 8/8/12)

Young Women Have Fared Even Worse In The Obama Economy – Unemployment Has Increased From 12.5% To 14.4%. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, 8/8/12)

Nearly 5.9 Million Women Are Currently Unemployed In The Obama Economy. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, 8/8/12)

Since President Obama Took Office, 401,000 Women Have Lost Their Jobs. (Bureau Of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, 8/8/12)

The Poverty Rate Among Women Is The “Highest In 17 Years” And The Extreme Poverty Rate Is “The Highest Rate Ever Recorded.” “Minorities and women were hit hardest. The poverty rate among women climbed to 14.5% in 2010 from 13.9% in 2009, the highest in 17 years. The rate of extreme poverty among women climbed to 6.3% in 2010 from 5.9% in 2009, the highest rate ever recorded.” (Aamer Madhani, “Obama Team Urges Swift Passage Of Jobs Bill,” USA Today, 9/13/11)

www.mittromney.com...

There's more.

Since President Obama Took Office, Median Household Income Has Declined More Than $4,000. “Yet real median household income in March was down $4,300 since Obama took office in January 2009 and down $2,900 since the June 2009 start of the economic recovery, according to an analysis of census data by Sentier Research, an economic- consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland.” (Mike Dorning, “Obama Fails To Stem Middle-Class Slide He Blamed On Bush,” Bloomberg, 4/30/12)

Median Family Net Worth Has Hit A Two-Decade Low. “The Great Recession shrank Americans' wealth so much that in 2010 median family net worth was no more than it had been in 1992 after adjusting for inflation, the Federal Reserve reported Monday. Median net worth declined from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010, a Fed survey of family finances found. The median marks the point where half had more and half had less.” (Martin Crutsinger, “Fed Report: Middle Class Net Worth Tumbles,” The Associated Press, 6/12/12)

Average Weekly Wages Declined In 2011, “One Of Only Five Declines Since The Category Was Created In 1978.” “Unemployment ebbs and flows, but one measure of the nation's economic health, average weekly wages, rarely dips. Until now. In the latest demonstration of the struggling economy that threatens President Obama's reelection, average weekly wages fell in 2011, one of only five declines since the category was created in 1978 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.” (Paul Bedard, “Wages Drop, Only 5th Time In 33 Years,” The Washington Examiner, 7/2/12)

This is why the Democrats want to talk about Todd Akin or Shamus the dog. Anything but Obama's economic assault on this country.

Todd Akin has nothing to do with Romney. It's funny, the same Democrats who told us Obama doesn't agree with his 20 year Pastor and Spiritual advisor, Jeremiah "GD America" Wright, are now trying to convince us a silly comment by Todd Akin is more important that the economic war waged by Obama and the Democrats on Women.

Yup it was Obama that created the Wall Street triple A rated Mortgage backed securities that exploded, plunging the whole world into the worst recession since the 1920's ... it's utterly amazing that the USA is doing so well in comparison to the rest of the world.. Europe would love our 2.5% growth rate and numerous countries may have preferred not to have seen massive rioting and social upheaval.
Don't get me wrong I'm definitely not in favor of the continuation of the removal of civil liberties which has continued from the Bush era..But I think people should wake up to the destruction of the global economy by Wall Street coked out gamblers. I’m afraid that it will be a cold day in hell when I could vote for a party, whose current leader is apparently so utterly naive that he accepted $9m to seed Bain Capital from families related to El Salvadorian death squads, and that is represented by patronizing scientific illiterates, of which Akin typifies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join