It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Terror Exercises Planned for D.C. Skies (Tonight 8-20)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Anti-Terror Exercises Planned for D.C. Skies (Tonight 8-20)

freebeacon.com

Air Force and Coast Guard aircraft will fly “intercept and identification” exercises over Washington tonight as part of efforts to prevent suicide aircraft attacks or other threats to the capital, a military spokesman said.

The latest exercise of what the North American Aerospace Defense Command calls “Falcon Virgo” involves Civil Air Patrol Cessna-182 light aircraft and a Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopter between 11:30 p.m. Monday and 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, NORAD said in a statement.

“We want to make sure people seeing these planes aren’t concerned,” said NORAD spokesman Jo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well I think this should be watched for a potential false flag. After all this is ATS. I remember all the drills that were taking place during 9/11 and reading this just sent an alarm bell off in my head.

I doubt anything will happen but I thought many of you would like to know. So I guess this can be the DC false flag watch thread.

freebeacon.com

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

I doubt anything will happen but I thought many of you would like to know. So I guess this can be the DC false flag watch thread.

freebeacon.com

Well, with simple light aircraft and a CG Dolphin helicopter, I doubt there's much gusto for a false flag, but nice catch anyway. Remember, 9/11 they were practicing with jumbo jets (which were then used), and on 7/7 they were practicing with bombs in the tubes (which then happened). I dont' see how a Cesna and Dolphin could do any real harm (hell, the Cesna's dumping pesiticides on us here in Dallas are probably more dangerous...ha!). Peace...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Yeah I saw that part ... But you know how sometimes they get a little carried away.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I doubt anything will happen also, but here is an interesting article to coincide:

On 15 August, insider, historian and political scientist Pierre Piccinin tweeted (in Belgian) “Selon mes sources OTAN, Israël attaquerait l’Iran le 20. Le monde se détournerait de la Syrie et le grand massacre pourrait y commencer.”

To anyone who doesn’t speak Belgian, the words “Israel” and “massacre” might stick out, but after translating the whole sentence, something more broadly significant begins to take shape.

“According to my NATO sources, Israel will attack Iran on August 20.”

source : ______beforeitsnews/war-and-conflict/2012/08/rumours-of-war-insider-says-israel-to-attack-iran-august-20-2443090.html?replytocom=203306

I can't attest to the validity of the "beforeitsnews" website, but interesting timing of the exercise/prediction nontheless.

edit on 20-8-2012 by UnBreakable because: added Belgian translation

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Well Its the 21st there now so I guess it didn't happen....

Thanks for posting it though

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I'm willing to bet $100 that this is nothing more than a drill, they have them all the time, how else would they prepare

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The fact that this exercise involves a Cessna and helicopter is interesting to me.

Saturday the August 11th, I was driving to pick my son up from work, listening to WTOP the Washington DC news/weather/traffic radio station.

They announced that the DHS was asking the public to take notice of small craft and helicopters flying too low, too slow, or hovering over an area that would seem out of place. The radio host continued stating that two helicopters had exhibited the odd behavior, someone had jotted down identifying numbers on the craft, and when checked--they turned out to be bogus.

Normally, news stories on this radio station are repeated, at least once an hour. I only heard this short blurb once, and I was listening for a few hours.

Anyone else hear this?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I wonder if that applies to the "black" helicopters I keep hearing about...

On a serious note thanks for posting that. I will be moving to the DC area this time next year so I have been researching the area to find the best places to live.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Where there's smoke....there is fire.

Seems they always are running a "drill" when bad stuff goes down.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
These exercises are more common in a lot of the US. Local law enforcement agencys and a host of others from local, state & federal are doing these in and over populated areas. Why? My opinion is that when the real false flag goes down no one will really suspect anything. At first that is. If they were actual exercises vs practice for something sinister then why not do this mess out over the ocean or other unpopulated area(s)?. It reminds me of one training scenario that happened in September of 2001 that turned out to be an actual event.

Heads up people.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well the drill looks like a non-event.

I guess we can all say that's a good thing.

new topics

top topics

join