It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax become first metal band played on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't know what the point of this is, anyway, congrats Anthrax

No words on ticket sales

Source: Not much to see, as i copied the whole thing

Anthrax have become the first metal band to be played on planet Mars. The Mars probe Curiosity has a wake-up playlist each day and on day 6 the 1990 Anthrax track 'Got The Time' was played on the Martian surface. 'Yes, there will be moshing on Mars,' commented Anthrax founder Scott Ian.

Other songs played, i like the Star wars theme

Curiosity has also played 'Echelon' by 30 Seconds To Mars, The Beatles 'Good Morning Good Morning', the Star Wars theme and Wagner's 'The Ride Of The Valkyries'.

Mods: Maybe this belong in the music section?
edit on 19-8-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Awesome. The mars rov has a music player. I wndered what it would have been like to have been a lone soul on mars while watching this thing come down onto my wasteland.. And then for it to play music.. May just blow my mind for good.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
...why.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't know the exact math off hand - and am admittedly currently too lazy to Google all of the necessary data.... But what I do know is that it costs a LOT of money - per ounce - to launch things into space...

Congratulations NASA you'd just let the taxpayers fund the most expensive mp3 player ever and I bet you didn't even care about us enough to Rickroll mars....

Anthrax in space....

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
...why.
To entertain the martians of course

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I hope they got some dubstep on that playlist.
If anything is going to penetrate deep undergound it's gonna be some heavy bass.
Maybe the Martians will pop up to see what all the noise is....

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I expect a full conspiracy on Anthrax being chosen because of the pentagram as some sort of illuminati symbolism.
The point is the picture ppl see is that of the pentagram even if it's mock picture.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I don't know the exact math off hand - and am admittedly currently too lazy to Google all of the necessary data.... But what I do know is that it costs a LOT of money - per ounce - to launch things into space...

Congratulations NASA you'd just let the taxpayers fund the most expensive mp3 player ever and I bet you didn't even care about us enough to Rickroll mars....

Anthrax in space....

~Heff

Leave it to NASA to put a stupid mp3 player on it instead of another piece scientific equipment.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am going to make another unpopular comment but oh well, it eventually had to come to this.

They should have played something off Sound of White Noise, easily the best work the band ever put out. I liked every song on that album.

There, my dirty work here is finished.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Anthrax in space....

~Heff

Leave it to NASA to put a stupid mp3 player on it instead of another piece scientific equipment.

Why?

They (NASA) are a joke for the most part anyway.
Might as well burn our money on silly novelties, how else are we going to achieve our government quota for frivolous waste?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Anthrax used to be one of my favorite bands as a teenager LOL
The other songs on the play list are good too, a nice collection of diversity....I would love to know if Enya is on that playlist....

Edit: Actually RUSH would be a better choice and what about Led Zeps Stairway to Heaven?? Sorry but I find this amusing....Should I be upset about it? Maybe but right now I really dont care....Those Nasa guys need to have some sort of good fun along with what I suspect is a serious job with a lot of stress....As far as wanting more room for equipment well maybe the MP3 is a multipurpose tool????
edit on 19-8-2012 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Damn glad it wasn't Slim Whitman.
I wonder if anyone will get the joke.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Martians are getting a better dose of earth music than us.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by buster2010

Anthrax in space....

~Heff

Why?

They (NASA) are a joke for the most part anyway.
Might as well burn our money on silly novelties, how else are we going to achieve our government quota for frivolous waste?

Do you know anything about NASA? Just look at how many inventions we have today due to the exploration of space.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Damn glad it wasn't Slim Whitman.
I wonder if anyone will get the joke.

Mars attacks?
]
edit on 19-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yup.

new topics

top topics

join