Originally posted by paxnatus
They are claiming, that Obama not only knows but condones what Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood are doing.
By the shear fact that he has not come out and condemned Morsi for his actions. Remember to not do something means you have done something.
I am stunned! I mean I don't like Obama at all strictly for his policies and the way he has belittled and put down the USA. Now, if this invitation
still stands, We do not have to worry about Obama or Romney, we will have much more important things on our plate.
Is Obama planning to attempt to bring Sharia law here? Yeah, I know what you are thinking, but please someone with a strong understanding of Mid East
unrest help me sort this out. I simply cannot understand why we would
befriend a barbarian like Morsi.
Help me uncover some truth here, please?
First off, I have to complement you on closing out your post the way did...with the open and honest plea for someone who has a really strong
understanding of the Middle East to clear things up for you. I have a Master's in History and until I got to that last paragraph or two I thought I
was going to have aneurysm.
As you may have guessed, the Middle East is massively complex, so here are just a few bullet points to clear up some all too common misconceptions
about the current situation(s) in the region that you had in your post.
1. Morsi was democratically elected by a majority of Egyptian voters in an election which had far greater scrutiny and controls against election
fraud than any election in the last 226 years in the U.S....mostly due to the international attention it was getting.
2. Our CIA was supporting the pro-military
and former Egyptian general Ahmed Shafik. Less than 48 hours before the polls opened in Egypt, a
real coup d'etat
by the Egyptian military stating that they had arbitrarily dissolved the newly elected Egyptian Parliament once it
became apparent that the CIA's candidate, Shafik, was going to lose the election.
3. You are correct that a true believer in a literal interpretation of the Qu'ran believes that crucifixion is a possible punishment for heresy.
However...before we pass judgement we should recall that a true believer in a literal interpretation of The Holy Bible believes that we should execute
people for pre-marital sex and mowing the lawn on Saturday, amongst other things. (see: immorality before marriage but detected afterwards, Deut.
22:13-21; Sabbath breaking, Ex. 31:14; 35:2; Num. 15:32-36.) Bear in mind, the modus operandi
for the death penalty at the time this was
written was either crucifixion or stoning to death. The lesson here? Pretty much anybody who thinks that we should be taking the words of nomadic
desert people from thousands of years ago both seriously and literally should probably be checked into a nuthouse as soon as possible.
4. Irrespective of what sort of exceedingly harsh punishments that Mosaic law demands for things like yard work, it also clearly states that all
governments derive their power to govern and rule by God himself...thus even questioning anybody's
government is, in and of itself, an act of
heresy... which is also punishable by death. (See "Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power
by God." Romans 13:1)
5. Just because Obama is meeting with Morsi doesn't necessarily mean they are "buddies". Kruschev was at the White House both before and after the
Cuban Missile Crisis. Was Eisenhower "buddies" with the Russians? Was Kennedy? Christ...we almost had full-blown, unrestrained nuclear war with
them. Sometimes meeting with one's enemies is a good thing as it fosters communication, negotiation and diplomacy.
6. The original article you cited came off of a religious "news" site, WND Faith. See numbers 3 & 4 for why we shouldn't be looking to
Bible-Believers to advise us on matters of law, foreign policy, or reason.
7. The WND Faith site draws it's conclusions from a "report" generated by a think tank deceptively called the "Center for Security Policy"...which
incidentally is largely funded by defense contractors who have a monetary interest in promoting fear and mistrust between Americans and the M.East.
8. On Aug. 3rd, 2007 the "Center for Security Policy" also openly advocated declaring George W. Bush emperor for life and wiping out the Arabic
people via an organized genocidal campaign to mirror Rome's treatment of the Gauls when they said "If President Bush copied Julius Caesar by
ordering his army to empty Iraq of Arabs and repopulate the country with Americans, he would achieve immediate results: popularity with his military;
enrichment of America by converting an Arabian Iraq into an American Iraq (therefore turning it from a liability to an asset); and boost American
prestige while terrifying American enemies."
Does this help at all?
edit on 17-8-2012 by milominderbinder because: formatting