It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any legit Gurus on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i am considering the book route. but i must observe the progress of man for some time longer. i will continue to read the signs as is the specialty of a Mage. and if i receive the right sign i will reveal the corresponding action. i do nothing without first receiving communication from the universe of a particular area i may be needed to do God's will.

I want to help you. i want to help everyone.. i truly do. but do not have the authority to do it. There is another.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

I am sorry but I can promise there is not one among us. Just people with nothing better to do with there off time.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

In my humble opinion, a true spiritual "guru" (using the term only because you chose it) would never label him/herself as such.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi,

Nice to see an intelligent and sincere post.

I knew about the site you mentioned, but I am more accustomed to another scale of consciousness, namely the scale of David Hawkins. You can check it out here: batr.org...

Hawkins site is here: consciousnessproject.org...

He is an american psychiatrist who became enlightened and has been teaching as a guru for many years. He is also famous for inventing a way to calibrate peoples level of consciousness via "muscle testing". His books are well worth to check out. I recommend "Power vs. Force" and "Transcending the levels of consciousness".

As for myself I have been with another teacher/guru that holds retreats/Satsang in Norway and Brazil. He is at the very top of Hawkins scale (1000). More info and videos etc. on him here: vasantswaha.net...

I am currently at level 563 on Hawkins scale. At this level I am always present in the now, there is very little thought activity, and there is kundalini energy going up the spine and hitting the brain in "pleasure waves" constantly (though it is not as intense as it was the first 6 months after I breached 540 on the scale). I can sit in meditation in complete silence and unity with the cosmos for as long as I want. I can also measure people's level of consciousness (and my own) using dowsing rods and Hawkins scale.

I also know about another very interesting guru, Shunyamurti, who has a retreat center in Costa Rica. The cool thing about him is that he talks a lot about conspiracy stuff, ufo's/ET's, the shift we are going through etc etc. He is above 900 on Hawkins scale. His site is here: www.satyogainstitute.org...
His youtube channel is here: www.youtube.com...

I really recommend you check out his book: "The Transformational Imperative: Planetary Redemption Through Self-Realization". It's really powerful. He also writes very powerful and fun essays on their website.

In general, it is really beneficial for a seeking person to be with a true guru. You can tell he is true by the field that is generated around him which will make you "high" on love when you are in his/her presence. As for female gurus I know about two: www.gangaji.org... and www.neelam.org... You will find vidoes etc. on youtube on both of these two.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
Bluemule: upon further reading of your posts it would seem that you have no idea how you got your enlightenment. am i right to say that you would say you got it by pure luck but after much study?

perhaps you have a good compassionate heart. perhaps you broke alot of rules following your conscience.

do you follow your conscience?

Thanks for your posts, and yes you're right - I don't know exactly how I got my enlightenment. I do have a very powerful heart and during my years of study it was swelled daily by aesthetic appreciation, compassion, epiphany and realization, which I dedicated to Divine Wisdom personified as the Goddess. I was somehow practicing my own version of bhakti yoga, and so, a combination of years of that and a gift from 'Divine Grace' is my guess as to how.

I couldn't have done it without the scholarship of the comparative fields. These vast fields undo the misconceptions about religion and mysticism that we all grow up in and absorb. Unlearning those misconceptions and filling in the blind spots activates something in the psyche. Jung would call that something the individuation process. So I point people to the comparative fields as best I can.

edit on 18-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well done man. i can tell. even tho you become enlightened it doesnt automatically mean you know all things. but it allows u to quickly learn and see in depth and solve problems. no problem is unsolvable with the universal equation in hand.

enjoy your journey. because unless u quoted what u said from someone u knew who was enlightened.. i know you couldnt possibly know that that is how the process goes. it is not written in any book i have ever come across. and it is the same way it happened to me. tho being a scientist i was observing taking notes just like a scientist would to analyse and understand this whole thing so i can explain it to others. i dont know why.. but we all have our journey to take.

i just know that i gained access to every secret document of the occult. original texts and tablets. i researched fervently and always had a compassionate heart for all of mankind.

i have tested God. i have cursed him.. i have spoken enraged at him. but all were true feelings and ibelieved so well in truth that i did not hold back my true feelings. ever pray to God and it was a total cuss out? LOL

but as time went by he showed me things.. answered my prayers directly more than once and to this day in manner so direct it was undoubtedly his work. my greatest prayer ever was to find truth and to find him. my entire life devoted to him.

studying multiple religions.. ancient history the occult and all forms of escoterism and myth. i sifted and sifted and prayed for truth to be revealed to me. read my bible cover to cover under the guidance of my guardian angel.. and that week of completing the bible is when it happened.

i wish i could prove it.. but is this world ready to accept this? ive always believed that if jesus came back again they would crucify him.. again. because we are such primitive animals. but also in my enlightenment i was told..

this time.. Jesus has no intention of turning the other cheek. interesting times ahead i can assure everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

well done man. i can tell.

Thanks, and same to you!

even tho you become enlightened it doesnt automatically mean you know all things. but it allows u to quickly learn and see in depth and solve problems. no problem is unsolvable with the universal equation in hand.

Yup...I certainly do have a lot to learn. Enlightenment certainly isn't about knowing everything. Its more like gaining access to a higher order of knowledge. Sort of like Neo gaining access to the world outside the Matrix. When he did...he didn't automatically know everything. And yet, he was liberated.

enjoy your journey. because unless u quoted what u said from someone u knew who was enlightened.. i know you couldnt possibly know that that is how the process goes. it is not written in any book i have ever come across. and it is the same way it happened to me. tho being a scientist i was observing taking notes just like a scientist would to analyse and understand this whole thing so i can explain it to others. i dont know why.. but we all have our journey to take.

Its been quite an adventure. Shortly after the ecstatic Kundalini rapture wore off I embarked on a 3 month, 2000 mile pilgrimage to several sacred sites. I was led to it - given a mission from God you might say.

i just know that i gained access to every secret document of the occult. original texts and tablets. i researched fervently and always had a compassionate heart for all of mankind.

i have tested God. i have cursed him.. i have spoken enraged at him. but all were true feelings and ibelieved so well in truth that i did not hold back my true feelings. ever pray to God and it was a total cuss out? LOL

...yup

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

this time.. Jesus has no intention of turning the other cheek. interesting times ahead i can assure everyone.

Then he contradicts his own teachings. Since the "law" is never supposed to pass away (change).

Why anyone would worship a god wanting to destroy the entire world (and supposedly has once before) is beyond me.

Getting back on the subject, here is the perfect way to TEST a Guru to see if the Guru is true or not, this comes from Lao Zi:

Tao Te Ching 81
True words are not fancy.
Fancy words are not true.
The good do not debate.
Debaters are not good.

Tao Te Ching 81
The good do not debate.
Debaters are not good.

Tao Te Ching 81
The way of Heaven is to help and not harm.
The way of the Sage is to act without wrangling.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

'Fancy' is a rather arbitrary term.

One thing you pick up after studying comparative mysticism is that the temperaments and personalities of enlightened people vary. After all, they are all still human. They don't become carbon copies of each other...so as to automatically avoid using words that someone out there might think of as too 'fancy'.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
well then.. onward ho.. towards death.. and resurrection! Let us move with God Speed to master this matrix and ourselves.

For Freedom.. also

Vote Ron Paul... seriously... vote Ron Paul!

This is election is a choice that americans do not know how important their choice is.

his name is nice and short.. you cant go wrong with the golden rule.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Then he contradicts his own teachings. Since the "law" is never supposed to pass away (change).

Why anyone would worship a god wanting to destroy the entire world (and supposedly has once before) is beyond me.

Getting back on the subject, here is the perfect way to TEST a Guru to see if the Guru is true or not, this comes from Lao Zi:

Tao Te Ching 81
The good do not debate.
Debaters are not good.

Tao Te Ching 81
The good do not debate.
Debaters are not good.

Tao Te Ching 81
The way of Heaven is to help and not harm.
The way of the Sage is to act without wrangling.

noone said anything about destroying the world.. but sometimes your children really really really need to get spanked.. now dont they? and this is how it was foretold anyway..

he'll come.. show us the way.. die for us to show us that the ego/flesh isnt all there is to life.. we will have a time.. and then when he comes back.. those adhereing to evil will get a butt whipping. Judgement!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by arpgme

'Fancy' is a rather arbitrary term.

One thing you pick up after studying comparative mysticism is that the temperaments and personalities of enlightened people vary. After all, they are all still human. They don't become carbon copies of each other...so as to automatically avoid using words that someone out there might think of as too 'fancy'.

It isn't about the words themselves... It's about so people who try to say mumbo-jumbo (and exaggerate it in many words) to make you feel better, instead of giving you the simple TRUTH which a real spiritual teacher (Guru) is supposed to do.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So far I haven't seen anything to indicate any Gurus have responded, maybe not even any Saints...

Reminder: As defined in the OP from spiritual research foundation, Gurus are one in 12,000,000 and saints are one in about 700,000...

Millions of people reach some level of enlightenment, attain consciousness of energy flow and use their mind in high capacity, including pineal gland/third eye. Maybe more like hundreds of millions.

If I had to classify the responses so far they would be more in line with the seeker/disciple levels, but of course this is guesswork.

I think any initial breakthrough or enlightenment experience is no reason to consider ones self at the highest level

Do responders to this thread really consider themselves among the 600 most enlightened minds alive?

Or would you say that there are more than 600 equal at the top level? I'd find this hard to believe considering rampant problems in soceity...
edit on 18-8-2012 by MassOccurs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs
So far I haven't seen anything to indicate any Gurus have responded, maybe not even any Saints...

Reminder: As defined in the OP from spiritual research foundation, Gurus are one in 12,000,000 and saints are one in about 700,000...

Millions of people reach some level of enlightenment, attain consciousness of energy flow and use their mind in high capacity, including pineal gland/third eye. Maybe more like hundreds of millions.

If I had to classify the responses so far they would be more in line with the seeker/disciple levels, but of course this is guesswork.

I think any initial breakthrough or enlightenment experience is no reason to consider ones self at the highest level

Do responders to this thread really consider themselves among the 600 most enlightened minds alive?

Or would you say that there are more than 600 equal at the top level? I'd find this hard to believe considering rampant problems in soceity...
edit on 18-8-2012 by MassOccurs because: (no reason given)

well what does 10 years of dedicated study.. then attainment and add another 7 years of practice from all you have learned get you. i dont know about the OP's website statistics. but i would say there are VERY few.

at the end of the day however.. i say that once u attain the pure white light of consciousness.. u are a guru. this isbecause nothing is any longer out of your reach. death is powerless against you, time can be manipulated, the future can be seen accurately and you can have REAL communication with otherworldly beings together with seeing the truth of the multiverse. there are multiple dimensions one can venture to.

now having learned the absolute truth.. to live no longer in any iota of doubt of spirituality or God is significant enough to be considered a guru. simply because u have breached the gate that noone else has been able to pass. thus.. as teacher from experience.. you are a guru.

how many of them there are i cannot say. but i know the number is small.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Give you the simple truth? Nope. Give you a way that you might get at the simple truth yourself is more like it.

Morpheus couldn't take the red pill for Neo. He couldn't tell him what simple truth of the Matrix was. Words won't do it. Neo had to see it for himself by transcending the simple lie he took for reality. Morpheus just showed him the door. If you want the simple truth you have to walk through it and see.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Give you the simple truth? Nope. Give you a way that you might get at the simple truth yourself is more like it.

Morpheus couldn't take the red pill for Neo. He couldn't tell him what simple truth of the Matrix was. Words won't do it. Neo had to see it for himself by transcending the simple lie he took for reality. Morpheus just showed him the door.

that is an excellent way of explaining it.. and i hope u dont mind i use it in the future. i think everyone on the planet watched the matrix.. so it's a great metaphor to use in relating to them.

if i tell you about the matrix you wont believe me
if i show u a video recording from the matrix you wont believe it

but if i show u the door and you take ur own curiousity and yearning for truth and walk thru it then you will see it.

will you believe yourself?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

You and I are using the term guru differently. Mine reflects enlightened conscious at its highest level and application, just having it doesn't qualify.

As far as your particular experience, I'm sure there are 600 people in New York State,let alone the world, who could provide a similar story of near 20 years of study and practice including breakthrough.

The guru has exceeding rare qualities that differ from the highly accomplished practitioner.

Here's one from the site:

-The Guru being omniscient intuitively knows what is best for the student to further his spiritual progress. He guides on a one-to-one basis.

Many people confuse awareness of the mind's high power with enlightenment. How many then go on to be able to direct and control this talent. Can you pinpoint a friends location at will? Can you predict the whether?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

Not at all...please do use it. The Matrix is an excellent example of the monomyth or Hero Journey which is basically mystical initiation. Another excellent example is Star Wars IV...George Lucas was strongly influenced by Campbell. He read The Hero with a Thousand Faces twice while working on it. Since then Hollywood has been using that book very heavily.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs
reply to post by 0mage

You and I are using the term guru differently. Mine reflects enlightened conscious at its highest level and application, just having it doesn't qualify.

As far as your particular experience, I'm sure there are 600 people in New York State,let alone the world, who could provide a similar story of near 20 years of study and practice including breakthrough.

The guru has exceeding rare qualities that differ from the highly accomplished practitioner.

Here's one from the site:

-The Guru being omniscient intuitively knows what is best for the student to further his spiritual progress. He guides on a one-to-one basis.

Many people confuse awareness of the mind's high power with enlightenment. How many then go on to be able to direct and control this talent. Can you pinpoint a friends location at will? Can you predict the whether?

Psychic powers are indeed real and the more one practices mysticism the stronger they become. Like a muscle. Sooner or later, a mystic has to face the temptations that come with the realization of psychic abiltiies. I have studied parapsychology for years. Everyone is psychic to some degree. Even people who don't believe in it. It's part of consciousness.

Psychic abilities are the 'archetype of mana' in Jungian terms. Shamans from everywhere have used them for tens of thousands of years. Remote viewing, psychic healing, and weather manipulation are ancient shamanic abilities. Is every shaman who has ever done such a thing a guru?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Morpheus couldn't take the red pill for Neo. He couldn't tell him what simple truth of the Matrix was. Words won't do it. Neo had to see it for himself by transcending the simple lie he took for reality. Morpheus just showed him the door. If you want the simple truth you have to walk through it and see.

The Matrix is what is creating the false reality that everyone is sleeping in, and if you understand The Matrix, you can control physics even - there you go - the plain and simple truth.

Once you start caring whether or not people think you are crazy - you are just working through ego. The truth is what is most important.

Even if you took it slow and tried to "build" upon teachings to help people reach that conclusion, people will still choose not to listen, so why not just give the truth and be an honest person instead of hiding behind fancy words...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join