It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Palestinans are lucky to be under Israeli rule in the Middle East

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I’m saying that the Palestinians are not a western society nor do they want to be. See how Hamas runs Gaza as an example. Family honor, killing opposition leaders. They want a religious government no different then Syria.

So Israel is trying to find a balance between the two. They have no choice. How can you live with someone who talks to God before logic?

So you are insinuating that Israel is not a religious nation?

The Israeli Government is trying to find a way to remove them all together. That's why they keep minimizing the territory.

We've seen this before with Native American nations that use to exist in the West and other parts of the world.

It's called a genocide, although normally only called that hundreds of years later by historians, as we do with the Native Americans. Today we call it Nation Building.

Your argument is just not good.

The idea that one set of people should be treated by another set of people's standards is ludicrous.

Regardless of their location.

We should treat everybody equally and give them the same respect that they would probably give to us if we weren't starving their people and killing their women and children with flying robots.

That's another thread all together mind you, but the action/reaction you see here is on both sides.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So Israel is trying to find a balance between the two. They have no choice. How can you live with someone who talks to God before logic?

As an agnostic I would rather have "god before logic" than suppress and destroy via human deeds. Point out all you will about the Muslim world but they are much more tolerant of others than the Israelis are with the Palestinians. It's been documented. Google it. Try not to have an aneurism.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander683

Well, Drac, I think you've disturbed a little nest of anti Israeli/pro palestinian termites here. I wouldn't bother even trying to argue with them because their minds are closed to anything that goes against what they believe in.

Each to their own and all that but it ain't worth it, mate.

Yeah upholding the law isn't worth it. People think that Israel should be held accountable for all the laws it has broken.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I’m sorry but your argument is absurd. When in Rome act like a Roman.

Let me give you an example. If your daughter is put in front of a religious court run by Imams because she had sex before marriage.
The court says that she must be stoned to death because it’s the law in the Middle East. What are you going to do? Argue with them that it’s not logical to kill a woman for sex?

This is an analogy but an example of the mentality in the Middle East and what the liberal western minds in Israel are dealing with on a daily basis. Not only on the subject of civil liberties but also war, religion and economics.

So yes, they are acting, as they should in that part of the world while trying as hard as they can to have a western civilized approach.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

The phrase your looking for is "When in Rome, do as Romans do"

Palestine is occupied land, and an illegal abomination.

And yes, the protesting of immoral laws should happen.

Maybe if they weren't busy fighting genocide they could focus more on these other issues.

Seriously, I thought this was a random troll thread just to gain replies, as is typical, but if you really believe everything you have been typing, I fear you are a very immoral person.

edit on 17-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Right. Different cultures have different values. But you would have those OLDER cultures adapt to YOUR values. That makes this:

Let me give you an example. If your daughter is put in front of a religious court run by Imams because she had sex before marriage.
The court says that she must be stoned to death because it’s the law in the Middle East. What are you going to do? Argue with them that it’s not logical to kill a woman for sex?

This is an analogy but an example of the mentality in the Middle East and what the liberal western minds in Israel are dealing with on a daily basis. Not only on the subject of civil liberties but also war, religion and economics.

So yes, they are acting, as they should in that part of the world while trying as hard as they can to have a western civilized approach.

Not only irrelevant but hypocritical.
edit on 17-8-2012 by intrepid because: Damn BB code.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So OP you are saying it is ALRIGHT to oppress as long as there is someone doing it worse than you?

in other words Josh killed 15 people, so I will only kill 3 people and its OKAY because i'm not as bad as Josh

OP, please stop posting!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If that’s your argument then the English would have not forced their ethics on the world and make slavery against the law worldwide with the "Slavery Abolition Act 1833", and we would still have slaves in most of the world.

This is one example but I can apply that to almost any major humanitarian, moral or ethical evolution humanity made in the past 200 hundred years.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Saying that Palestinians are lucky to be under Israeli rule is the same as saying the Jews were lucky to be under rule of the Nazi Germany.

Troll much ?

How can a group of people be considered lucky if they are opressed by another group of people? BS if you ask me.

Comeon Count Drack, we all know what your agenda is on ATS by looking at your previous posts, but this statment is outright idiotic.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If that’s your argument then the English would have not forced their ethics on the world and make slavery against the law worldwide with the "Slavery Abolition Act 1833", and we would still have slaves in most of the world.

This is one example but I can apply that to almost any major humanitarian, moral or ethical evolution humanity made in the past 200 hundred years.

I'm sorry that I'm going to respond to this. I'm sorry to the members that have to read it. And the visitors that have to see this. That is the most ridiculous argument I have read on this issue. England subjugated damn near the planet. Oh wait. You made my point. Force OUR beliefs on others. What was that about "When in Rome..." again?

link   

Am I the only one lost at this point?

link   

because USA is captured by that one red eye, that odd tooth, and your mood !

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

There is no state of Palestine.

The people there were Jordanians until they left before the war in 1948. They were not allowed to come back. Israel did absorb about 500,000 Jewish refugees that were kicked out of other Muslim nations.

Why did the Muslim nations not welcome their Muslim brothers? Why are they still in "refugee" camps.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

I'm saying there is a war in the Middle East, and the blame goes around as No one is right.

But I'm also saying that Israel is a western society trying to make peace with third world countries and religious nutcases.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I dunno, go ask them.

link   

You really believe the slaves were freed because english folk thought it was right??

You must know this from all the inside intel you get from around the world. oh wait, you read it in a textbook and that makes it fact.... *slap face* darn. how could i be so foolish i was told the truth ths whole time and waz just foo ignodant to believe it... Rats!!... No pun intended

link   

reply to post by ArtooDetoo

I'm saying there is a war in the Middle East, and the blame goes around as No one is right.

But I'm also saying that Israel is a western society trying to make peace with third world countries and religious nutcases.

PEACE?!?!?!

That is all.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So your argument is Appeal To Tradition in nature?

This has nothing to do with the treatment of Palestinians or Israel's action in providing them with a living situation that is proper.

What do liberals have to do with this conversation? Why are you deflecting and again, using Adhominems to push your ideology? War on religion? Economics?

Religion maybe, it takes two to go to war though.

Economics? Your kidding right? How is the 'middle east' waging war on his economically when consistently have had access to their major resources? I can't even argue this, the notion is too far from being reality.

So you then are saying that Israel has every right to treat people anyway it wants in the name of democracy and Western Ideology?

You will allow an entire nation of people to perish, because you think your politics are better than theirs are? That you are morally better than they are?

Why is our 'freedom' somehow only for us?'

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join